Around Big East

• 3954 replies

MCNPA

Re: around the big east
« Reply #1560 on: November 26, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »
DF.  For what it's worth, the A-10 got more ncaa bids last year than the ACC.  Good teams will still make the tourney.

paultzman

« Reply #1561 on: November 26, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »
DF.  For what it's worth, the A-10 got more ncaa bids last year than the ACC.  Good teams will still make the tourney.

Not a big ACC fan I take it MCN.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:51:16 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #1562 on: November 26, 2013, 02:28:56 PM »
Not a good day for the big east, Marquette, Providence & DePaul all lose. Xavier the only team to win today

We're the new A10.

To be fair I think you gotta give the conference a few years to make a judgement like that. As a conference we are recruiting at a very high level so there are signs that this can still be a top league

That's a compliment coming from the poison. He thought they were better then the bigeast last year.

Better?

Did I make this up? I remember you goin on for about a week during tourney time that they were better.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #1563 on: November 26, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »
Not a good day for the big east, Marquette, Providence & DePaul all lose. Xavier the only team to win today

We're the new A10.

To be fair I think you gotta give the conference a few years to make a judgement like that. As a conference we are recruiting at a very high level so there are signs that this can still be a top league

That's a compliment coming from the poison. He thought they were better then the bigeast last year.

Better?

Did I make this up? I remember you goin on for about a week during tourney time that they were better.

I said after Louisville and SU they were better. And they were.

MCNPA

« Reply #1564 on: November 26, 2013, 03:09:39 PM »

ACC has actively tried to sink the Big East for a long time now.  Every fan of current Big East teams should despise the ACC IMHO.

Poison

« Reply #1565 on: November 26, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »

ACC has actively tried to sink the Big East for a long time now.  Every fan of current Big East teams should despise the ACC IMHO.

I know I do.

redslope

« Reply #1566 on: November 26, 2013, 05:41:52 PM »

Totally agree--they should be called the BECC (Big East Coast Conference).  After this season when MD leaves and L'ville comes in 7 of the 15 schools will be former BE schools.  The only reason they exist is because of the attacks on us.  They will reap what they have sewn when the SEC and the Big 12 come after some of the real FB programs.

« Reply #1567 on: November 26, 2013, 10:46:41 PM »

Hating a conference does not mean inventing ridiculous arguments that no one believes for the sole purpose of trying to convince people of something that simply is not true.

Marillac

« Reply #1568 on: November 27, 2013, 07:23:20 PM »

Hating a conference does not mean inventing ridiculous arguments that no one believes for the sole purpose of trying to convince people of something that simply is not true.

I have to agree 100% with this.

MCNPA

« Reply #1569 on: November 28, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »
I didn't invent any ridiculous arguments.  Not in the least.  Just stated that I want them to lose as much as possible, and that the more they lose, the better it is for us.  The first part is opinion.  The second part is fact. 

paultzman

« Reply #1570 on: November 29, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »
Doug McDermott came out with aggression and energy from the opening tip, and Creighton seemed to be in control the entire game. Arizona State made a couple of runs – late in the first half and midway through the second half – but it was all Bluejays on Thursday night. McDermott finished with 27 points and six rebounds, but the story going forward could be the emergence of junior college transfer Devin Brooks. The talented guard from New York came off the bench to score 23 points; he gives Creighton a player who can get his own shot whenever he wants. On the other side, Carson seemed frustrated at times against Creighton, and was missing shots he normally makes with ease. He finished with 15 points and four assists.

The same Devin Brooks from St. Rays we once looked at. Adonis' brother Joey is also referenced in article from 2009 below;
http://nypost.com/2009/11/24/young-ravens-will-take-time-to-fly/

@CBSSports: "The Doug McDermott-Jahii Carson matchup didn't live up to the hype." -@EyeOnCBB on a busy Thursday in college hoops: http://t.co/6GufSWOb9r
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:46:59 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #1571 on: November 29, 2013, 12:15:58 PM »
Two BE teams in nice 14 Old Spice  & Atlantis tourneys;

@ESPNAndyKatz: Better field in '14? Old Spice (MichSt, KU, GTech, Marq, Tenn, X, Rider, SClara) or Atlantis (UNC, UF, UCLA, Wis, Gtown, OK, UAB, But)?

« Reply #1572 on: November 29, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »
Butler who was picked to finish 9th this year in the Big East is in a street fight with #5 OK State and Marcus Smart.

paultzman

« Reply #1573 on: November 29, 2013, 03:22:47 PM »
Butler is well coached, smart team that shoots well. Envious!

paultzman

« Reply #1574 on: November 29, 2013, 03:30:58 PM »
 OSU wins by 2 in nail biter. great effort Butler!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:31:30 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #1575 on: November 29, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
Marshall makes Obekpa look smooth from foul line...What was Brown thinking...took his time coming down court with 6+ left

paultzman

« Reply #1576 on: November 29, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »
Marshall makes Obekpa look smooth from foul line...What was Brown thinking...took his time coming down court with 6+ left
Freshman brain fart. Why was he even taking the shot?

« Reply #1577 on: November 29, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »
I'd be having sweaty nightmares tonight if I were a Butler fan about those bricked free throws. Kinda right after witnessing Nuri donk those free throws against Texas A&M.

« Reply #1578 on: November 29, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
Freshman brain fart. Why was he even taking the shot?
Exactly...they should have been under orders to give it to Dunham ...

paultzman

« Reply #1579 on: November 29, 2013, 11:41:16 PM »
Creighton loses to SDSU by 6 after trailing by 19.