Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #1700 on: December 14, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »
Seton Hall struggling with St. Peter's late and Gibbs just went down in agony with a knee injury.

Moose

« Reply #1701 on: December 14, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »
Seton Hall struggling with St. Peter's late and Gibbs just went down in agony with a knee injury.

Was it me or did the cheerleader like shove him back onto the court?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1702 on: December 14, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »
Holy crap what a shot by Oliver from near midcourt with 1.1 seconds left to tie.

paultzman

« Reply #1703 on: December 14, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »
Seton Hall hits long three to tie St. Peter's who chose not to foul. Gibbs was injured, carried off court earlier

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:18:58 PM by paultzman »

Poison

« Reply #1704 on: December 14, 2013, 02:27:09 PM »
Holy crap what a shot by Oliver from near midcourt with 1.1 seconds left to tie.

That was incredible. Win or lose, that's a signature moment for Seton Hall. This is a big game for them if they have CBI aspirations.

paultzman

« Reply #1705 on: December 14, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »
Seton Hall loses by three. St. Peter's deserved this one.

« Reply #1706 on: December 14, 2013, 02:32:09 PM »
Seton hall is so bad without Edwin. If Willard didn't have whitehead coming in next year, he'd have to get canned. They are an embarrassment

paultzman

« Reply #1707 on: December 14, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »
@JPGuerette: Sina had "one of those days." 0-7 from the field, 0-4 from three, four turnovers, 1 assist. #shbb

paultzman

« Reply #1708 on: December 14, 2013, 02:59:02 PM »
@DalyDoseOfHoops: Kevin Willard on Sterling Gibbs: "We'll know more after he gets his MRI tomorrow, but it doesn't look good." #shbb

Poison

« Reply #1709 on: December 14, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
@DalyDoseOfHoops: Kevin Willard on Sterling Gibbs: "We'll know more after he gets his MRI tomorrow, but it doesn't look good." #shbb

While I wish their fans endless suffering, I hope Gibbs is okay. He's a very good player, who made a terrible decision to play for Seton Hall after making a terrible decision to play for Texas. The next school he plays for, he should let someone else pick it.

« Reply #1710 on: December 14, 2013, 03:06:56 PM »

While I wish their fans endless suffering, I hope Gibbs is okay. He's a very good player, who made a terrible decision to play for Seton Hall after making a terrible decision to play for Texas. The next school he plays for, he should let someone else pick it.
that cracked me up :)

« Reply #1711 on: December 14, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »
Seton Hall loses by three. St. Peter's deserved this one.

Think about this.  Even with both playing essentially mediocre/bad non-conference schedules Rutgers and SHU have a combined 11 losses already and 7 at home and we are not even halfway thru December yet.

« Reply #1712 on: December 14, 2013, 06:30:22 PM »
willard will still have his job because of all of the recruits he got especially whitehead - probably saved his job .

« Reply #1713 on: December 14, 2013, 06:36:58 PM »
willard will still have his job because of all of the recruits he got especially whitehead - probably saved his job .

He was always going to get 5 years.

But now you know why he had to go all out for this class.  They were probably not going to make the NCAAs this year anyway if you were objectively projecting and that was before these injuries and losses and now after a 3-15 conference record last year a probable tough year again that raises the specter of him having to do something spectacular next year.  And he was not going to do that with the Canaris Island pipeline.

« Reply #1714 on: December 14, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »

He was always going to get 5 years.

But now you know why he had to go all out for this class.  They were probably not going to make the NCAAs this year anyway if you were objectively projecting and that was before these injuries and losses and now after a 3-15 conference record last year a probable tough year again that raises the specter of him having to do something spectacular next year.  And he was not going to do that with the Canaris Island pipeline.
He won't win next year either...Whitehead may be good but he will not transform them from where they are now to a contender

MCNPA

« Reply #1715 on: December 14, 2013, 08:46:22 PM »
I love it.  Xavier is destroying Cincinnati right now.  33-14 and at the line shooting two.  Hope they keep the foot on the gas.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:47:52 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #1716 on: December 14, 2013, 09:06:11 PM »
I love it.  Xavier is destroying Cincinnati right now.  33-14 and at the line shooting two.  Hope they keep the foot on the gas.
nice !  but you should be watching frosty right now :)

« Reply #1717 on: December 14, 2013, 09:35:35 PM »

How about Frosty Returns with Jonathan Winters!!!!

« Reply #1718 on: December 14, 2013, 09:41:44 PM »

I'm not a big fan of the one that's on right now. The claymation christmas ones are my favorite. Rudolph and the year without a santa claus. Then the one with the burgermeister meisterburger and then charlie brown then the original frosty.

I'm 43 and I watch these literally every year. lol
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:42:10 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #1719 on: December 14, 2013, 10:22:18 PM »

I'm not a big fan of the one that's on right now. The claymation christmas ones are my favorite. Rudolph and the year without a santa claus. Then the one with the burgermeister meisterburger and then charlie brown then the original frosty.

I'm 43 and I watch these literally every year. lol

100%

1) Rudolph  2) Frosty 3) Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Burgermeister Burger) 4) Charlie Brown