Just wondering regarding age of recent recruits

• 3 replies
Just wondering regarding age of recent recruits
« on: May 22, 2016, 12:50:01 PM »
It would seem Mullin is continuing to brink on board recruits of appropriate age for freshmen or juniors. What I find interesting on the current roster are both Ellison and Freudenberg have the potential to physically grow into different positions. One from guard to forward and the other from forward to center at least height wise.

Marillac

Re: Just wondering regarding age of recent recruits
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »
It would seem Mullin is continuing to brink on board recruits of appropriate age for freshmen or juniors. What I find interesting on the current roster are both Ellison and Freudenberg have the potential to physically grow into different positions. One from guard to forward and the other from forward to center at least height wise.

RF might be the height of some centers but his future is at SF in the NBA no matter how much he grows.  He'll play some stretch four on college to start since most of the top bigs leave after a year or two.  He'll also play some three. I doubt he ever plays center in college.

Ellison is really a guard. His rebounding was disappointing last year for his height, and he quietly may have been our worst defender last year. He could barely slow his man down...forget stopping them.  About the only things he did relatively decently were handling the ball and shooting the ball, and both of those were decent only for 6'6 freshmen. You can't play SF if you only average one offensive rebound every two games.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:59:42 PM »

RF might be the height of some centers but his future is at SF in the NBA no matter how much he grows.  He'll play some stretch four on college to start since most of the top bigs leave after a year or two.  He'll also play some three. I doubt he ever plays center in college.

Ellison is really a guard. His rebounding was disappointing last year for his height, and he quietly may have been our worst defender last year. He could barely slow his man down...forget stopping them.  About the only things he did relatively decently were handling the ball and shooting the ball, and both of those were decent only for 6'6 freshmen. You can't play SF if you only average one offensive rebound every two games.

In February, he started to finish more drives or at least draw contact. I think if he can finish with consistency, that will be a big part of his game.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 08:52:42 PM »
With his size he should live in the lane off the bounce and make that a priority.