BE Preseason Poll

• 62 replies

LoganK

Re: BE Preseason Poll
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 07:50:57 PM »
Billy Garrett sucks
Sickle Cell Disease will do that to a player...

Agreed.

I guess they should have voted DePaul #1
Think you missed my point.  Was saying he wouldn't suck if he didn't have it.  Although, regardless, he doesn't suck.  Talented kid, just can't play a full game without risk of dying and whatnot.  Didn't say that's why he should be on the 2nd team.

desco80

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:45 PM »
Did you have anybody die from it in your family or friend die from sickle cell.
I have and do not see the joke
How about somebody joke about one of the diseases that kill one somebody from your family.
How about I joke about a fatal disease that only for example only affected Jewish people - I am sure nobody would be laughing then.

Scheppy needs a hug :( Or did someone in your family die from hugs too?
Time to man up before Trump grabs you.

Tasteless move Marillac.  You're better than that.

I have no issue with the preseason awards.   There will be some top end talent in the league.  It's just difficult to predict.  New playing time will make some guys in to stars. 
And the right development can make a guy seem like a different player - see Dom Pointer. 

Poison

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 09:18:05 PM »
This All BE 2nd team stinks. I remember when All BE 4th team meant something.

Delgado & Carrington suck..?

No. Carrington certainly doesn't. He's the one guy on that list who I could see making 2nd team. Delgado played like a talented but clueless freshman the last two seasons. He's not an All BE 2nd team player without marked improvement

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 11:17:10 PM »
How about I joke about a fatal disease that only for example only affected Jewish people - I am sure nobody would be laughing then.

Tay–Sachs is hilarious.

QuanMan

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 11:22:19 PM »
I completely understand where the seeding lands, 8th is a safe, strategic pick for most of the coaches. Thing is, we're loaded w talent, and everyone knows it. It's an interesting storyline heading into these practice weeks, tempered expectations but we could breakout at any moment. 10 deep as CM put it today, I think we finish 4th and are a year ahead of the curve.
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 07:46:55 AM »
I completely understand where the seeding lands, 8th is a safe, strategic pick for most of the coaches. Thing is, we're loaded w talent, and everyone knows it. It's an interesting storyline heading into these practice weeks, tempered expectations but we could breakout at any moment. 10 deep as CM put it today, I think we finish 4th and are a year ahead of the curve.

Admire your optimism, but I think your expectations are higher than staff's. :) Pray LoVett is healthy most of the year, being the only true PG in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:09:28 AM by paultzman »

TONYD3

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 08:29:51 AM »
8th is reasonable. 8th would suck at the same time.

Wods317

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 09:01:52 AM »
So many new pieces and such a young team. In a league with a lot of veteran talented teams like the Big East I think making a huge jump would be tough. The talent is there but the talent is very green and haven't played much at all together. Maybe they can come together quick and really make some noise but I tend to feel we will finish 7th or 8th and have a chance at the NIT. Next year with another year under their belts and two talented high level players like simon and Clark being added to the mix along with the center Brown that would still be the year for me where we need to bust in to the top 3-4 in the conference.

DFF6

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »
I'd be happy if they finished 6th.  It would be slightly above expectations, but with a lot of upside for next year's junior-heavy team.

TONYD3

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 09:12:14 AM »
I'd be happy if they finished 6th.  It would be slightly above expectations, but with a lot of upside for next year's junior-heavy team.
Agree

QuanMan

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 11:36:17 AM »

Admire your optimism, but I think your expectations are higher than staff's. :) Pray LoVett is healthy most of the year, being the only true PG in my opinion.

I think we'll take our bumps in the OOC, but by the time the BE round robin starts we'll be ready to compete and break out.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 12:24:20 PM »

I think we'll take our bumps in the OOC, but by the time the BE round robin starts we'll be ready to compete and break out.

So Bethune Cookman will handle us. And we break out against Nova?

QuanMan

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »

That's not even funny, talk to me when you're ready to discuss this season maturely. CM aligned a pretty solid OOC schedule, should produce a good RPI. November brings @Minnesota, Michigan St./VCU or Baylor on neutral floor. December has nice tests with @Tulane, Penn St. and @Cuse. I like how battle tested they'll be heading into the BE season and think that they'll peak during the course of it.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 12:42:37 PM »

don't know how long it will last, but loving the true round robin.  just received tickets today, and great to see every conference opponent once in person.  OOC will be tough especially since all of the legit teams are on the road (they really should try to get at least one marquee OOC game at the garden every year...)

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2016, 01:20:07 PM »

That's not even funny, talk to me when you're ready to discuss this season maturely. CM aligned a pretty solid OOC schedule, should produce a good RPI. November brings @Minnesota, Michigan St./VCU or Baylor on neutral floor. December has nice tests with @Tulane, Penn St. and @Cuse. I like how battle tested they'll be heading into the BE season and think that they'll peak during the course of it.

Looking forward to spanking Nova and Mich St

desco80

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »

I like your optimism too, and I agree the talent is there.
I think we'll finish lower in the standings because the team is too young to be consistent. 
We might have top 5 talent, and maybe there will be nights we play like it.
But too many fresh and sophs to think we'll be consistent. 

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2016, 01:34:41 PM »

I think we'll finish lower in the standings because the team is too young to be consistent. 

+1

Poison

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »

Where do you get top 5 talent? We haven't had that since Erick Barkley and Rob Artest played here. Best case scenario is we play like we have top 50 talent on our best day.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:51:45 PM by Poison »

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2016, 02:17:33 PM »

Where do you get top 5 talent? We haven't had that since Erick Barkley and Rob Artest played here. Best case scenario is we play like we have top 50 talent on our best day.

Think he meant top 5 in Big East