J'Raan Brooks - 6'8" - PF - Seattle, WA (Garfield High)

• 305 replies

Poison

Re: J'Raan Brooks - 6'8" - PF - Seattle, WA (Garfield High) - ST. JOHN’S
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2018, 10:57:57 PM »
Brooks is out, as is Matt A. Mike Rice in

1/3 there Baldi it seems.

Sense that Brooks is out. Mike rice in ?

Brooks is gone because Matt Is gone once the season ends

Anything is possible, but as of now not true.
Thanks for the clarification. Do you think if Matt goes, so does Brooks? Of all our recruits, he’s the one I really wanted. But if we don’t loose any core players we will be ok, probably a net gain If what Baldi says is true.

Supposedly another core player is on the outs. Graduate transfer
Id hate to loose Owens and Brooks, we can’t afford to take a hit on our front line.

If they go, we could be really bad next year. Everyone should just relax. Try to enjoy the season and the players we have now. Isn’t that what we used to say back in the day in regards to Erick Barkley and Ron Artest?

Marillac

« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2018, 11:55:55 PM »
Matt has some annoying qualities and a lot of us don't like what transpired with him and Slice, but getting rid of him makes no sense. We will need his creative recruiting more than ever the next two years. If any coach wants to make it at St. John's, they have to be able to complete a roster. The transfer game is essential for us and Matt has great potential in that area.

Jesus Christ, guys, can we let one staff fill out a roster before we cannabilize our program?
If you have 8 players. 1 quits. You recuit a few more. Atleast one never comes. Then a few more decide to leave. You might never have a full roster.

I don't mean using all 13 ships by full roster. 11-12 good scholarship players and a few solid prederred walkons meets that criteria for me. Certainly more than 7 with one being a waste like AA.
My point,  you can’t recuit to this mess. 3 years ago it was Chris Mullin hall of famer.  Do you think ponds would come here again if he could take a mulligan? Do you think the next ponds wants play for this coach? Would you?
The only player that stayed was Amar, besides never getting better he tried to leave also.

Ponds has to be thrilled with his role and exposure. Where else does a 6'1 combo ranked #46 out of high school get himself into mock drafts in November or his soph year? Do you think Fultz regrets going to a single-digit win team in Washington? How many programs would have given him 30 minutes at PG this early?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:56:53 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2018, 01:09:30 AM »
Matt has some annoying qualities and a lot of us don't like what transpired with him and Slice, but getting rid of him makes no sense. We will need his creative recruiting more than ever the next two years. If any coach wants to make it at St. John's, they have to be able to complete a roster. The transfer game is essential for us and Matt has great potential in that area.

Jesus Christ, guys, can we let one staff fill out a roster before we cannabilize our program?
If you have 8 players. 1 quits. You recuit a few more. Atleast one never comes. Then a few more decide to leave. You might never have a full roster.

I don't mean using all 13 ships by full roster. 11-12 good scholarship players and a few solid prederred walkons meets that criteria for me. Certainly more than 7 with one being a waste like AA.
My point,  you can’t recuit to this mess. 3 years ago it was Chris Mullin hall of famer.  Do you think ponds would come here again if he could take a mulligan? Do you think the next ponds wants play for this coach? Would you?
The only player that stayed was Amar, besides never getting better he tried to leave also.

Ponds has to be thrilled with his role and exposure. Where else does a 6'1 combo ranked #46 out of high school get himself into mock drafts in November or his soph year? Do you think Fultz regrets going to a single-digit win team in Washington? How many programs would have given him 30 minutes at PG this early?

Ponds was ranked #36 overall.  Nevertheless, I can only chuckle at most of this thread. 

No offense to Baldi, but pay attention to what Paultz had to say on this thread.

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2018, 08:18:07 AM »
Big Baller Brand

TONYD3

« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »

U think ponds is thrilled? I love going to St. John’s games at the garden. I am sitting on the train full of duke fans and I feel sick.

« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2018, 12:06:43 PM »

U think ponds is thrilled? I love going to St. John’s games at the garden. I am sitting on the train full of duke fans and I feel sick.

Imagine how they feel

« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2018, 02:51:21 PM »

Well hopefully Ponds took the team bus and there weren't that many.

ras

« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2018, 03:06:22 PM »

I’m sure it was a pleasurable train ride home.

« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2018, 03:34:59 PM »
Brooks is out, as is Matt A. Mike Rice in

Did Brooks re-commit? What did the magic eight-ball say?

paultzman

« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »
He has not decommiited. Apparently he & his family watched game today. Hang in there Johnnies!

« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2018, 03:45:28 PM »
He has not decommiited. Apparently he & his family watched game today. Hang in there Johnnies!

Yes, we all know only to trust you.  I'm just teasing Baldi because he loves to conjure up inane stuff right when the program has had a rough stretch.
Your word is gospel.  We all know it.

« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2018, 04:03:18 PM »

Yes, we all know only to trust you.  I'm just teasing Baldi because he loves to conjure up inane stuff right when the program has had a rough stretch.

Yes Paultzman is The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler!  ;) :)

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2018, 04:11:56 PM »

Yes Paultzman is The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler!  ;) :)

+1 Paultzman has earned it!

paultzman

« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2018, 04:29:57 PM »
Brooks & mom chime in on win;

Jen Brooks
Jen Brooks
@mama_brooks33
👏🏼👏🏼 #SJUBB Great win today fellas!! #KeepKilling 🏀
JBro™
@JraanBrooks
Congrats to them johnnies 🤟🏽🤟🏽 Took down #4 Duke!

QuanMan

« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2018, 08:08:17 PM »

Jen Brooks
Jen Brooks
@mama_brooks33
JBro™
@JraanBrooks

He and his Mom are liking each of the fan comments as well. Today was so important. I'm wondering what type of impression the game atmosphere created for Scottie Lewis!
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2018, 08:10:28 PM »

Jen Brooks
Jen Brooks
@mama_brooks33
JBro™
@JraanBrooks

He and his Mom are liking each of the fan comments as well. Today was so important. I'm wondering what type of impression the game atmosphere created for Scottie Lewis!
Don’t get greedy. 😳

« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2018, 02:17:50 AM »
When is Ponds' suspension gonna hit?

« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2018, 05:53:11 AM »
When is Ponds' suspension gonna hit?

Bigger fish to fry

paultzman

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2018, 08:08:18 AM »
Dicey it appears