BATMAN

• 13 replies
BATMAN
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:03:03 AM »
Anyone see it? I  hear Heath Ledger is incredible as the Joker and a shoe in for the Academy Award. Such a shame,gone too soon

Randomhero423

Re: BATMAN
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 04:47:41 PM »
i want to see it.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »
it was the best batman movie. hands down.

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 07:55:35 AM »
OUTSTANDING...   

Ledger was great...   so was Aaron Eckart..

One of the best movies I have seen in a long time..

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 03:10:25 PM »
Saw it last night, what a great movie! Pmg is correct in sayin Ledger and Eckart being great. This movie IMO should be getting a bunch of awards

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 03:41:42 PM »
I didn't like the chick who replaced Katie Holme as Rachel Dawes. She didn't look good and her acting was weak too. Other than that the movie was really good. Ledger was awesome.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 03:53:30 PM »
I didn't like the chick who replaced Katie Holme as Rachel Dawes. She didn't look good and her acting was weak too. Other than that the movie was really good. Ledger was awesome.

Maggie may not be as cutesy as Katie (although far sexier, especially compared to the new scientoloholmes) but her acting is normally top notch.  Haven't seen this movie yet but have liked her in pretty much anything else she's been in.  Of course the fact that you don't know her name might give me directional insight into your cinematic tastes in which case I should have probably ignored your post.   ;)

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 11:52:45 PM »
Not fo kids.
They gonna wake up wit bad dreams.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »

Maggie may not be as cutesy as Katie (although far sexier, especially compared to the new scientoloholmes) but her acting is normally top notch.  Haven't seen this movie yet but have liked her in pretty much anything else she's been in.  Of course the fact that you don't know her name might give me directional insight into your cinematic tastes in which case I should have probably ignored your post.   ;)

I don't know many actors/actresses names. I usually recall actors/actresses from their roles. "Oh thats the guy from _ _ _ _ _." I looked up Maggie on imdb and I really haven't seen many of the movies she has been in and the ones I have I really don't recall her. I do remember her from "Secretary" a movie that I only watched half of because it was just too out there for me.

Not fo kids.

Please they see far worse things on TV on a daily basis.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »

Maggie may not be as cutesy as Katie (although far sexier, especially compared to the new scientoloholmes) but her acting is normally top notch.  Haven't seen this movie yet but have liked her in pretty much anything else she's been in.  Of course the fact that you don't know her name might give me directional insight into your cinematic tastes in which case I should have probably ignored your post.   ;)

I don't know many actors/actresses names. I usually recall actors/actresses from their roles. "Oh thats the guy from _ _ _ _ _." I looked up Maggie on imdb and I really haven't seen many of the movies she has been in and the ones I have I really don't recall her. I do remember her from "Secretary" a movie that I only watched half of because it was just too out there for me.

Adaptation, Happy Endings, Donnie Darko and Stranger Than Fiction were very good-to-great (not necessarily the best films ever but way above average) and regardless of the size of the roles she was very good in all of them.  If you haven't seen them then watch them on or rent them from Netflix.  Secretary was very good as well, not sure I get your "out there" comment.  She was supposedly great in Sherrybaby as well but that hasn't reached the top of my Netflix queue as of yet.

I did like Holmes in The Gift for two obvious reasons.

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »

Maggie may not be as cutesy as Katie (although far sexier, especially compared to the new scientoloholmes) but her acting is normally top notch.  Haven't seen this movie yet but have liked her in pretty much anything else she's been in.  Of course the fact that you don't know her name might give me directional insight into your cinematic tastes in which case I should have probably ignored your post.   ;)

Adaptation, Happy Endings, Donnie Darko and Stranger Than Fiction were very good-to-great (not necessarily the best films ever but way above average) and regardless of the size of the roles she was very good in all of them.  If you haven't seen them then watch them on or rent them from Netflix.  Secretary was very good as well, not sure I get your "out there" comment.  She was supposedly great in Sherrybaby as well but that hasn't reached the top of my Netflix queue as of yet.

I did like Holmes in The Gift for two obvious reasons.

Katie Holmes is a disaster. Damaged goods

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 06:01:13 PM »
it was pretty good. batman's voice was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded tho

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »

Not fo kids.

Please they see far worse things on TV on a daily basis.

Not on any TVs in my house.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »
it was good...but Batman begins was better
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!