Georgetown Game 1

• 229 replies
Re: Georgetown Game 1
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2018, 09:22:54 PM »
Mo’s hire had to do with money. Gempshaw knew he would bring eyes back to program without having to market.The big factor would be getting back donations from alums who had no interest. It’s been 26 years since Louie retired. It has never been about winning basketball.
+100

Dead on.  Lavin didn't kiss the rings of the elite alumni or local media.  Ultimately, it bit him in the ass.

« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2018, 09:24:09 PM »
I'm e mailing the A D tomorrow. I suggest everyone who is unhappy with the program do the same.

He definitely reads them... and responds, even if an acknowledgement.

« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »
Hey man, u got it good. Rider, Fairfield, Siena. Sometimes we back the right horse.

« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2018, 09:25:45 PM »
Hey man, u got it good. Rider, Fairfield, Siena. Sometimes we back the right horse.

You a St. John's fan or not?

« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2018, 09:28:37 PM »
Yes. And former player at school for different sport.  Being a fan is only reason why I post. If I wasn’t, they would be as irrelevant to me as rest of country

« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2018, 09:28:43 PM »
Absolutely hilarious that we finally get some clarity about Marcus' return now that we're 0-5 in conference.

« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2018, 09:30:30 PM »
Yes. And former player at school for different sport.  Being a fan is only reason why I post. If I wasn’t, they would be as irrelevant to me as rest of country

So you're not a fan anymore is what you're saying?

« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »
When did I say that? I said I’m not going to anymore games. Does not mean I’m not a fan. Giants were 2-14 and last game of year they had half empty house. Does that mean season ticket holders who didn’t go to game are not fans anymore?  There are many ways of being a fan,  but got to cut loses for season and watch from house.

« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2018, 09:36:30 PM »
Ok.I misunderstood.  My bad.

paultzman

« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2018, 09:36:55 PM »
Chris Mullin said Marcus LoVett may return to practice court tomorrow. Also, Bashir Ahmed was battling flu-like symptoms. #sjubb
Braziller

« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »
Chris Mullin said Marcus LoVett may return to practice court tomorrow. Also, Bashir Ahmed was battling flu-like symptoms. #sjubb
Braziller

Good by the time Lovett plays again there will be about 200 fans at Carnesecca and nobody is going to care. 

TONYD3

« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2018, 10:05:10 PM »
I'm e mailing the A D tomorrow. I suggest everyone who is unhappy with the program do the same.

He is a nice guy. He assured me we would win tonight.

Marillac

« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2018, 10:07:32 PM »
Braziller

Three weeks too late.

« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »

I would love to see that email...

TONYD3

« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2018, 10:28:47 PM »

[/quote

No email. Saw him before the game

Poison

« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »
The staff lost this game over the summer. Lazy shits.

TONYD3

« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2018, 10:32:14 PM »
The staff lost this game over the summer. Lazy shits.
Had a fun night with my brother. Hope you guys enjoyed the game some way. Not mad at all

goredmen

« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2018, 10:41:20 PM »
http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/010918aaa.html

The "we're right there" quotes by 3 different people is infuriating because we shouldn't be "right there" at home vs Georgetown, or even DePaul and Providence. We should be head and shoulders above them at home. If you want to hang your hat on being "right there" at SHU and at Creighton that's fine as long as you are taking care of business elsewhere. Shows how far away this program currently is because we are still just striving for mediocrity

« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2018, 10:51:25 PM »
Sat right behind Gtown bench. Herb Williams and Allan Houston were in my way a little bit but had nice view. Some random thoughts.
-Other than Ponds and or Simon driving the ball or Clark wide open with his feet set, what is a good shot for us?
-Refs sucked
-Feel bad for Ponds, he played really hard. Best defense he has played in 2 years.  Fun to watch and threw some nice passes his teammates weren't ready for. Seemed to give up on those long threes. 
-Herb and Houston look exactly the same. Wennington and Ewing have aged poorly.
The two big things I noticed.
I am a big Mullin fan. Ewing commands the huddle way more in his first season then Mullin has in 3. In fact at one point after watching Ewing during a TO I looked down to ST John's bench and Mullin wasn't even in the huddle Looked like they boxed him out. Bad optics. 
St John's has terrible cheerleaders!!!