Georgetown Game 1

• 229 replies
Re: Georgetown Game 1
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2018, 09:01:43 PM »
I would not be surprised if J'Raan Brooks walks away from his verbal committ

« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2018, 09:02:46 PM »
Tonight was arguably the worst basketball SJU has played in the last 2 decades...and that is saying a lot because we've been pretty bad for like 15 of those years.

« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2018, 09:06:17 PM »
We played terribly cause team has quit. This is not about wins and loses anymore. It’s about accountability and leadership. I have mentioned this a few times. What is going on with Lovett, is more than on the court. I truly believe the players see the selfishness on both coaches part and his part and they have fed off it. The 10-2 start was not a mirage,  it’s that team sees a weak link and when they have relied on staff, the staff quit.

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2018, 09:07:18 PM »
Trimble 3-4 from 3, rest of team 1-16. What happened to the good shooting team we were supposed to have and yet Mullin green lights everyone from 3.  ::)

« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2018, 09:08:15 PM »
I would not be surprised if J'Raan Brooks walks away from his verbal committ

I hope he sticks around, as I really like his game.  But, if this season continues down this road, then I expect him to back out.  Not to mention, I believe he and his mom has #sjubb hashtagged on their Twitter feeds.  So, they have been witnessing a meltdown of fans, so I wouldn't doubt they start to have reservations. 

« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2018, 09:09:36 PM »
If we finish 2-16 or 1-17 the school will be forced to make changes.

You know what's funny I thought he was safe for this year regardless of how they finish both because of his name and the overall notion that the administration is going to give him some space in this rebuild.  But seriously they are staring 0-7 in the face and a last place finish in the BE in year 3 after doing nothing in your first two years, I don't know how SJU could sell a year 4 with him to the fan base.

« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »
We played terribly cause team has quit. This is not about wins and loses anymore. It’s about accountability and leadership. I have mentioned this a few times. What is going on with Lovett, is more than on the court. I truly believe the players see the selfishness on both coaches part and his part and they have fed off it. The 10-2 start was not a mirage,  it’s that team sees a weak link and when they have relied on staff, the staff quit.

You may have a point here. 

I said somewhere in the game feed that it seemed like the team is going through the motions.  No energy or sense of urgency.  As, you stated....  Maybe, they're quitting.  Time will tell. 

« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »
Trimble 3-4 from 3, rest of team 1-16. What happened to the good shooting team we were supposed to have and yet Mullin green lights everyone from 3.  ::)

One thing for sure is Shamorie Ponds is a long way from being an elite guard.  That is back to back games he has missed critical free throws and his 3pt shooting has been poor for someone who is supposed to be an all league caliber guard.

« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2018, 09:12:24 PM »

You may have a point here. 

I said somewhere in the game feed that it seemed like the team is going through the motions.  No energy or sense of urgency.  As, you stated....  Maybe, they're quitting.  Time will tell. 
They ain't buyin what the coaches are selling.

« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2018, 09:13:46 PM »
Team needs to suit up Foad and we are sju they'll run through a brick wall for Mullin.

« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2018, 09:15:02 PM »
I'll tell you this I have tickets to the Villanova game, taking my son and meeting my friend and his kids on Saturday.

Outside of that I am not wasting my time with this team the rest of this year unless something drastic happens.  Meaning not making it a point to watch the games or be around to watch or go to the games.

ras

« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2018, 09:15:16 PM »
This is tougher than Mullins first year. We didn’t expect anything then. Year 3 a total bust, and we already played the 2 worst teams at home. It’s getting harder to be a fan and that’s saying a lot considering the last 15 years.

« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »
Mo’s hire had to do with money. Gempshaw knew he would bring eyes back to program without having to market.The big factor would be getting back donations from alums who had no interest. It’s been 26 years since Louie retired. It has never been about winning basketball.

goredmen

« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »

One thing for sure is Shamorie Ponds is a long way from being an elite guard.  That is back to back games he has missed critical free throws and his 3pt shooting has been poor for someone who is supposed to be an all league caliber guard.

Definitely, but the staff does not run any sets for him or any sets in general really. It's incredibly tough to be an elite player when you have to create all of your own shots off the dribble. Even a below average coach would find a way to run him off screens or something

Johnny23

« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »
My prediction for rest of season: 13 league games left. I believe they win 4 or 5 of them. They also win 1 game in BE. They give Mullin one more year since he's Mullin. Hopefully he makes staff changes but who the hell knows. Not saying I like it (because I don't) but this is how I think it plays out.

« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2018, 09:19:19 PM »
Can honestly say, have not missed a game in years, and after this nova game, which I have tickets for, will be my last for season.

« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2018, 09:19:56 PM »
I'll tell you this I have tickets to the Villanova game, taking my son and meeting my friend and his kids on Saturday.

Outside of that I am not wasting my time with this team the rest of this year unless something drastic happens.  Meaning not making it a point to watch the games or be around to watch or go to the games.

How many years in a row are you going to say this. Either you're a fan or not, grow up

« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2018, 09:20:08 PM »
Mo’s hire had to do with money. Gempshaw knew he would bring eyes back to program without having to market.The big factor would be getting back donations from alums who had no interest. It’s been 26 years since Louie retired. It has never been about winning basketball.

We'll hopefully they invested those donations right over the last 2-3 years, because they are going to start drying up quickly.

Maybe if we focus all our money on academics, we'll move the needle on our US News ranking

« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2018, 09:21:01 PM »
Can honestly say, have not missed a game in years, and after this nova game, which I have tickets for, will be my last for season.

Lol. The drama

isham

« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2018, 09:21:25 PM »
I'm e mailing the A D tomorrow. I suggest everyone who is unhappy with the program do the same.