Georgetown Game 1

• 229 replies
Re: Georgetown Game 1
« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2018, 10:51:34 PM »
http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/010918aaa.html

The "we're right there" quotes by 3 different people is infuriating because we shouldn't be "right there" at home vs Georgetown, or even DePaul and Providence. We should be head and shoulders above them at home. If you want to hang your hat on being "right there" at SHU and at Creighton that's fine as long as you are taking care of business elsewhere. Shows how far away this program currently is because we are still just striving for mediocrity

Yeah you are 0-4 and you are playing the team that was picked to finish next to last in the BE at home and you are concerned about your inability to get a stop late so you may have a chance to win the game???  How about beating the SNOT out of them from start to finish because you are so pissed off that you are 0-4 instead of essentially trailing most of the second half from 5-8 points before Georgetown nearly handed you the game and you still lost.

« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2018, 10:54:19 PM »
Trimble 3-4 from 3, rest of team 1-16. What happened to the good shooting team we were supposed to have and yet Mullin green lights everyone from 3.  ::)

One thing for sure is Shamorie Ponds is a long way from being an elite guard.  That is back to back games he has missed critical free throws and his 3pt shooting has been poor for someone who is supposed to be an all league caliber guard.

Besides the missed FT I thought he played well. He can't shoot but his drives to the basket are our best offense.

« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2018, 10:55:00 PM »
Trimble 3-4 from 3, rest of team 1-16. What happened to the good shooting team we were supposed to have and yet Mullin green lights everyone from 3.  ::)

One thing for sure is Shamorie Ponds is a long way from being an elite guard.  That is back to back games he has missed critical free throws and his 3pt shooting has been poor for someone who is supposed to be an all league caliber guard.

Damn, he was the only reason we had a shot the last 5 minutes of that game. And he should have been at the ft line with a chance to tie it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #203 on: January 09, 2018, 10:55:59 PM »

The "we're right there" quotes by 3 different people is infuriating because we shouldn't be "right there" at home vs Georgetown, or even DePaul and Providence. We should be head and shoulders above them at home. If you want to hang your hat on being "right there" at SHU and at Creighton that's fine as long as you are taking care of business elsewhere. Shows how far away this program currently is because we are still just striving for mediocrity

Some fans are also striving for mediocrity.  Read some of the posts (particularly, on Redmen).

I'm telling myself, "No way it can happen," and I still don't think it'll happen, but we could end up being in last place or 9th place at the end of the season. 

Lack of depth is certainly a problem, but the staff rested on their laurels when this could've been rectified.  If anyone watches the game, they'll also know this is more than a lack of depth issue.

« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2018, 10:56:18 PM »

Damn, he was the only reason we had a shot the last 5 minutes of that game. And he should have been at the ft line with a chance to tie it.

Tough to do all game but him and Simon driving the ball is our offense

« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »

"neither surprised or upset" yikes

I was actually surprised by how much more Ewing is involved. But again he was an NBA assistant for years.

« Reply #207 on: January 09, 2018, 10:59:22 PM »

Imagine if Simon was a shooting threat at all. Does just about everything else well.

TONYD3

« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2018, 10:59:57 PM »

Some fans are also striving for mediocrity.  Read some of the posts (particularly, on Redmen).

I'm telling myself, "No way it can happen," and I still don't think it'll happen, but we could end up being in last place or 9th place at the end of the season. 

Lack of depth is certainly a problem, but the staff rested on their laurels when this could've been rectified.  If anyone watches the game, they'll also know this is more than a lack of depth issue.
I wanted to win. Spent plenty of money. We are better off losing. Not mad even the slightest. The kids played hard. Need a new start

« Reply #209 on: January 09, 2018, 11:00:52 PM »

Imagine if Simon was a shooting threat at all. Does just about everything else well.

This is where Lovett is killing us. We have no reliable outside shooter besides Clark and not sure you want your 4 guy to be your only shooter.

goredmen

« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2018, 11:02:17 PM »

I don't think anything other than 9th or 10th in the league is even on the table at this point. If we catch every single break from now until the end of the season we will still finish no better than 5-13. We've played the 3 worst teams in the league aside from us at home and lost all 3

« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2018, 11:03:23 PM »
Wouldn't bet the kids College fund we win 1.

TONYD3

« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2018, 11:05:22 PM »
Drunk? Or hate coach ?

« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2018, 11:09:04 PM »
Drunk? Or hate coach ?

Neither. Feel bad for Mullin and my seat was at end of row so hard to get up, only had 2 beers.
What game would you bet your savings we win? Not saying we won't win 2 or 3. Just saying there is not a game I would feel overly confident about.

« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2018, 11:28:13 PM »

"neither surprised or upset" yikes

I was actually surprised by how much more Ewing is involved. But again he was an NBA assistant for years.
A coach with actual previous coaching experience?? What a novel idea.

« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2018, 11:32:47 PM »

If he could shoot, he would still be in Arizona.

« Reply #216 on: January 09, 2018, 11:36:50 PM »
And the BOO BIRDS are out at MSG. What a dumpster fire.
i noticed that as well. It is rare to hear boos from SJ fans since they rarely get excited enough to cheer, shows you how bad we were playing and how much unrest is building.

« Reply #217 on: January 09, 2018, 11:45:16 PM »
saw on twitter there is some tension with Lovett and other players....not sure how credible the source was......i cant believe i spent money to go to Georgetown game in DC to sit front row....well at least if i have to boo the players and mullin they will hear me.

Johnny23

« Reply #218 on: January 09, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »
I must say it was pretty funny in the 1st half when Amar got the ball and the crowd let out a collective groan.

« Reply #219 on: January 09, 2018, 11:54:26 PM »
A lot of people on this board are mental wow