LoVett Done For Season

• 181 replies

ras

Re: LoVett Done For Season
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2018, 03:06:08 PM »
Heard from a couple of people today that Lovett is not attending classes..

If this is true, the school should cut ties with the kid and miraculously feed the story to Zach B
That doesn’t surprise me. If that’s the case , why should we pay for any medical care?  I agree w you ,he should be off the team if not attending classes.

« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2018, 11:02:48 PM »
Heard he is headed to Lithuania to run with the Balls.

« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »

Adam Zagoria

@AdamZagoria

·

35m

Marcus LoVett tells us he’s not sure if he will be back at @StJohnsBBall next season. Said he’s not sure what will happen.

« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »

Adam Zagoria

@AdamZagoria

·

35m

Marcus LoVett tells us he’s not sure if he will be back at @StJohnsBBall next season. Said he’s not sure what will happen.

Honestly, that is what I'd expect him to say.

« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2018, 03:32:55 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if he is here next year

paultzman

« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if he is here next year

I would

Dan

« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2018, 03:46:22 PM »

Adam Zagoria

@AdamZagoria

·

35m

Honestly, that is what I'd expect him to say.

Same -- he clearly knows he won't be but again showing no class.  If PMG's sources are accurate, and I don't doubt they are, he knows he's not coming back.

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2018, 03:53:08 PM »
Not thrilled with the way it went down, but he could of packed up his stuff and left. Instead he's still in class and supporting his teammates. If nothing else he's supporting the program, and proud to be a Johnnie.

« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »
Under different circumstances, I'd agree with you.  In this particular case, I don't.  He has yo-yo'ed the staff since last summer;  If he wants to be gone, leave now.  We don't need you on the sidelines when you are choosing not to play; I say choosing because this isn't a kid who has an injury that is preventing him from playing ball.  If his pops was going to go this route - and Marcus seems like a great kid who is listening to people he believes have his best interests in mind - he should have just left last year and allowed us to build the team accordingly.

SJUFAN

« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »
Under different circumstances, I'd agree with you.  In this particular case, I don't.  He has yo-yo'ed the staff since last summer;  If he wants to be gone, leave now.  We don't need you on the sidelines when you are choosing not to play; I say choosing because this isn't a kid who has an injury that is preventing him from playing ball.  If his pops was going to go this route - and Marcus seems like a great kid who is listening to people he believes have his best interests in mind - he should have just left last year and allowed us to build the team accordingly.

What is there for him to gain to not play if he is able to? Sorry that doesn't make sense. He may be healthy enough to try to play through whatever element he has, and I can see why the staff would want that. But he needs to look out for himself and make sure he is healthy. Ask OBJ what he gained. Clearly there is a health concern which is why he shut it down for the season.

« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2018, 04:53:20 PM »
Kids play through minor, nagging injuries all the time, without long term effect.  That is what Shamorie is doing.

No one believes this is an issue that could have long term implications.   

« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2018, 05:06:16 PM »
If I was the staff I would move on from him.

« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2018, 05:09:28 PM »
Maybe there is another issue, other than injury

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2018, 05:09:31 PM »

What is there for him to gain to not play if he is able to? Sorry that doesn't make sense. He may be healthy enough to try to play through whatever element he has, and I can see why the staff would want that. But he needs to look out for himself and make sure he is healthy. Ask OBJ what he gained. Clearly there is a health concern which is why he shut it down for the season.

Kid is a coward, and a flake. He never stuck around at any high school than more than a year or two and he's doing the same now. Just be a man and admit what you're doing instead lying. I don't get how any fan of this team has any sympathy for this loser.

paultzman

« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2018, 05:10:59 PM »
If I was the staff I would move on from him.

They will

SJUFAN

« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2018, 05:11:54 PM »
Kids play through minor, nagging injuries all the time, without long term effect.  That is what Shamorie is doing.

No one believes this is an issue that could have long term implications.   

I don't think its fair to the kid to have an opinion one way or the other absent of actually knowing what the issue is.  We are assuming its minor, again I can't believe that to be the case for him to sit out the season. It clearly warrants it in his mind. He wouldn't be sitting behind the bench dressed head to toe in STJ gear supporting his teammates if he didn't want to be part of the program. This is a business decision.

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2018, 05:19:14 PM »
I will always respect him for sticking through the ineligible freshmen season when everyone had him fingered as good as gone.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2018, 05:23:52 PM »
I will always respect him for sticking through the ineligible freshmen season when everyone had him fingered as good as gone.

Maybe he deserved respect then. But now? Someone who's medically cleared to play but refuses to play doesn't deserve it. Especially given the circumstances. Staff would be nuts to accept him back for this year. He (or his dad, who knows) blew it. I feel bad for him, almost.

Foad

« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2018, 09:05:12 PM »
I will always respect him for sticking through the ineligible freshmen season when everyone had him fingered

Pics or it didn't happen.

« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2018, 09:49:14 PM »
Perhaps this, too, though I think he has a pretty good head on his shoulders.  This is him listening to other people in his lives - who no doubt believe they have his best interests in mind - but are doing him a disservice as there are plenty of things he could have improved on playing against really good Big East back courts every night.  As I've said, he seems like a great kid and I loved watching him play.  Just don't appreciate the yo-yo stuff over the past year.  If you want to get paid to play, by all means go do so.  Don't string us and the staff along.  If this season was one in which you weren't enough of a team guy to play through a minor injury that many others would, just move on last summer so we don't lose Ellison and/or can recruit accordingly.  No capable guard transfer or JUCO was coming here with Lovett, Ponds and Simon slotted to get pretty much all the backup minutes. 

Maybe there is another issue, other than injury