Bad Luck isn't only in Queens

• 12 replies

Randomhero423

Re: Bad Luck isn't only in Queens
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 05:22:58 PM »
good. he always annoys me.

louisville has also had terrible luck.

WVU just lost their football coach to mich as well..

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »

Wow I am probably one of the biggest Cuse haters around but I would never say I was glad some kids season is over.  Devendorf is a punk but come on have some compassion for the kid.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 08:54:39 PM »
By my count my alma mater's football team (USC) lost 11 starters all together before and during this season. Also two important unanticipated transfers. However, the death blow to a national championship was dealt when Booty our qb injured his finger against Stanford and convinced the coach that he could still do the job. He did a job all right. He threw 4 interceptions in that now famous game and sat out 3 more games (including our second loss to Oregon State) nursing his finger. The SJU connection? I hope that Mase and Rob Thomas are used prudently in Hawaii and are all set to go in January. I don't want to lose to anybody but if I had to lose to Ohio in order to beat Providence, that's exactly what I'd do. We need significant minutes from Mase, Burrell and Thomas if we are going to win in the Big East. I saw both Justin Burrell and Rob Thomas play in prep school and in my opinion - at the same stage - RT was at least as good as JB - if not better.

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 09:16:42 PM »

Wow I am probably one of the biggest Cuse haters around but I would never say I was glad some kids season is over.  Devendorf is a punk but come on have some compassion for the kid.

wasn't rooting for him to get injuried but i dont have that much compassion for a punk like him.

kob24

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 12:32:15 AM »
ive meet him and coached against him he isnt that bad. hes just a tough kid

kjd01067

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »

wasn't rooting for him to get injuried but i dont have that much compassion for a punk like him.

I could care less if the kid is a punk he still is a college athlete and if he played for STJ Im sure your feelings would be different.  I hope this kid is granted a redshirt and is able to come back to the court.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 10:32:07 AM »

It's bad luck to be happy when a player on another team goes down.
If he annoys you, it's probably because he's better than anything we've had in ages.

After all, we've had our share of bad luck. Would you find it funny it people were laughing about it?

Poison

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 10:35:52 AM »

Devondorf is a puck? Then the same could be said for Justin Burrell. Just ask the ref who slapped the T on him Saturday.
How about a little objectivity for the sake of accuracy?

kjd01067

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »

Devondorf is a puck? Then the same could be said for Justin Burrell. Just ask the ref who slapped the T on him Saturday.
How about a little objectivity for the sake of accuracy?

When did i ever say Burrell wasnt a punk ???  If you read my other posts I said Burrell deserved to be T'd up !

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »
I don't think Burrell deserved to be T'd up
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 01:54:53 PM »
I don't think Burrell deserved to be T'd up

He made a great play and then had to stare the kid down and say something.  I dont think this one play lead to his T though im sure he did some other stuff to piss the ref off.  I dont mind the T but i wish it had pumped the other guys up, it seemed to have no affect on them.

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 03:49:10 PM »

Got to agree with you.  I wanted to see the Cuse lose all their games at full strength.  Hopefully ED will have a speedy and full recovery.