Nike Pro City

• 3 replies

Randomhero423

Nike Pro City
« on: August 05, 2008, 10:42:36 PM »
I went to the game tonight and so a few old Johnnie's...

first game (all on same team)
Ron Artest -- no scouting report needed... although he was just coasting.

Darryl "Showtime" Hill -- played really good.  he is missing that last gear but he was the MVP of their team. 

Ryan Williams -- played pretty good.  he made a highlight dunk in the 4th quarter.

2nd game. (only stayed for first half)
Omar Cook -- first play was a no look ally oop.  seems like not much as changed.  was very nice to refs before game. 

kyle cuffe -- gained around 30-40 pounds.  still got the jumper though.

Re: Nike Pro City
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
The finals were great it is good to see St.johns players sticking together
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
thanks for the info randomhero. i dont know why, but i really liked kyle cuffe. always reminded me of kurt thomas. but i guess their looks were probably more similar than their games. if cuffe ever developed that baseline j like kurt did he could have been pretty good. a nice low post player, unfortunately he's another player in a long list of johnnies that never really developed and took that next step over his career.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:59:34 AM »
thanks for the info randomhero. i dont know why, but i really liked kyle cuffe. always reminded me of kurt thomas. but i guess their looks were probably more similar than their games. if cuffe ever developed that baseline j like kurt did he could have been pretty good. a nice low post player, unfortunately he's another player in a long list of johnnies that never really developed and took that next step over his career.

Well said bre.

Kyle had hella promise back at Rice and beyond. He score wit both hands. He got hisself a soft touch (and I would debates that he did have a decent baseline-j).

Kyle wuldn't the most athletic brother on the court. But the main thing is (and I hate to use the word), but Kyle was a lil. He'd try to finess when he shoulda been goin strong.

Anyway, I hate to dog a playa like Kyle. He is truly one of the nicest peoples y'all will meet and is a straight up loyal brother. 

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.