Chris Ledlum, F, St Peter’s Prep, Staten Island NY - HARVARD

• 22 replies

paultzman

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:35:18 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Johnny23

Re: Chris Ledlum, F, St Peter’s Prep, Staten Island NY
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 02:21:36 PM »
If this kid truly has Ivy offers he should take them. It's not like he's going to make a lucrative living playing hoops.

QuanMan

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 02:56:39 PM »
I'm reading up on this kid a good amount and I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed. A leader at St. Peter's, just like Ellington he brings invaluable intangibles on and off the court and local flavor. I'm all for these kids at the end of our bench working their way up the depth chart as they mature. Whenever he's playing CHSAA teams in the BX next season I'll be on my way to see him.

Check out this pool linked below fwiw:

http://www.silive.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/will_st_peters_hoop_star_chris.html

http://www.silive.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/05/after_st_johns_st_peters_chris.html

The 6-foot-6 Ledlum, who averaged career highs in points (20.3) and rebounds (9.0) at St. Peter's last season, now has offers from 10 different conferences, including: the Ivy League (Columbia, Brown, Yale), MAAC (Marist, Manahattan), Atlantic-10 (St. Bonaventure's, UMass), American East (Binghamton, Stony Brook), Patriot League (Lehigh), Southland (New Orleans), Atlantic Sun (NJIT), Mid-American (Bowling Green) and the Big East (St. John's).
Section 3
Section 116

SJUFAN

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 03:44:50 PM »
The 6-foot-6 Ledlum, who averaged career highs in points (20.3) and rebounds (9.0) at St. Peter's last season, now has offers from 10 different conferences, including: the Ivy League (Columbia, Brown, Yale), MAAC (Marist, Manahattan), Atlantic-10 (St. Bonaventure's, UMass), American East (Binghamton, Stony Brook), Patriot League (Lehigh), Southland (New Orleans), Atlantic Sun (NJIT), Mid-American (Bowling Green) and the Big East (St. John's).

hmmmm...it just doesn't seem right when we are the only high major program competing for the services of a recruit. 

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 03:46:14 PM »

hmmmm...it just doesn't seem right when we are the only high major program competing for the services of a recruit. 
Plenty of time for schools at our level or maybe higher to get involved.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 05:20:47 PM »
Prep Circuit
‏@PrepCircuit
NY Jayhawks (NYC) F Christopher Ledlum (@chris_ledlum): 35 PTS, 8 REB in a win over Ohio Basketball Club @NYJayhawks

QuanMan

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »
Hall offered on his unofficial over the wknd FYI.
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »
Chris Ledlum continues to add high major looks as he breaks out with the NY Jayhawks

https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/928892
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 09:33:52 AM »
Offers coming in. Notre Dame offered and I can see them being strong competition. Hope he wants to stay home.

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
Offers coming in. Notre Dame offered and I can see them being strong competition. Hope he wants to stay home.
Hear it is his dream school with great academics, a key family requisite.

QuanMan

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 03:22:59 PM »
Is this a Jordan Tucker to Duke big eyed situation or are there minutes being promised to him? This has been a interesting development, we are competing throughout. Vandy offers much of the same as ND. With displayed persistence we can stay in the thick of this w the likes of our sudden recruiting arch rival Illinois (Antigua), VTech, Pitt, Hall, Wake etc.

I disagree with the notion that being in it before he blew up doesn't have merit. We've followed him everywhere this Summer too, I'm not counting us out.
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 09:26:49 PM »
Is this a Jordan Tucker to Duke big eyed situation or are there minutes being promised to him? This has been a interesting development, we are competing throughout. Vandy offers much of the same as ND. With displayed persistence we can stay in the thick of this w the likes of our sudden recruiting arch rival Illinois (Antigua), VTech, Pitt, Hall, Wake etc.

I disagree with the notion that being in it before he blew up doesn't have merit. We've followed him everywhere this Summer too, I'm not counting us out.

Could be similar to Matt Ryan who was a local kid and was pretty much ND bound as soon as they offered. He wound up not getting many minutes there in his first 2 years and now he's at Vanderbilt.

We were never really involved with Ryan out of HS or when he transferred but could see how Ledlum drifts towards South Bend. Hard to imagine him ending up anywhere else if he's had his sights set on ND and he's got the grades and they extend an offer

derk

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 11:03:30 AM »
He has many different varieties of schools coming at him - academic, basketball, local, large state schools, top ten schools etc. Will be very difficult to beat all of them. Of course we have the old advantage, close to home, which almost never works.

derk

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »

Could be similar to Matt Ryan who was a local kid and was pretty much ND bound as soon as they offered. He wound up not getting many minutes there in his first 2 years and now he's at Vanderbilt.

We were never really involved with Ryan out of HS or when he transferred but could see how Ledlum drifts towards South Bend. Hard to imagine him ending up anywhere else if he's had his sights set on ND and he's got the grades and they extend an offer

Or he could be like that other Staten Island kid, the guard from a few years ago. Got kicked out of ND - ?

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 11:16:22 AM »
Tyrone Nash redux

derk

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 04:21:41 PM »
I was thinking of McAlarney