Posh Alexander- PG - Our Savior Lutheran- ST. JOHN’S (Signed)

• 109 replies

Marillac

Re: Posh Alexander- PG - Our Savior Lutheran- ST. JOHN’S
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2019, 09:30:52 PM »
I'd take a coach who can coach up the talent on his roster over a good recruiter who can't coach any day. Thankfully I think Anderson will be able to blend the two. Coach kids up and then get the better recruits.

You need both at this level for sustained success.

Re: Posh Alexander- PG - Our Savior Lutheran- ST. JOHN’S (Verbal Commit)
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2019, 09:18:36 PM »
I shared my honest opinion and it looks like there was merit to that as experts clearly agree as the new 247 rankings came out just now and Posh dropped out of Top 100 while RJ Davis moved up 16 spots to 67.

RJ Davis committed to UNC. They swooped in and got him in about 2 weeks after he was a heavy lean to Pitt. Marquette made a strong run late for him too.

Pitt was only school of that group to recruit Posh.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2019, 07:29:26 AM »
RJ Davis committed to UNC. They swooped in and got him in about 2 weeks after he was a heavy lean to Pitt. Marquette made a strong run late for him too.

Pitt was only school of that group to recruit Posh.

Do you think they regret not putting the press on Posh?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2019, 10:12:34 AM »
Do you think they regret not putting the press on Posh?

Probably at this point. Well is pretty dry

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2019, 10:49:25 AM »
Probably at this point. Well is pretty dry

Didn’t you fault staff for doing exactly that?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

goredmen

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2019, 12:14:19 PM »
Didn’t you fault staff for doing exactly that?

Yes, Dave said something along the lines of Posh is ok but we should have really gone after RJ Davis instead. Had we done that, we would have wasted a lot of time and energy recruiting RJ Davis and could have potentially missed out on Posh too in the process and we'd be stuck with our dick in our hands at this point.

ras

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2019, 04:27:10 PM »
Yes, Dave said something along the lines of Posh is ok but we should have really gone after RJ Davis instead. Had we done that, we would have wasted a lot of time and energy recruiting RJ Davis and could have potentially missed out on Posh too in the process and we'd be stuck with our dick in our hands at this point.
Well said.

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2019, 04:55:47 PM »

Not really.

We recruited Posh about same length as UNC recruited RJ. My point is that you can make strong impressions recruiting quick.

I think securing Posh's commitment was vital but in a perfect world I would have rather put full court press on RJ Davis.

Van Macon has pipeline in LI Lightning it's where we've gotten most of our guys so I don't mind sticking to what you know and building base that way.

goredmen

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2019, 05:12:01 PM »
Not really.

We recruited Posh about same length as UNC recruited RJ. My point is that you can make strong impressions recruiting quick.

I think securing Posh's commitment was vital but in a perfect world I would have rather put full court press on RJ Davis.

Van Macon has pipeline in LI Lightning it's where we've gotten most of our guys so I don't mind sticking to what you know and building base that way.

Before Posh officially committed here you said

"Not bad but not great. Better than guys on the roster right now. I'd prefer a guy who can shoot better than Posh.

If going local was the goal I would have put full court press on RJ Davis but his commit to Pitt might be imminent."

Here's a very possible scenario of what could have happened had we put the full court press on RJ instead of Posh:

- RJ commits to UNC anyway once they get involved.
- We lose out on Posh
- We are scrambling for a PG in the spring again, eventually ending up with either a 2 star recruit or transfer from a low-major
- You criticize staff for not getting a better PG
- Posh turns into a solid 4 year college player, probably ending up at a BE school and killing us twice a year.
- You criticize the staff for letting Posh slip away.

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2019, 08:47:52 PM »
Before Posh officially committed here you said

"Not bad but not great. Better than guys on the roster right now. I'd prefer a guy who can shoot better than Posh.

If going local was the goal I would have put full court press on RJ Davis but his commit to Pitt might be imminent."

Here's a very possible scenario of what could have happened had we put the full court press on RJ instead of Posh:

- RJ commits to UNC anyway once they get involved.
- We lose out on Posh
- We are scrambling for a PG in the spring again, eventually ending up with either a 2 star recruit or transfer from a low-major
- You criticize staff for not getting a better PG
- Posh turns into a solid 4 year college player, probably ending up at a BE school and killing us twice a year.
- You criticize the staff for letting Posh slip away.

Everything you said is plausible.

I think we grabbed low hanging fruit and didn't shake the tree. Having some fruit in this case is better than no fruit.

I still would have reached out to Davis and offered. I would have also liked to see Karim Mane who I think is have big upside. Also would have hit Jamal Mashburn Jr who recently just committed to Minnesota.

Posh is a good piece but we should hope he isn't the crown jewel of 2020.

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2020, 07:29:56 PM »
Posh killing it on the circuit,,,,kid is playing like a 4/5 star as he was rated prior to his injury....

TONYD3

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2020, 07:55:43 PM »
Posh killing it on the circuit,,,,kid is playing like a 4/5 star as he was rated prior to his injury....
His teammate is putting up numbers also

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2020, 08:31:10 PM »
His teammate is putting up numbers also

Without he doubt....he is built like a truck as well....Coach definitely bringing in his type players....

SJUFAN

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2020, 03:05:15 AM »
Pablo alexander @palex185_pablo
Posh alexander drops 60 points tonight

Wods317

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2020, 07:13:57 AM »
He seems like a great get. I think we got a little lucky in him getting injured and sliding down in the rankings. I will be interested to see if he shoots back up based on his high level of play this season. He’s already got a big East body and seems like he can score from different levels.

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2020, 06:46:33 PM »
He is just a verbal...is there any concern he ends up somewhere else?

TONYD3

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2020, 08:36:58 PM »
Posh will be at the game Monday

Re: Posh Alexander- PG - Our Savior Lutheran- ST. JOHN’S (Signed)
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2020, 10:23:58 PM »
Posh signed his letter of intent as per the NY Post on nov 19th along with Wusu.

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2020, 06:55:59 PM »
He seems like a great get. I think we got a little lucky in him getting injured and sliding down in the rankings. I will be interested to see if he shoots back up based on his high level of play this season. He’s already got a big East body and seems like he can score from different levels.

I agree....I think that we did a good job getting him locked in early....if he was still available now you would def see a number of big time schools sweeping in....the injury last year hurt his stock and fortunately we made the right move in showing him he was a number 1 priority....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:56:48 PM by Johnnies93!! »

Marillac

Re: Posh Alexander- PG - Our Savior Lutheran- ST. JOHN’S (Signed)
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »
Just did my deep dive on OSL for the first time. Posh looks like a tournament caliber PG to me.

His defense was a little disappointing. He’ll go chest to chest but is too easily beaten off the dribble. Wusu seems to bail him out a lot. Posh reminds me of a more athletic Levance Fields with a slightly sloppier handle. Levance is my prototypical PG.

McGriff has a better handle without a doubt, but Posh is more dynamic and probably has better vision.

I like the soph SF Sadiku better than Joaquin Sanders. If that kid develops his skills Jesus Christ....