Cam Mack - PG - Salt Lake City CC

• 157 replies
Re: Cam Mack - PG - Salt Lake City CC - ST. JOHN'S (signed)
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2019, 10:08:34 PM »
Sju can limit the release since he signed.  Should not allow a transfer to Nebraska

Re: Cam Mack - PG - Salt Lake City CC - ST. JOHN'S (signed)
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2019, 10:17:50 PM »
Sju can limit the release since he signed.  Should not allow a transfer to Nebraska

Why? What would we gain by doing that besides being spiteful to a kid looking to get an education and further his basketball career.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Cam Mack - PG - Salt Lake City CC
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2019, 11:29:23 PM »
As I stated, truth is I didn't think about it.  But will say two things on this, Dave.  One, Hoiberg left not too long after Matt.  Maybe Williams knew this, and maybe Hoiberg had no issue with Matt looking to take the kid with him.  If Mullin leaves, no problem with Mack landing in Nebraska.  But if Mullin doesn't, I'll believe that Matt was in this kids ear for weeks while working for SJU, and that is just wrong.  Now that he's at Nebraska Matt is free to do whatever he wants.  But don't give me the "I love" or "I bleed" SJU if while working for our university he was actively recruiting a commit to another program.  I've changed jobs before, and I'm as cutthroat about my job as anyone else, and there are lines you don't cross and things you don't do because they are just wrong.  And if this is how it plays out I hope everyone views our former assistant from the same perspective.

Feel the same way when he Darien Williams decommitted from Iowa St and came to St. John's?

Also I really do think Cam is opening up his recruitment. Had a monster year and think there were a lot of whispers in his ear.

« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2019, 11:44:13 AM »
Not punitive in the least bit.  He was being highly compensated by sju and working for Nebraska. 

SJUFAN

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2019, 12:10:48 PM »
Not punitive in the least bit.  He was being highly compensated by sju and working for Nebraska. 

Matt was being compensated by SJU, not Mack. You want to hold it against Mack for Matt’s actions.

« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2019, 12:54:48 PM »
Mack signed a contract (letter of intent).  He has a obligation to honor it unless sju let’s him out. There are consequences to every action.  Feel free to deem them punitive.  I don’t. 

SJUFAN

« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2019, 03:34:41 PM »
Mack signed a contract (letter of intent).  He has a obligation to honor it unless sju let’s him out. There are consequences to every action.  Feel free to deem them punitive.  I don’t. 

He has the right to ask out of the contract. If SJU chooses not to then he has an obligation to honor it. But why not let him out? There is a human element here and you don’t want or need a disgruntled player.

Poison

« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2019, 03:37:49 PM »
He has the right to ask out of the contract. If SJU chooses not to then he has an obligation to honor it. But why not let him out? There is a human element here and you don’t want or need a disgruntled player.

Mack didn’t just screw the staff, he screwed his future teammates. I don’t think a kid should be let out of the contract if it hurts the program.

Does that hurt the kid? TFB. Don’t sign the LOI if you’re not prepared to be man enough to honor it.

SJUFAN

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2019, 07:33:06 PM »
Mack didn’t just screw the staff, he screwed his future teammates. I don’t think a kid should be let out of the contract if it hurts the program.

Does that hurt the kid? TFB. Don’t sign the LOI if you’re not prepared to be man enough to honor it.

How often do universities push kids out? Funny we don’t hear they should honor the contract.

Poison

« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2019, 09:24:23 PM »
How often do universities push kids out? Funny we don’t hear they should honor the contract.

I think this school has honored contracts in cases where others may have not.

Rob Thomas comes to mind.

I don’t think it’s unfair for them to not let anyone out of their LOI at this stage in the game.

You got a spot that others wanted. A spot that others could have filled. Now, a dozen players are screwed because there’s no point guard.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2019, 09:31:20 PM »
I think this school has honored contracts in cases where others may have not.

Rob Thomas comes to mind.

I don’t think it’s unfair for them to not let anyone out of their LOI at this stage in the game.

You got a spot that others wanted. A spot that others could have filled. Now, a dozen players are screwed because there’s no point guard.

Rob Thomas is an excellent example. Also, there is a difference in letting a player know that it may not make the most sense for them to stick around because their playing time or role may be reduced, and provide them with the option of leaving for greener pastures. That is very different from revoking a scholarship (i.e. the proverbial contract).

Marillac

« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »

If we want to hurt Nebraska we should make them take him.

I don’t think even Matt wants him after realizing the package deal he is part of.

« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2019, 11:10:01 PM »
I don't want and we don't need another 3 star occupying a scholarship. Good riddance.

« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2019, 10:14:34 PM »
Being rumored that Mack will set up a visit to Arkansas.

Marillac

« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »
Mack has committed to Nebraska. I love it!!!

They deserve each other. Oh man, I can’t wait to read his mommy’s posts about haters, her media tour, see what he does to that locker room, and then warch him destroy their continuity. Matt just brought a poltergeist into that program. 😂

Dan

« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2019, 07:49:48 PM »
likelihood of him even getting through a season in Nebraska?

pmg911

« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »
can we just delete the Cam Mack thread..

does anyone honestly care what he does anymore..?

« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2019, 10:35:46 AM »
can we just delete the Cam Mack thread..

does anyone honestly care what he does anymore..?

Please- who cares about a 3 star who left the city lights for the cornfields. Never wanted him here anyway. We can do better.

« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2020, 12:41:02 PM »
He is leaving Nebraska....good thing we didn’t end up with him

« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2020, 03:39:21 PM »
Ahahahhahahhahahhahaahahhahahhahahhahahahha