EMBARRASSING

• 32 replies
Re: EMBARRASSING
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 12:05:39 PM »
So, on the one hand, we have plenty of talented players already on the team (all the guys you named, recruited by Matt and Chris) but, on the other, no parent or advisor is going to allow their kid to commit to a program with Matt as the primary recruiter.  Interesting.

... Mullin & his staff are a joke on the recruiting trail... when ur best recruiter is a 5 foot bald midget no wonder we can’t sign ANYBODY... plus, Mitch Richmond is a #$%^in joke.

Welcome. We can never have enough stupids.
What don’t u get genius?... ALL these players u mentioned are transfers/jucos... but a college team, especially SJU needs to sign local HIGH SCHOOL impact players... and they sure as hell aren’t doing that right now... Do u need me to draw u a diagram genius?

Why do we need to sign high school players? We have 2 guys already in tow for next year. THe transfer market will again be huge at the end of the season. There will always be HS decommits and late bloomers as well. You may feel it’s 100% Ponds Heron and Simon are gone after the year but a hs kid who’s choosing a school based on many factors, but surely potential playing time among the most important, may not be so sure.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

mkras99

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 12:10:55 PM »
This has to be scotch/oldred, right?

Foad

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 02:16:13 PM »
This has to be scotch/oldred

I dunno, he could have a retarded brother.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 02:16:46 PM by Foad »

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 03:00:31 PM »
Why do they HAVE to get local high school recruits. Greg Williams is a four star guard who got some praise from Mr. Draft Express himself Jonathan Givony when he was at practice. Marcellus Earlington and Josh Roberts are big men with big potential. What is the problem?

Pete88

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »

based on the evidence, yup no question about it. 

redslope

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2018, 09:11:24 PM »

NO--just someone of their meds.

pmg911

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 10:47:30 AM »

Old Red is BACK..   I LOVE IT..!!

The "Bozos" comments gave him away...

**Just when I thought the board was getting a little boring....

pmg911

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 11:15:46 AM »
This has to be scotch/oldred

I dunno, he could have a retarded brother.

or his cousin that was the head security guard at Carnesecca Arena

Poison

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 10:51:11 PM »
So, on the one hand, we have plenty of talented players already on the team (all the guys you named, recruited by Matt and Chris) but, on the other, no parent or advisor is going to allow their kid to commit to a program with Matt as the primary recruiter.  Interesting.

... Mullin & his staff are a joke on the recruiting trail... when ur best recruiter is a 5 foot bald midget no wonder we can’t sign ANYBODY... plus, Mitch Richmond is a #$%^in joke.

Welcome. We can never have enough stupids.
What don’t u get genius?... ALL these players u mentioned are transfers/jucos... but a college team, especially SJU needs to sign local HIGH SCHOOL impact players... and they sure as hell aren’t doing that right now... Do u need me to draw u a diagram genius?

Why do we need to sign high school players? We have 2 guys already in tow for next year. THe transfer market will again be huge at the end of the season. There will always be HS decommits and late bloomers as well. You may feel it’s 100% Ponds Heron and Simon are gone after the year but a hs kid who’s choosing a school based on many factors, but surely potential playing time among the most important, may not be so sure.

I don't have a problem with transfers provided it works. So far, it's worked terribly. One reason to sign high school players is for continuity. We may have a team made up of upperclassmen, but it's a new team because the staff hasn't developed high school talent outside of Shamorie Ponds.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:51:45 PM by Poison »

Dan

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 10:25:42 AM »

That's exactly what I was thinking...I remember his takeover of the old scout board lol

pmg911

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking...I remember his takeover of the old scout board lol

Love that you remember that...LOL

He had 6 different screens names all with the identical IP address...   he was literally having full conversations with himself....

TONYD3

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 09:25:00 AM »

Love that you remember that...LOL

He had 6 different screens names all with the identical IP address...   he was literally having full conversations with himself....
This is not old red . Could be Linda mirabella. Old red would have This St. John’s team beating the golden state warriors

sju89tr

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 04:06:32 PM »
I have not thought about Scotch/Old Red in a long time. Brings back crazy memories, especially on the old Big East Boards.