Past Opponents' Performance

• 71 replies

Foad

Re: Past Opponents' Performance
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 05:05:18 PM »
When trying to convince yourself that the schedule wasn't weak earlier this year, you pointed to the fact that we played a Pac 12 team and that in and of itself makes it a good game to schedule. When the fact is beating Cal means about the same as beating Fordham. Zero.

Why do you keep bringing up Temple? We never played them.

VCU is better than anticipated. Georgia Tech is slightly better, but they will still be lucky to be .500 in the ACC. Bowling Green is still a middle of the pack MAC team where maybe they can finish 3rd in the MAC if they continue to play well. They can also finish 8th.

You're tracking VCU, Georgia Tech, Bowling Green and Rutgers. That's pathetic. Take a step out of the SJU bubble and take an overview of that and then compare it to other power conference teams with NCAA aspirations and who they would be tracking if they have a similar thread on their forum. It definitely wouldn't include a team from the MAC not named Buffalo as their 4th best game.

You two should just bang and get it over with, this is more frustrating than Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd on Moonlighting.

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 11:24:36 PM »
You're tracking VCU, Georgia Tech, Bowling Green and Rutgers. That's pathetic. Take a step out of the SJU bubble and take an overview of that and then compare it to other power conference teams with NCAA aspirations and who they would be tracking if they have a similar thread on their forum. It definitely wouldn't include a team from the MAC not named Buffalo as their 4th best game.

Fine tonight I'm tracking top 100 Dayton. They won six in a row heading into the night. They lost to...VCU bitch!!!!

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 11:25:44 PM »
You two should just bang and get it over with, this is more frustrating than Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd on Moonlighting.

This may be more of you projecting. Erection projection?

goredmen

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 11:45:16 PM »
Fine tonight I'm tracking top 100 Dayton. They won six in a row heading into the night. They lost to...VCU bitch!!!!

Good. I’m glad. Disappointed that Georgia Tech got their dicks kicked in tonight but oh well.

Our schedule was weak. It’s a fact supported by any and all data and metrics you can find. It’s sad you refuse to accept this.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 12:23:54 PM »
Good. I’m glad. Disappointed that Georgia Tech got their dicks kicked in tonight but oh well.

Our schedule was weak. It’s a fact supported by any and all data and metrics you can find. It’s sad you refuse to accept this.

We could end up having played 3 tournament teams in our OOC schedule. That’s not too bad.

cjfish

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 12:32:40 PM »

How long are you guys going to beat this to death.  Yes schedule was weak but everyone plays cupcakes early.  Our tougher games turned out to be not so tough but you don't know that when you schedule a year or two in advance.  If team takes care of business, as I think they will, it is a nonissue.  The whole argument really comes down to a 1 game difference in wins come evaluation time.  FINIS

goredmen

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 12:33:44 PM »
We could end up having played 3 tournament teams in our OOC schedule. That’s not too bad.

I count 2 at large caliber teams at the absolute most. Who is the 3rd? Please don’t give me an NEC team that is gonna end up as a 16 play-in game and count that towards schedule strength.

That’s weak.

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »
I count 2 at large caliber teams at the absolute most. Who is the 3rd? Please don’t give me an NEC team that is gonna end up as a 16 play-in game and count that towards schedule strength.

That’s weak.

Fair chance that 2 of VCU Princeton and Bowling Green make it, and Duke.

goredmen

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 01:16:41 PM »
Fair chance that 2 of VCU Princeton and Bowling Green make it, and Duke.

As of right now VCU is a bubble team if they don’t get the auto bid. There’s still 2 months left so they can play themselves safely in or get to a point where they have to win the A10 tourney to get in.

Harvard and Yale are the class of the Ivy. Princeton will probably make the 4 team playoff in the Ivy but would be tough to get through those 2 teams for them.

Bowling Green has to win the MAC tournament. Buffalo is in the MAC.

I wouldn’t call it a fair chance that 2 of those 3 get in. I think it’s far more likely that 0 of them get in than 2

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 01:57:47 PM »
As of right now VCU is a bubble team if they don’t get the auto bid. There’s still 2 months left so they can play themselves safely in or get to a point where they have to win the A10 tourney to get in.

Harvard and Yale are the class of the Ivy. Princeton will probably make the 4 team playoff in the Ivy but would be tough to get through those 2 teams for them.

Bowling Green has to win the MAC tournament. Buffalo is in the MAC.

I wouldn’t call it a fair chance that 2 of those 3 get in. I think it’s far more likely that 0 of them get in than 2

I’ll be honest, I haven’t watched a single Ivy League game besides johnnies-Princeton, but Harvard is 6-7 and lost to Dartmouth by almost 20 on Saturday.

Marillac

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2019, 09:07:39 PM »
Bowling Green won by 31 today over Western Michigan who just played Buffalo close.

9 wins in a row for BG.

goredmen

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2019, 09:14:24 PM »
Bowling Green won by 31 today over Western Michigan who just played Buffalo close.

9 wins in a row for BG.

You should have named this thread "Past Opponents' Wins" if that's all you're gonna post. How did Georgia Tech do today? Rutgers yesterday? Cal Thursday and today?

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2019, 09:25:53 PM »
You should have named this thread "Past Opponents' Wins" if that's all you're gonna post. How did Georgia Tech do today? Rutgers yesterday? Cal Thursday and today?

VCU beat Umass by 18 today.

goredmen

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »
VCU beat Umass by 18 today.

That would have moved our OOC strength of schedule from 337th to 335th if not for Georgia Tech's 30 point home loss to Louisville. Shucks

Marillac

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2019, 09:49:41 PM »
That would have moved our OOC strength of schedule from 337th to 335th if not for Georgia Tech's 30 point home loss to Louisville. Shucks

I'd like to concentrate all my negative energy on Fordham96, so it'd be great if you stopped trying to be a villain.

goredmen

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »
I'd like to concentrate all my negative energy on Fordham96, so it'd be great if you stopped trying to be a villain.

Posting facts is being the villain now, eh?

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2019, 09:52:19 PM »

9 wins in a row for BG.
If we don't take care of our own business SOS won't matter.

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »
If we don't take care of our own business SOS won't matter.

If BG keeps this up, Ga Tech finishes close to .500 in ACC and VCU is a tournament team all should be good.

I think we beat Duke if Jones is out, but who am I? Zion could go for 35 and 20.

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2019, 08:25:32 PM »
Bowling Green up 18 on the road in the second half. About to win tenth in a row.

Ga Tech with a narrow lead at home over Notre Dame.

Rutgers beat Nebraska at home yesterday.

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2019, 08:57:35 PM »
Bowling Green up 18 on the road in the second half. About to win tenth in a row.

Ga Tech with a narrow lead at home over Notre Dame.

Rutgers beat Nebraska at home yesterday.
Got to give you credit Marillac on your touting of BG after we played them. If I recall they were picked something like 6th in their conference and if they have won 10 in a row they are obviously much better than that. Don't get to cocky though cause I still think some of your opinions are wack (but not all of them).  ;)