New Coach

• 840 replies

Johnny23

Re: New Coach
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »
Simon should just head overseas now. That's his best shot at making a living playing ball.

Marillac

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2019, 06:40:49 PM »
Justin Simon +1 year will have very little chance and will has 1 less year to make money in Europe. I understand him wanting to leave after award winning season.

Justin’s future is in the booth.

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2019, 08:19:57 PM »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:20:31 PM by buckeyestorm »

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2019, 08:38:43 PM »
"There?"

Jesus

who is charlie and how did he get this scoop? not a buyer, and would love to be proved wrong.

sju89tr

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2019, 08:50:33 PM »
who is charlie and how did he get this scoop? not a buyer, and would love to be proved wrong.

I am more likely to believe Charlie Chaplin 

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2019, 08:52:54 PM »
The sjubb hashtag on twitter is just a bunch of losers pretending like they have any sources and "breaking" news that is often wrong. Within the last couple of weeks similar accounts broke news in a similar manner about Shamorie informing staff he was staying and that Mullin was getting an extension. Charlie Curtin could be the real deal or he could be a pretender.  Can't read too much into it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:57:57 PM by colelatshaw2010 »

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2019, 08:58:08 PM »

Poison

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2019, 08:59:16 PM »
The sjubb hashtag on twitter is just a bunch of losers pretending like they have any sources and "breaking" news that is often wrong. Within the last couple of weeks similar accounts broke news in a similar manner about Shamorie informing staff he was staying and that Mullin was getting an extension. Charlie Curtin could be the real deal or he could be a pretender.  Can't read too much into it.

Except it was some random basketball Twitter account that predicted this last week.

If anyone has lost credibility it’s Cragg who just last week said “Mullin is our coach”.

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2019, 09:03:55 PM »
Except it was some random basketball Twitter account that predicted this last week.

If anyone has lost credibility it’s Cragg who just last week said “Mullin is our coach”.

Cragg only said that to let the public believe the administration backed Mullin and make it appear it was his decision to leave.

goredmen

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
These random dudes on Twitter who claim to have sources are all idiots spouting nonsense. Claiming to have sources is the new hot thing on Twitter. It's easy to do if you just make educated guesses based on common sense and spin it that it's a "Done Deal". People fall for it all day every day

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »

Are you referring to the coachingchanges twitter account that predicted Mullin stepping down?  That's not a random twitter account. That's an account with over 10k followers that's supposedly run by industry insiders and assistant coaches.

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2019, 09:14:54 PM »
I’m really hoping for Pitino. If he isn’t already in the area he should be soon. He will be heading down to Florida in two weeks for a family affair.

SJUFAN

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2019, 09:49:06 PM »
If Cragg was targeting Hurley and now Pitino throws his name out there don’t think he was prepared for that. At the very least he would need to kick the tires. The longer this plays out the more consideration Pitino is receiving, imo.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:52:35 AM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2019, 09:49:09 PM »
Cragg only said that to let the public believe the administration backed Mullin and make it appear it was his decision to leave.
So he lied?

« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2019, 10:22:17 PM »
So he lied?
No he allowed Mullin to save face and resign. Happens all the time. You've never seen this scenario play out this way? Have seen it a million times including happening to me once. Doubt you are that naive.

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2019, 10:33:18 PM »
Why do you think Hurley can't coach?  I think he can.  And I'm not basing it on bloodlines.  He's rebuilt two programs quickly, neither of which had any history of success.  Buffalo's ascension the past 2 years is directly related to what Hurley did and he got Arizona St. into the dance in year 3 and 4.  I haven't studied his early ASU teams, but based on that I think he's shown he can coach and recruit.

Pitino's "stable of players" are here already.  We'd be elite eight at worse with this team.  Then the complainers will say he did it with Mullin's players. Where are the superstars on Texas Tech (Owens??) or Virginia?

Pitino can coach.  Hurley??  Not so much.

Marillac

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2019, 10:34:46 PM »
So he lied?

Read his statement closer. It’s all true and offered in the present tense.

« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2019, 10:53:12 PM »
Pitino is a non starter for me. In my opinion dirty programs are blessed and run by the head coach. He just kept himself out of the paper trail etc for plausible deniability. If Rick had such a love for the school and city why are we only hearing from him now.  Because now no one else will hire him. Besides what responsible Parent would send their kid to him now.   

BRING BOBBY HOME!!!!!!!

Hurley is a gift from the Gods if we can get him meanwhile more than half the people here want Pitino. Probably the same bunch that thought Lavin was a smart hire and good coach.

« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2019, 11:00:22 PM »
Mullins getting paid out though just like Slice did.  More money down the drain from the basketball program and less to

BRING BOBBY HOME!!!!!

People don’t realize that others schools are going to start looking at and offering Hurley now. $2.5 mil isn’t a lot of money for these big state schools sports slush funds.  They have to get him signed immediately.  Friday at the absolute latest or we’ll never see him again at this price.