Vince Cole- 6'5 SG- USC Salk - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)

• 85 replies

QuanMan

Vince Cole- 6'5 SG- USC Salk - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:31:41 PM »
JucoRecruiting.com
@JucoRecruiting
Vince Cole (6’5, SG, 2020) of USC Salk has been offered by St Johns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP8vN0wYTko
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:52:32 AM by jumpinjohnny »
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

Re: Vince Cole- 6'5 SG- USC Salk
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:56:54 AM »
JUCO 2nd Team AA as a freshman last year:

Justin Byerly
@JustinByerly
·
Vincent Cole on his offer from St. John’s, “Really blessed very thankful ! Coach Anderson and Coach Cleveland was recruiting me during their time at Arkansas so we already have a relationship.”

Justin Byerly
@JustinByerly
·
Great to see these offers coming in for
@Vincent_Cole1
 Kid is one of the toughest, built to score players I have covered. Dog mentality that will cut your throat out.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 06:54:01 PM »
6’5 Guard Vince Cole, top 5 JUCO in the Country can change the whole complexion of a team, and he is on a visit this weekend and heard he could commit, would be the biggest get so far, bigger than Posh for sure, them together is already a top 35 class, and if you get Tabor, another JUCO and a big, 2020 will be a blowup year.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »
JucoRecruiting.com
@JucoRecruiting
Vince Cole (6’5, SG, 2020) of USC Salk has been offered by St Johns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP8vN0wYTko

Shooting form is interesting...

Some of his moves are polished as hell though. Cross, post, step back..

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 07:00:39 PM »
The fact that our fans are going so crazy for this kid is proof of how badly our recruiting has fallen off.

If this kid does commit now there is no reason for him to burn another year of eligibility by playing JUCO ball in a poor conference.  Practice and keep three years.

SJUFAN

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 08:12:17 PM »
The fact that our fans are going so crazy for this kid is proof of how badly our recruiting has fallen off.

Are you saying he’s not a starting caliber type player? Based on your statement you make him out to be a low level player.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 08:18:12 PM by SJUFAN »

Wods317

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 09:11:12 AM »
Are you saying he’s not a starting caliber type player? Based on your statement you make him out to be a low level player.
Our best player or arguably second best is a Juco All American. By all accounts this guy seems like a strong addition.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 09:55:48 AM »

If this kid does commit now there is no reason for him to burn another year of eligibility by playing JUCO ball in a poor conference.  Practice and keep three years.
I completely agreee...that you’re absolutely insane, but yes keep talking trash, this is LJ 2.0 with a better shot.

wpc77

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 08:28:43 PM »
Zach with the official word:

St Johns has landed JUCO All-American Vince Cole, his coach says. #sjubb

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 09:06:48 PM »
Great news. Welcome aboard. 2 important pieces of our class complete.

Marillac please try to keep your excitement in check.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Johnny23

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 09:09:50 PM »
Nice pickup. This kid can really fill it up from the perimeter. We haven't had a reliable deep threat in ages. Also good size and fairly athletic.

redslope

Re: Vince Cole- 6'5 SG- USC Salk - ST. JOHN'S (Verbal Commit)
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 11:10:39 PM »
I completely agreee...that you’re absolutely insane, but yes keep talking trash, this is LJ 2.0 with a better shot.

Encouraging Vince to leave his school and to sit out this year would close JUCO doors to SJU--that is not a way to encourage future JUCO recruitment

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 11:52:57 PM »
Encouraging Vince to leave his school and to sit out this year would close JUCO doors to SJU--that is not a way to encourage future JUCO recruitment

He plays at a no-name program so who cares? Very few JUCOs commit this early so it’s a non-issue. Also, he doesn’t have to leave the school. He can practice with the team until he graduates. Why burn a second year?

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 11:57:20 PM »

How do you gather that from my post? There is quite a bit of room between low level player and someone worthy of hype. Who the hell knows who will be worthy of starting here anymore?

It appears like we are just going to run out a hundred 2 and 3 * players and won’t be in the hunt for top 50-75 talent anymore. This reliance on jucos is troubling. I’m all for kids like LJ who teansferres there for a year from good programs, but we cannot survive on 2+ jucos a year.

goredmen

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 12:33:20 AM »
How do you gather that from my post? There is quite a bit of room between low level player and someone worthy of hype. Who the hell knows who will be worthy of starting here anymore?

It appears like we are just going to run out a hundred 2 and 3 * players and won’t be in the hunt for top 50-75 talent anymore. This reliance on jucos is troubling. I’m all for kids like LJ who teansferres there for a year from good programs, but we cannot survive on 2+ jucos a year.

Staff signs one Juco kid (A 1st team Juco All-American mind you) and already "the reliance on jucos is troubling". Can't make this stuff up.

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 12:48:41 AM »
Welcome aboard!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

SJUFAN

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 03:48:14 AM »

So you believe he’s a low level player not worthy of any hype? Ho are we being reliant on JUCOS? When was the last time we had two solid players committed so early? Staff is doing a tremendous job.

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 08:29:20 AM »
Welcome Vince Cole!

Poison

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2019, 10:55:32 AM »

This recruit is just one person, and he was a 1st team Juco AA last season. He’s not a 3 star recruit.

How is Cole not a great addition to our program?

You wanna pick on Nick Rutherford, I see your point. But this kid killed it last year.

BTW, see how I questioned your post without calling you stupid?