Isaih Moore - Pearl River CC- 6’10 PF - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)

• 131 replies
Isaih Moore - Pearl River CC- 6’10 PF - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)
« on: September 25, 2019, 10:32:25 PM »
Visiting Friday per Zach....Friends with Cole
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:53:30 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Marillac

Re: Isaih Moore - Pearl River CC- 6’10 PF
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 10:50:27 PM »
Great...we’re Utah State now.

QuanMan

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 12:04:33 AM »
I like the 2 JUCO/2 Top 100 locals 2020 approach.

The 2020 class is dwindling fast at the elite level, we don't have the profile to land the hottest prospects right now. Early prime targets (Key, Brakefield, Thompson) are off the board. Local elites who we're involved with (Tabor, Richmond, Diarra, Omoryuri, Curbelo) are up in the air. 

I'll take ready made older kids like Guess and Moore rather than Wusu, Josh Gray or Edmonsun.

GWill/Roberts/Cole/Posh/Steere/Champagnie/McG/Sears isn't a bad core already for 2020-21.

If we land Moore, I bet attention then shifts fully into landing a Top100 HS local HS senior such as Tabor, Richmond or Curbelo to round out the class. Maybe land another diamond in the rough if/when a transfer occurs.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:24:45 AM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

Foad

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 08:48:17 AM »
Obviously I've never heard of Isaih Moore before three minutes ago. Evidently he's a 6'10" 180 pound 2-star recruit who in limited minutes at College of Charleston shot 40 percent from the floor, 60 percent from the free throw line and averaged nearly a third of a rebound a game. As such he sounds exactly like the sort of recruit Coach Iron Mike and his cadre of tireless assistants are going to be able to coach up to challenge Jay Wright for dominance in the BE and I hope he commits this weekend and maybe has a sandwich or something because he seems a tad skinny. But then so did Kevin Durant and things turned out all right for him.

The reason for my post though is to note that when Isaih was at C of C it seems he lit up a team called PC for 13 points in 19 minutes and I was like whoa, he lit up PC as in Providence College coached by Ed Cooley's diseased head, that PC?  Well no. It turns out that the PC that he lit up is Presbyterian College in South Carolina, a first year division one program, and their nickname is the BLUE HOSE and their college slogan is BE A BLUE HOSE and their alumni weekend slogan is COME HOME BLUE HOSE which weekend they advertise this way on their official college website:

Having considered these hose carefully I think I'd marry the one on the left because she looks like she can cook, kill the two hose in the middle because they have terrifying smiles and bang the one on the right because she looks enough like Jamie Lee Curtis so that if I squinted I could pretend I was railing Laurie Strode, especially if I was wearing a hockey mask.

Reportage like that, dummies, is why I'm a national treasure.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 09:09:49 AM »
Hilarious

QuanMan

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 10:46:45 PM »
Section 3
Section 116

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 08:15:11 AM »
Trying to be optimistic with new Coach and his process but there is zero chance this kid can play at Big East level...

Hard pass...

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 08:33:28 AM »
At first glance definitely doesn’t excite me but I’m inclined to trust the staff. Keep in mind we aren’t exactly accustomed to having an 11th, 12th, or 13th man on our active roster.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 09:15:13 AM »
Report yesterday states: "Allegedly, LSU, Arkansas and Southern Miss have offered and he has spoken to coaches from Alabama and Memphis."

6’10” soph at Pearl River Community College in Mississippi. .... hometown Columbia South Carolina .... played last season at the College of Charleston ........

Moore was a highly sought after recruit out of Sumter (S.C.) High, choosing the Eagles over interest from South Carolina, Georgia, Clemson, Marquette and others. He was ranked the No. 7 prospect out of South Carolina his senior year and considered the No. 87 power forward in the country by 247Sports. He led Sumpter — coached by his father, Shawn Jones — to the Region 5 Championship as a junior and senior.

As a senior, “Moore averaged 25.5 points, 13.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 3.7 blocks and 2/1 steals. He also played in the North Carolina-South Carolina All-Star Game and boasted a 3.1 grade-point average. Moore appeared in 11 games as a freshman last year, scoring 31 points with three blocks, four steals, two assists and 23 rebounds”
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 05:52:25 PM »
I love those two start recruits that get offers from Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, and Miss St. I love ole Foad, dude wrote a whole story before ever doing #detes...hilarious.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 07:19:55 PM »
Report yesterday states: "Allegedly, LSU, Arkansas and Southern Miss have offered and he has spoken to coaches from Alabama and Memphis."

The only citation from google of this alleged quotation is from you

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Allegedly,+LSU,+Arkansas+and+Southern+Miss+have+offered+and+he+has+spoken+to+coaches+from+Alabama+and+Memphis.%22&ie=&oe=

Could you please cite you source? TIA.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 07:21:48 PM »
I love ole Foad, dude wrote a whole story before ever doing #detes...hilarious.

Everybody loves me Jethro, as I noted I'm a national treasure. You'll come around eventually, everyone does.

Dan

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 07:54:29 PM »
Seems like a depth/project guy. I know we aren't used to having an entire 11 man roster so this comes as a surprise.

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 10:48:05 PM »
Another outcast of CofC (Cole was too). I'm guessing Coach DeMeo is lead here because he was basically a "Last Chance U" coach at Juco level.

He hit a 12" growth spurt in high school and was a late bloomer. I'm sure some coaches are hoping he turns into Anthony Davis but seems unlikely. I'm more inclined to take risks on bigs like this than guards but again seems like we're swinging low here.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2019, 11:55:17 PM »
Seems like a depth/project guy. I know we aren't used to having an entire 11 man roster so this comes as a surprise.

Too much depth doesn't really happen in college anymore. Kid already was quoted as saying that Anderson told him he would be getting major minutes right away.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 11:09:51 AM »
Another outcast of CofC (Cole was too). I'm guessing Coach DeMeo is lead here because he was basically a "Last Chance U" coach at Juco level.

He hit a 12" growth spurt in high school and was a late bloomer. I'm sure some coaches are hoping he turns into Anthony Davis but seems unlikely. I'm more inclined to take risks on bigs like this than guards but again seems like we're swinging low here.

How many JUCO guards haven’t been legit ballers for St.John’s?

Avery Patterson was terrible, but outside of him, we’ve had more success with JUCOS than other target.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 01:57:38 PM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 11:13:42 AM »

This guy reminds me of Albert Richardson. Has his speed and footwork.

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 01:09:16 PM »
How many JUCO guards haven’t been legit ballers for St.John’s?

Avery Patterson was terrible, but outside of him, we’ve had more success with JUCOS than than other target.

I don't think Avery Patterson was terrible. Our team was pretty bad and he shouldn't have played 30mpg and shoot a dozen 3's a game. He would have been much better off the bench
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 01:48:07 PM »
It’s embarrassing that we have this kid on campus.

At this point Lavin was locking down Harkless, Harrison, Pointer, etc. and Anderson is getting backups from COC and Monmouth.