Isaih Moore - Pearl River CC- 6’10 PF - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)

• 131 replies

Johnny23

Re: Isaih Moore - Pearl River CC- 6’10 PF - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2020, 07:39:21 AM »
Obviously you always have to take into account the competition level but this kid's going to fit in nicely. Love the athleticism, length and ability to run the floor. The outside shooting is gravy but I want him around the rim cleaning up on both ends for the most part. He's thin and wiry but plays with some explosion which makes up for the lack of girth. Looks like he'll contribute next year.

Marillac

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2020, 02:32:26 PM »
As I posted earlier in this thread, he would be a horrible recruit for literally any other Big East program but should work with what Anderson wants to do.  From what I can gather Anderson wants to sneak as many points in from his bigs before opposing bigs get back and/or set.  That seems to be the most vulnerable part of the opposition in a fast paced game.  Moore seems like he can do just fine with dunks and layups in those spots and is fast enough to get there a step or two ahead of most guys his height.

In the half court I don't see him being very good, though, unless he is just an absurd shot-blocker or has the feet to handle three's and combo forwards on switches. His shot is low and doesn't look great, but it appears he's got a good touch and release.

« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2020, 03:54:02 PM »
As I posted earlier in this thread, he would be a horrible recruit for literally any other Big East program but should work with what Anderson wants to do.  From what I can gather Anderson wants to sneak as many points in from his bigs before opposing bigs get back and/or set.  That seems to be the most vulnerable part of the opposition in a fast paced game.  Moore seems like he can do just fine with dunks and layups in those spots and is fast enough to get there a step or two ahead of most guys his height.

In the half court I don't see him being very good, though, unless he is just an absurd shot-blocker or has the feet to handle three's and combo forwards on switches. His shot is low and doesn't look great, but it appears he's got a good touch and release.
Definitely nothing close to an absurd shot blocker from what I have seen of him.

« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2020, 08:23:21 PM »
It's the 6th ranked class in the Big East.

You guys have to temper expectations some. Give them a chance to develop, but I would be very surprised if Moore stands out in league play.

Marillac

« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »
It's the 6th ranked class in the Big East.

You guys have to temper expectations some. Give them a chance to develop, but I would be very surprised if Moore stands out in league play.

It's a good class. It should hopefully get a lot better.

I think Cole will be a 16 and 5-6 guy.  Posh could be double figures if he beats out McGriff.  I'd like to see a pair of grad transfers added. That guard from Louisville would look great.

From this point on I think Anderson starts to win Marillac over.

ras

« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2020, 11:22:35 PM »
It looks like CMA and staff are good at evaluating players. Getting underrated players and developing them can make up for not recruiting higher ranked players. Add in conditioning and playing hard w heart.
Rutherford went from a backup at Monmouth to a pretty good player by the end of the year. And although a Mullin recruit, nobody expected Earlington to be as good as he was. That’s development.

Marillac

« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2020, 01:18:31 PM »
It looks like CMA and staff are good at evaluating players. Getting underrated players and developing them can make up for not recruiting higher ranked players. Add in conditioning and playing hard w heart.
Rutherford went from a backup at Monmouth to a pretty good player by the end of the year. And although a Mullin recruit, nobody expected Earlington to be as good as he was. That’s development.

Sorry, have to push back on this. Rutherford was much better in the beginning. He played a few food games at the end but he was awful in conference play. AWFUL.

I’m willing to give credit to Anderson for knowing what he wants and evaluating talent well, but his system can utilize raw players unlike anything we’ve had here before.

That’s s good thing. He can get guys other conference schools aren’t looking at and get production out of them.

« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2020, 02:11:58 PM »
For the record, Rutherfords BE stats.

23.2 minutes
5.5 pts
3.2 asts
2.1 rebs
1.7 stls
1.3 TOs
35% fg

Busted his ass all the time. Played good defense most of the time. If he was a clear backup playing 10-15 min it could work for a good team.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2020, 02:21:44 PM »
A solid backup PG who by necessity had to play more minutes.  As the year progressed, I think Anderson figured out how to deploy him more effectively.  His defense was impactful at times, even if not reflected in counting stats.  His defensive pressure and all-around energy was a nice spark in certain games off the bench.  And I thought frankly he was playing his best the law few games of the year.

For the record, Rutherfords BE stats.

23.2 minutes
5.5 pts
3.2 asts
2.1 rebs
1.7 stls
1.3 TOs
35% fg

Busted his ass all the time. Played good defense most of the time. If he was a clear backup playing 10-15 min it could work for a good team.

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2020, 06:21:03 PM »
Sorry, have to push back on this. Rutherford was much better in the beginning. He played a few food games at the end but he was awful in conference play. AWFUL.

I’m willing to give credit to Anderson for knowing what he wants and evaluating talent well, but his system can utilize raw players unlike anything we’ve had here before.

That’s s good thing. He can get guys other conference schools aren’t looking at and get production out of them.

Do you eat a lot of microwave popcorn?  I don't care whatever the numbers may say but Rutherford against better competition played better as the season went along (given that he was in over his head talent wise at the BE level). I for one thank him for his service as he appeared to always give it everything he had.

Marillac

« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »
Do you eat a lot of microwave popcorn?  I don't care whatever the numbers may say but Rutherford against better competition played better as the season went along (given that he was in over his head talent wise at the BE level). I for one thank him for his service as he appeared to always give it everything he had.

Then you know nothing about basketball. Rutherford was an unmitigated disaster in conference play.

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2020, 10:44:04 PM »
Then you know nothing about basketball. Rutherford was an unmitigated disaster in conference play.
Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment.