Creighton 3/1

• 62 replies

cjfish

Re: Creighton 3/1
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 02:06:49 PM »
gang that couldn't shoot straight finally does...and then some.  Great game, very impressive Defense

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 02:20:02 PM »
How some “fans” can’t get behind this team is mind boggling. Play hard every game. Competitive. And just crushed the #10 team.

If our all star team last year played this hard, what could’ve been. How we didn’t have players like Dunn, Caraher and Sears as back ups, I’ll never understand.

Hopefully recruits find our style an exciting brand of basketball and jump on board.

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 02:40:10 PM »
Did not see the game. Is this Williams ' team now?

Dan

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 02:41:59 PM »
finally something good happens

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2020, 02:50:35 PM »
How some “fans” can’t get behind this team is mind boggling. Play hard every game. Competitive. And just crushed the #10 team.

If our all star team last year played this hard, what could’ve been. How we didn’t have players like Dunn, Caraher and Sears as back ups, I’ll never understand.

Hopefully recruits find our style an exciting brand of basketball and jump on board.

This team sucks and the style of play is not good for stars. The flip side of that, as I’ve written a few dozen times, is that Anderson can squeeze production out of less coveted and more raw players. That is a pretty big deal at St. John’s.

Next year will be a different story I believe. I’m high on Williams, Earlington, Champagnie, and Roberts. Dunn is the prototypical Anderson player.

The PGs and some added length and athleticism should make the difference, but coaching and winning on the road will continue to be problems.

I think Anderson is better with a guy like Williams than Heron. I’ve posted this multiple times this year. He’s not better than Heron, but he’s a better fit.

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2020, 02:52:51 PM »
Did not see the game. Is this Williams ' team now?

I doubt he ever becomes that kind of player. He’s not aggressive enough. The ball-handling, shooting,
and decision-making should improve as an upperclassman, but he’ll likely never be more than a second or third option.

Maybe if the game is opened up more he’ll have a chance to be the second leading scorer as a senior.

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2020, 02:56:06 PM »
This team sucks and the style of play is not good for stars. The flip side of that, as I’ve written a few dozen times, is that Anderson can squeeze production out of less coveted and more raw players. That is a pretty big deal at St. John’s.

Next year will be a different story I believe. I’m high on Williams, Earlington, Champagnie, and Roberts. Dunn is the prototypical Anderson player.

The PGs and some added length and athleticism should make the difference, but coaching and winning on the road will continue to be problems.

I think Anderson is better with a guy like Williams than Heron. I’ve posted this multiple times this year. He’s not better than Heron, but he’s a better fit.

You would be a better fit in a straight jacket. Just kidding buddy I know how much you appreciate my sense of humor. LOL

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
Good win, nice shooting by Greg.
Idiots on the other board are saying we're still in it for the nit. LOL

It's win, they still gotta atleast beat Marquette next Saturday, and 1 or 2 games for a chance at the nit.   People get so happy over 1 win, now we'll get blown out at Butler.

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2020, 03:03:37 PM »
Good win, nice shooting by Greg.
Idiots on the other board are saying we're still in it for the nit. LOL

It's win, they still gotta atleast beat Marquette next Saturday, and 1 or 2 games for a chance at the nit.   People get so happy over 1 win, now we'll get blown out at Butler.

So you’re saying if we win 1 of our next two then we’ll have a chance for the NIT? And you’re calling people idiots for thinking we have a chance for the NIT?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Johnny23

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2020, 03:04:16 PM »
People, it was a great win and extremely fun to watch in a season of so many close, gut wrenching losses.

No one is expecting this to carry the Johnnies anywhere this season. Just enjoy the win FWIW and stop with the agenda bs. It's so old and played out.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2020, 03:09:54 PM »
I missed the game. Williams hit seven threes? Incredible.

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2020, 03:15:11 PM »
So you’re saying if we win 1 of our next two then we’ll have a chance for the NIT? And you’re calling people idiots for thinking we have a chance for the NIT?

I meant:
they still gotta atleast beat Marquette next Saturday, and 1 or 2 games in the B.E tourny for a chance at the nit.   People get so happy over 1 win, now we'll get blown out at Butler.

So Amase, I meant to say gotta atleast win 2 or 3 more to make the nit.
Probably 3.

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2020, 03:23:14 PM »
I meant:
they still gotta atleast beat Marquette next Saturday, and 1 or 2 games in the B.E tourny for a chance at the nit.   People get so happy over 1 win, now we'll get blown out at Butler.

So Amase, I meant to say gotta atleast win 2 or 3 more to make the nit.
Probably 3.

I think if we go 1-1 to end the season and 1-1 in BET then 17-16 puts us right in the mix and it would probably depend on how many NIT auto bids end up happening.

It’s might not be likely but I don’t think it’s idiotic at all to root for it to happen. Can we beat Marquette and Gtown at the garden?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2020, 03:28:57 PM »
I think if we go 1-1 to end the season and 1-1 in BET then 17-16 puts us right in the mix and it would probably depend on how many NIT auto bids end up happening.

It’s might not be likely but I don’t think it’s idiotic at all to root for it to happen. Can we beat Marquette and Gtown at the garden?

I just get sick of hearing it, been playing bad, then after one good win people start  getting all excited. Lets see them get a winning streak together before getting excited.
Yes we could still make the nit, but not gonna talk about it because it's still very doubtful.

At the very least, I just want SJU to get 16 regular season wins just so cma still never has a losing season. First season so I'm really don't care about the post season, just get to 16 regular season wins.  That's my goal for this year.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 03:35:40 PM by mullin85berry86 »

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2020, 03:31:31 PM »
Great win so happy for the kids they never quit. Would be great to get 1 more to ensure not having a losing season to keep Coach Anderson’s streak going

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2020, 03:32:13 PM »
Hope Roberts injury isn’t that serious

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2020, 03:33:40 PM »

Obviously the team is not of our better ones, but they give it their all, what more can you ask for this year. Have recently beaten the two of the hottest teams in the big East.

And the style we are playing just wasn’t good for our stars, figgy is slow and create for himself so it doesn’t work for him. Heron seems like the injury was a bigger factor now. But other stars could succeed. How would this be a bad system for a Marcus Howard or creighton’s pg? Others can succeed in it.

Foad

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2020, 05:03:33 PM »
Great win so happy for the kids they never quit.

This is absolutely the good thing that happened today. They've played hard and finally won a game they deserved to win because they beat the other guy. The bad news is there's no other take away from it.

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2020, 06:11:21 PM »
So we for sure have the 8/9 game, I like the chances of beating Georgetown at MSG, and then you get SH probably, and we should’ve beaten them earlier in the year at MSG. If you win one of the last two RS games and win 1 or 2 in the BE tourney you get a 4 or 5 seed in the NIT and I would take that knowing almost your whole core is coming back plus 4 immediate impact players coming in be good year.

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2020, 06:43:47 PM »

Agree 100 percent...those who are not with us are against us....my feelings are that the 3/4 posters who are totally negative are not Johnnie fans anyway...so let them stay together....