Season Ticket Holder Open Practice

• 4 replies

Poison

Season Ticket Holder Open Practice
« on: August 05, 2022, 10:53:44 AM »
The team practiced in front of season tickets holders at Carnesecca Arena last night.

Coach talked about returning 8 guys and bringing in new talent. It’s hard to gage much from a summer practice, but overall, we look like we’re in shape.

The team goes to the DR on Aug 12th. They look ready for it.

Some notes…

Soriano is in much better shape. He’s slimmer, and noticeably stronger, too.

Posh is also slimmer.

Wusu is slimmer and he looks even stronger.

Freshman Keita and King are projects. Let’s not expect contributions this season. AJ Storr, however looked polished. Looks like he can really shoot it, and he’s a hustler.

Curbelo was there. He’s a sharp passer.
Jones can stick it. We know that. He seems to be friends with Soriano. We’re gonna need them both to carry this team inside.

Drissa ain’t small. Hard to get a read.

Nyiwe is seemingly the same.

Mathis looks like he’s improved his jumper.

Stanley looked fine. Not much has changed.

Re: Season Ticket Holder Open Practice
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 05:52:20 PM »
Thanks for the report Poison. Just to add going by what I've read is Nyiwe looks more aggressive and King looks pretty tenacious on D and has a nice stroke and that Keita may not be as raw as first thought.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 06:18:14 PM »
Thanks for the report Poison. Just to add going by what I've read is Nyiwe looks more aggressive and King looks pretty tenacious on D and has a nice stroke and that Keita may not be as raw as first thought.

It was an august practice, but the upperclassmen let the freshman know who ran the team. Curbelo had a great block on King. A quicker, leaner and stronger Soriano swatted one away from Keita. Storr looks BE ready now. Other guys, I think we’re gonna have to be patient.

Nyiwe showed us a little something at the end of last season. I hope he can build on it. I can see him developing into a stretch 4, but he’s a senior, so, he’s gotta do it now.

I can’t say how good they’ll be, because chemistry is hard to gage with no pressure, but like I mentioned earlier, these guys, by and large are in shape with Posh, Wusu and Soriano leading the way.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:18:57 PM by Poison »

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 11:54:43 AM »
Poison can you remember what the matchups were when they played 5-5?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 08:51:10 PM »
Poison can you remember what the matchups were when they played 5-5?

I can’t remember, I’m sorry.