Adelphi Exhibition Tonight

• 7 replies

Poison

Adelphi Exhibition Tonight
« on: October 26, 2022, 04:35:48 PM »
The excitement is overwhelming. Everyone, please calm down. Get ahold of yourselves.

Re: Adelphi Exhibition Tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 07:22:36 PM »
The excitement is overwhelming. Everyone, please calm down. Get ahold of yourselves.
Hahahahaha

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 07:38:19 PM »
MA just tweeted out his normal storm gif whenever SJU gets a recruit. He did it right in the middle of this game..any idea who?

Edit: I think it's this guy

https://twitter.com/Yaxel_Lendeborg?t=EtLkzLuwYgyX1QXHcSCegg&s=09
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 07:40:04 PM by Mparty7441 »

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 04:44:17 PM »
MA just tweeted out his normal storm gif whenever SJU gets a recruit. He did it right in the middle of this game..any idea who?

Edit: I think it's this guy

https://twitter.com/Yaxel_Lendeborg?t=EtLkzLuwYgyX1QXHcSCegg&s=09
It was. 6'9 PF from the JUCO ranks was 3rd team All-American last season.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 10:45:49 PM »
I went to the game. Obviously this is Adelphi, so we shouldn’t get too excited with Soriano’s dunks. That said, he gets off the ground much faster this year.

Here’s what I got:

AJ Storr is a good shooter, and he can get to the basket. He’s a promising freshman.

Andre Curbelo played great in the second half. He’s got a great handle and he can do a lot with the ball. He is the x-factor for us. If he returns to form, we will make the tournament.

David Jones likes to board. I like him. Plays hard. Missed a bunch of layups. Probably just early season jitters.

Mathis was fine. I don’t think we’ll be able to gage his improvement until the comp improves, but played well. I just hope we stop putting the ball in his hands in big moments. He doesn’t have the basketball IQ to convert, which is why he hasn’t.

Stanley and Pinzon both looked like they made a nice sophomore jump. Pinzon added muscle, which he needed to do.

Keita is obviously a project, but I can see him contributing a little by mid season. No offense at all, but he can block shots.

King just balls. He doesn’t look like a freshman out there, which makes me think Coach could give him more minutes than we expected.

I know we shot well in the second half, but we’re gonna need to settle on some shooters that aren’t Wusu and Mathis. We’re gonna see a lotta zone especially in Brooklyn.

Nyiwe didn’t play.

The redshirt freshman Traore is gonna take even more time.

This season doesn’t have any hype so far, and that’s fine. After the egg we laid last year, maybe a quiet entrance to 22-23 is just what the doctor ordered?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:09:37 PM by Poison »

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 02:14:21 AM »
Nyiwe didn't play do to injury.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 09:31:45 PM »
'Andre Curbelo - He is the x-factor for us. If he returns to form, we will make the tournament.'

I liked this write up and have a lot of respect for your opinions Michael. I'll commence with the optimism pronto.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 09:32:20 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Foad

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
I went to the game. Obviously this is Adelphi, so we shouldn’t get too excited with Soriano’s dunks. That said, he gets off the ground much faster this year.

Here’s what I got:

AJ Storr is a good shooter, and he can get to the basket. He’s a promising freshman.

Andre Curbelo played great in the second half. He’s got a great handle and he can do a lot with the ball. He is the x-factor for us. If he returns to form, we will make the tournament.

David Jones likes to board. I like him. Plays hard. Missed a bunch of layups. Probably just early season jitters.

Mathis was fine. I don’t think we’ll be able to gage his improvement until the comp improves, but played well. I just hope we stop putting the ball in his hands in big moments. He doesn’t have the basketball IQ to convert, which is why he hasn’t.

Stanley and Pinzon both looked like they made a nice sophomore jump. Pinzon added muscle, which he needed to do.

Keita is obviously a project, but I can see him contributing a little by mid season. No offense at all, but he can block shots.

King just balls. He doesn’t look like a freshman out there, which makes me think Coach could give him more minutes than we expected.

I know we shot well in the second half, but we’re gonna need to settle on some shooters that aren’t Wusu and Mathis. We’re gonna see a lotta zone especially in Brooklyn.

Nyiwe didn’t play.

The redshirt freshman Traore is gonna take even more time.

This season doesn’t have any hype so far, and that’s fine. After the egg we laid last year, maybe a quiet entrance to 22-23 is just what the doctor ordered?

Prediction: SJU over-achieves by making the NIT semifinals and Mike Cragg extends Iron Mike Anderson until 2178.