Sarah Palin

• 85 replies
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 02:04:56 PM »
i don't read left wing blogs.  i write them.

That says it all right there.  You post and complain about all the big bad republicans yet do the same thing you complain about them doing.  Is it a If you can't beat em...join em kind of thing?

mccain famously said "it's all about fu-king spin".  you call it smear campaigns.  i'll agree with mccain and call it spin.  you read the spin one way...others read it another.  that's how you get the poorest, least educated americans with the highest percentage without health care voting republican.  of course, i'm talking about the solid south.  the republicans showed in black and what what they think of these americans by their actions after katrina.  still, louisiana and mississippi will vote mccain...no contest.  spin.  
mccain is running for president on his father in law's mob money...so it does have something to do with the campaign.  as far as ayers...how in the world would obama's association with him help?

you may say i have blinders on re: clinton's depleted military...but we beat serbia with one friendly fire casualty in 1999...and he left bush with enough of a military that we went through afghanistan after 9/11 like sh-t through a goose.  we initially did the same in iraq.  unfortunately, bush fired the generals who proposed a "surge" at the beginning of the war to eliminate the fence sitters...and he had no exit plan.  you want to blame clinton for bush's failures and you say i'm wearing blinders?

you're misinformed if you think mccain was totally clean in the keating five case.

you say mccain never called himself a war criminal..then you point to a 60 minutes program where says he signed a confession that he was a war criminal.  am i missing something?

i don't think bush or cheney should be tortured.  i believe torture is un-american...or at least it should be.  i do think they should be tried in a legitimate international court as war criminals.

...you're obviously a big fan of the half truths that attempt to ruin people's reputations.  You sound like a "republican".

Ayers...you tell me...it sounds like you run with that crowd...why did Obama associate with him?

You do have blinders on.

I'm not misinformed.

You are missing something.  He didn't say he was a war criminal...he was tortured to the point he was broken into signing a confession.  Big difference to what you implied and IMO it is an absolute disgrace to post something like that.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 02:11:04 PM »
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184111&title=john-mccains-big-acceptance

4:20 mark is priceless.

All that clip shows is that all politicians are the same and that includes Obama.  Was anyone else disappointed by his acceptance speech?  I was.  I don't know why everyone loved it so much.  He sounded like a typical politician that night.  He's going to expand government, make everything free/cheaper, cure all diseases AND lower taxes...now that's priceless. 

pmg911

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008, 03:38:41 PM »

you may say i have blinders on re: clinton's depleted military...but we beat serbia with one friendly fire casualty in 1999...and he left bush with enough of a military that we went through afghanistan after 9/11 like sh-t through a goose.  

Funny..  you mention Clinton and the war America is currently fighting...

If the good President Clinton had killed Osama Bin Laden when he had the chance. .  we would not even be having this discussion..  and Prseident Bush would not have had 9/11 to help his cause in his burning desire to get Sadam...

Anybody can make all the comments they want about what has happened in Iraq since this has all started..   the people that know the truth and live it, the soliders...   think the United States is completely doing the right thing in Iraq.. 

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2008, 07:00:41 PM »
Interesting generalization, pmg... I know six soldiers well - all have been in Iraq for 1-3 years, and although all of them are risking their lives and doing their jobs with courage and dedication, not one.. not one.. supports this war. And they say, although it's only anecdotal evidence, that the vast majority of those serving feel the same way.

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2008, 11:27:52 PM »

you may say i have blinders on re: clinton's depleted military...but we beat serbia with one friendly fire casualty in 1999...and he left bush with enough of a military that we went through afghanistan after 9/11 like sh-t through a goose.  

If the good President Clinton had killed Osama Bin Laden when he had the chance. .  we would not even be having this discussion..  and Prseident Bush would not have had 9/11 to help his cause in his burning desire to get Sadam...

Anybody can make all the comments they want about what has happened in Iraq since this has all started..   the people that know the truth and live it, the soliders...   think the United States is completely doing the right thing in Iraq.. 

To say nothing of the fact that active military at least in the middle of the summer, were donating 6 to 1 in favor of Obama over McCain.

Now that certainly had more to do with the GI bill than the future of the war but it certainly doesn't show any fear of having Obama COC.

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
You can say what you want about Bush, but if 7 years ago next week you said we will not have been attacked on our soil i think most of us would have doubted that statement.

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2008, 11:15:45 PM »

Anybody can make all the comments they want about what has happened in Iraq since this has all started..   the people that know the truth and live it, the soliders...   think the United States is completely doing the right thing in Iraq.. 

republicans hadn't pulled the "wag the dog" card, clinton might have gotten bin laden.  the gop never took terrorism seriously...bush chucked the memo "bin laden intends to attack the united states". 

your arguments are much like those who blame jarvis for all our problems today...and who say roberts is one of the best coaches in st john's history.

they make no sense.  9/11 happened on bush's watch.  he has to take responsibility.  after all, he is the president.

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »
You can say what you want about Bush, but if 7 years ago next week you said we will not have been attacked on our soil i think most of us would have doubted that statement.

What are you talking about?

pmg911

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 10:40:24 AM »

Anybody can make all the comments they want about what has happened in Iraq since this has all started..   the people that know the truth and live it, the soliders...   think the United States is completely doing the right thing in Iraq.. 

republicans hadn't pulled the "wag the dog" card, clinton might have gotten bin laden.  the gop never took terrorism seriously...bush chucked the memo "bin laden intends to attack the united states". 

your arguments are much like those who blame jarvis for all our problems today...and who say roberts is one of the best coaches in st john's history.

they make no sense.  9/11 happened on bush's watch.  he has to take responsibility.  after all, he is the president.

I never ever said Bush has tried to blame others for 9/11..     but the facts of the matter are that Clinton had a shot to take Osama out and didn't pull the trigger..   that doesn't blame him for 9/11 but it might be a different world today had Clinton had Osama killed when he could have...

We can play the "if" game all day...    I will stick by my statement. .   history will judge Bush much better than people today...      I am not saying he is the greatest Preseident ever but by no means is he nearly as bad as the press today makes him out to be...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:38:35 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Randomhero423

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »
you meant osama right?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 01:37:37 PM »
Clinton did try to take out Obama, in South Carolina!  The news media never reported it! 

Clinton should have done more about OSAMA who was a rising threat... but what about those months Bush had to do something about a guy who the Republicans would take Clinton to task for not dealing with?  Just saying.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:38:51 PM by peter »

pmg911

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 02:26:47 PM »
you meant osama right?

Apologies..   yes...     i will fix that...

**  tried to fix it but I can't. . can a moderator please fix that for me **
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:28:08 PM by pmg911 »

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 02:44:08 PM »
you meant osama right?

Apologies..   yes...     i will fix that...

**  tried to fix it but I can't. . can a moderator please fix that for me **

Done.

I thought you were talking about Clinton eliminating Obama during the primary race :o ;) ;D.

Obama didn't do himself any favors with the whole name recognition thing when choosing his running mate....

Obama Biden
Osama Bin Laden

Randomhero423

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2008, 08:46:58 PM »
If the good President Clinton had killed Bin Laden when he had the chance.

Exactly.

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2008, 10:46:58 PM »
Right On!!!!!!!

Randomhero423

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »
Conservative Columnist Kathleen Parker: After seeing interviews, Palin should drop out.

Some of the passionately feminist critics of Palin who attacked her personally deserved some of the backlash they received. But circumstances have changed since Palin was introduced as just a hockey mom with lipstick -- what a difference a financial crisis makes -- and a more complicated picture has emerged.

As we've seen and heard more from John McCain's running mate, it is increasingly clear that Palin is a problem. Quick study or not, she doesn't know enough about economics and foreign policy to make Americans comfortable with a President Palin should conditions warrant her promotion.

Palin's recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I've been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I've also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there's not much content there.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MD ... UxZDkwNTE=

gotta love the pick...

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 03:03:17 PM »
this is the worst vice presidential pick since tom eagleton.

no..worse than eagleton.

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2008, 12:21:03 AM »
Far worse.

and Bush will be thought better of as time goes by??  PMG, either you haven't been and still aren't watching, or you're delusional.

But then again, he's done so well at... um... the economy? Well, no, that's a disaster. Oh, foreign affairs!! No.. that's a disaster. Well, at least he didn't lie to get us into a preemptive war! Oh.. he did. But he's steadfast against torture and upholding the constitution! Well, no.. that's not true either. Let's see.. then he must have made government more effective in responding to natural disasters, or keeping our toys safe.. or.....

Lord. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2008, 01:03:44 AM »
Everyone should vote for Marco Baldi for President. I could run this country into the ground with the best of em