Sarah Palin

• 85 replies
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »
it's amazing how biden made all the networks after last night's debates (where i thought mccain did a better job)...and palin was nowhere to be found.

amazing.

Randomhero423

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »
the debate was very even imo.  i can see a argument for both sides.  but with that said, that's technically a lost for mccain because he needed a big nite on his favorite issue and he defintely did not get that...

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »
McCain sounded delirious early on.  His answers were nonsensical and didn't answer the questions posed.  At times, he seemed to just be trying to talk as long as he could in order to take time away from Obama.  As a result, his answers seemed to meander and go nowhere.  He was a bit better later on in the debate but Obama looked much more intelligent, in control and presidential.  McCain also came off as rude and disrespectful.  The only criticism I have of Obama is that his attacks could have been a bit more pointed.  He was a bit too polite--- but that's his style.

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 06:04:54 PM »
I'm sorry, but i don't get all the hype about obama, he stutters way to much and enough of the umms and ohhs, also got tired of obama calling him john while McCain refered to him as sen. but i guess thats not respectful.

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
Who cares if he uses "umm"s or "ohh"s?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2008, 08:02:13 PM »
the thing i hate is that some people say he seems "too smart"

pmg911

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:25 PM »
this is the worst vice presidential pick since tom eagleton.

no..worse than eagleton.

Admiral James Stockdale..    its not even close...     at least in my lifetime...

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2008, 02:05:19 PM »
you mean the congressional medal of honor winner who took extra torture in hanoi to spare his fellow POW's?

i'm sure if he ran on the GOP ticket instead of with ross perot, the spin on him would have been even better than the palin spin.

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2008, 02:36:29 PM »
Palin looks like a train wreck in those interviews.  Lets see if she could pull off a miracle tomorrow or else this thing might be over.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2008, 10:15:24 PM »
Palin looks like a train wreck in those interviews.  Lets see if she could pull off a miracle tomorrow or else this thing might be over.

Heard her in an interview today (5:30PM) on 770 or 880 and she sounds preped and ready. Sound it alot more sure of herself in this interview. The PRESSURE is on her to not screw this up for the the Republicans.

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2008, 10:48:49 PM »
palin is in boot camp in arizona.  i think she'll know how to handle a debate once she's done.

all she has to do is keep from sounding like a nice personic housefrau and the spin will be she held her own against biden.

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2008, 02:24:07 AM »
Who? Someone from your high school?

Marillac

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2008, 07:13:11 AM »

I have not heard a single person say that since Obama won his senate seat. 
At least if Obama wins, maybe his wife will be proud of her country a second time?  That is a comment that really sticks with me. 

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2008, 12:55:12 AM »
maybe you should think about what it's like to have stood in her shoes.  it's all about context.

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »
 ???

Marillac

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2008, 06:55:55 AM »
maybe you should think about what it's like to have stood in her shoes.  it's all about context.

She wen to Harvard and has been wealthy since shortly after.  It's not like she is raising three kids and dancing for a living.  Her brother is also a head college basketball coach.  Something tells me they had it at least as good as I did.

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2008, 04:41:09 AM »
maybe your standards of what america should be are lower than hers.

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »
 ???

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2008, 11:43:43 AM »

She wen to Harvard and has been wealthy since shortly after.  It's not like she is raising three kids and dancing for a living.  Her brother is also a head college basketball coach.  Something tells me they had it at least as good as I did.
I think it's pretty clear that Michelle Obama and her brother grew up middle class.  Their dad worked for the city of CHI.  She worked hard and got into one of the best magnet schools in Chicago, and then two of the best universities in the nation.  Doesn't sound like they grew up high on the hog.  Or married into wealth or anything.

And as for the pride in America thing, I think Laura Bush had a good take on her comment, that she meant "more proud" - it's the kind of hyperbole that anyone gets caught saying in the middle of a political campaign.  She should have used different words, but damn, she didn't say she hated America or "Plymouth Rock landed on us."