Marillac's Positive Thinking Thread

• 114 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Marillac's Positive Thinking Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
I am happy that Duke and St. John's are BOTH on TV today!

Also happy to be goin to a Christmas party tonight with some skippy!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
I'm happy there is tons of college basketball on TV

Mount St. Mary's vs Georgetown
Minnesota vs Louisville
Duke vs Xavier
Colombia vs VA Tech
UConn vs Gonzaga
St. John's vs Marist
Arizona vs BYU
Eastern Kentucky vs Cincinnati

and I might be missing a few
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »

Minnesota vs Louisville
Duke vs Xavier
Colombia vs VA Tech
UConn vs Gonzaga
St. John's vs Marist
Arizona vs BYU

Davidson-Purdue
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »

Minnesota vs Louisville
Duke vs Xavier
Colombia vs VA Tech
UConn vs Gonzaga
St. John's vs Marist
Arizona vs BYU

Davidson-Purdue

I was watching the scoreboard and saw that game was like 25-2 Purdue at one point. 

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2008, 11:11:34 PM »
Even though I posted one earlier, my positive thought for today is that during the break in the games today I went over to the media area and introduced myself to Randomhero. I also apologized for being a dick lately and relentlessly attacking him for even the simplest thing.

I’m glad that I took the time to clear the air and I have to say he is a nice young man.

There, I feel better already!

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2008, 11:17:46 PM »
I'm happy I went to a very fun christmas party last night and Saturday is my day off from work and I spent it watching a ton of college basketball. Also HD TV has changed my life.

Randomhero423

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2008, 11:36:27 AM »
Even though I posted one earlier, my positive thought for today is that during the break in the games today I went over to the media area and introduced myself to Randomhero. I also apologized for being a dick lately and relentlessly attacking him for even the simplest thing.

I’m glad that I took the time to clear the air and I have to say he is a nice young man.

There, I feel better already!

thank you.  it was a pleasure meeting you.  i'll tell ya the next game i'm going to

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »
im happy the rangers are finally starting to play good hockey again, and have scored 4 goals in the first 30 minutes of the game tonight!

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »
im happy the rangers are finally starting to play good hockey again, and have scored 4 goals in the first 30 minutes of the game tonight!

just kidding...

Marillac's Positive Thinking Thread
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2008, 09:23:10 AM »
I am happy that today is Christmas Eve and I will be spending the evening with my children and my parents.

I hope everyone here has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2008, 01:29:52 PM »
I'm very happy about the newly added features to the website here. I'm very happy some consider this the best place for St. John's hoops.

Marillac

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »
I'm happy that I didn't die when I got into a car accident Christmas Eve on I-78. 

It was a ridiculous ice storm and even though I was only going 50 in a 70, I went over an overpass that was solid ice and lost total control of the car.  I hit the guard rail on my side of the highway...flipped the car and bounced through the grass median into oncoming traffic.  I then hit the guard rail on the other side of the highway, only to bounce back through oncoming traffic again and land in the grass median.

Not a scratch on me and I actually drove what was left of my car back to NY after the police report.

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »
Wow...thank God you're ok.  Nothing is worth risking your life.  When the weather is that bad, it's best to stay where you are until the roads are clear.  I spun out on I-80 in PA one night.  I crept off the highway and found the nearest hotel.  The next day, I got 4 new tires put on and then drove home.

Marillac

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »
Wow...thank God you're ok.  Nothing is worth risking your life.  When the weather is that bad, it's best to stay where you are until the roads are clear.  I spun out on I-80 in PA one night.  I crept off the highway and found the nearest hotel.  The next day, I got 4 new tires put on and then drove home.

Thanks.  That was the first real accident I've ever been in.  I've never seen such bad roads before in my life.  I will never drive in snow or ice again.  I had the car in cruise at 50 and didn't turn or break and it was a straight away.  Nothing I could have done differently.  That is the scariest part.  I must have seen 40 accidents on my way up.

Tires are SO IMPORTANT.  I am pickign up four new tires right away.

While it was happening I actually said the words "I"m dead" aloud.

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »
My spin out was similar...going straight, slowly, no braking and i just started to spin.  A few seconds seemed like five minutes.  I kept saying to my kids, "remain calm, it's gonna be alright."  Fortunately, there were few cars on the road and no one hit me.  Very scary.

« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2008, 12:58:04 AM »
I'm happy that I didn't die when I got into a car accident Christmas Eve on I-78. 

It was a ridiculous ice storm and even though I was only going 50 in a 70, I went over an overpass that was solid ice and lost total control of the car.  I hit the guard rail on my side of the highway...flipped the car and bounced through the grass median into oncoming traffic.  I then hit the guard rail on the other side of the highway, only to bounce back through oncoming traffic again and land in the grass median.

Not a scratch on me and I actually drove what was left of my car back to NY after the police report.

Wow, that changes my positive thought for today...
Thank goodness you were not seriously hurt (or worse), it didn't sound possible from your description of it.

Just goes to show you that there are some things more important than Hooops :)
Count your blessings!

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2008, 01:07:50 AM »

Wow, that changes my positive thought for today...
Thank goodness you were not seriously hurt (or worse), it didn't sound possible from your description of it.

Just goes to show you that there are some things more important than Hooops :)
Count your blessings!

Well said, good to have you alive and well marillac

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »

It was a ridiculous ice storm and even though I was only going 50 in a 70,

Memo to Marillac. In a ridiculous ice storm speed limits are thrown out the window and you dont go 50 miles per hour.

Do that again and you wont be able to take advantage of the next easy spread the bookies throw St Johns way. :)

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2008, 12:55:38 PM »
Thanks.  That was the first real accident I've ever been in.  I've never seen such bad roads before in my life.  I will never drive in snow or ice again.  I had the car in cruise at 50 and didn't turn or break and it was a straight away.  Nothing I could have done differently.  That is the scariest part.  I must have seen 40 accidents on my way up.

Tires are SO IMPORTANT.  I am pickign up four new tires right away.

While it was happening I actually said the words "I"m dead" aloud.

Glad you are okay.

I read somewhere that cruise control should never be used when it's raining or snowing.

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2008, 12:08:18 PM »
im happy mangini is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D