Stephonitis

• 3 replies
Stephonitis
« on: January 03, 2008, 01:30:30 AM »
Stephonitis is disease one suffers from playing on bad teams while running the point guard position. It consists with having your hands on the ball the majority of the time forcing ones self to try and do too much. Dribbling too much, taking too many shots especially three point attempts and unbeknown confidence to take over a ball game trying to be the man. The disease was said to have originated in madison square garden in New York City. Guard Stephon Marbury was the first person to have been known to conduct the disease however its said to be spreading over into the borough of queens. St. John's point guard Eugene Lawrence is showing many symptoms of the disease and perhaps his contact with the Marbury family(Sebastian Telfair) could have helped transmit the disease. Pushing the ball up court, less dribbling at the top of the key, passing it into the post quickly, and penetrating and dishing are said to be remedies for this disease. No full cure has been truly found.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Stephonitis
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:31:46 AM »
the way i look at it is simple...put boothe in to start. to put EL even in the same sentence as marbury or telfair is pure fantasy!

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:45:51 AM »
Funny post, JJ, but it originated WAY before Steph was a Knick.  Try ever since he left the T-Wolves and became all about "me."
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
He was on a bad team though which is my point. Marbury is a talent and I think Geno has some talent despite popular opinion but he is going away from what he needs to do and is trying to do entirely too much which is hurting the team. He slows down the offense too much and takes way too much time to deliver the ball.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle