Malcolm Armstead - PG - Chipola Junior College - Florence, Alabama - OREGON

• 53 replies

Marillac

Good for him - they need a point and have some guys who can score.

Yeah, the six points a game will help them :)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Their biggest problems are turnovers and a lack of defense.  Ernie Kent's teams don't have much of a problem with scoring (except last year) efficiently; the defense is going to get Ernie fired.  They need a point guard to control the madness, and Dunigan, Sim, Humphrey, Porter, Crittle, they do enough shooting to keep Armstead from hoisting many shots.

kjd01067

Good luck to him but I'm glad norm was smart enough not to sign another point guard after stith. Hopefully we can sign a someone with talent

They have like a million PG, I am starting to get the feeling Kids don't even look to see who is on the roster of the teams they commit to.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Oregon doesn't have a million PGs.  Sim might be a PG and there's another guy with high assist numbers... but I can't even remember his damned name offhand.  They badly need a pace-setter.  Tajuan Porter might be 5'6" but he is just an atrocious PG, he's a tiny SG.

Anyone see this guys numbers lately???  I remember at the time being unsure if I wanted him or Stith, well ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=45864

Anyone see this guys numbers lately???  I remember at the time being unsure if I wanted him or Stith, well ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=45864

I noticed he scored something like 22 points in Oregon's second or third game, this season.

The only reason why I think the staff didn't go through with the offer because they didn't wanna overload the roster with juniors and have an unbalanced roster.

Guess what?  They already have an unbalanced roster.  So, what's one more player gonna do to an already unbalanced roster? 

I had only saw a 7 min. highlight clip on Armstead and that is all it took for me to see that he was better than Boothe.  Heck!  I can say after the first minute of the highlight clip I was convinced he was better than Boothe.

Quite frankly, I wanted Armstead over Stith, but we know how that turned out. 

He's only a Sophomore
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

He's only a Sophomore

Oh!  For real?  Dang!  It's even a worse move to not bring him in instead of Stith. 

Clueless!   

Hindsight is 20/20. I like Stith so I don't mind.

Really Dave I do not like Stith. No out side shot and cannot hit freee throws.

Poison

Norm never has hindsight.

He's a freshman, I see some potential.

He's a freshman, I see some potential.

Unless, he's (Stith) playing for a new coach within the next year or two....  His potential will never be reached.

(edited to get the reply out of Dave's quotes)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:17:55 PM by peter »