St John's all century team

• 46 replies

Poison

Re: St John's all century team
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »
cant believe Is fogot Felipe and Zendon. Bad years but I gots mad respct.

I know all y'all love Marcus Hatten, but I dont think he all that when you compare him to teh all time greats. Brotha was clutch but he jack up mo shots than Kobe. 

Did you notice how good we got once felipe and z left?

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 11:42:07 AM »

I know all y'all love Marcus Hatten, but I dont think he all that when you compare him to teh all time greats. Brotha was clutch but he jack up mo shots than Kobe. 

Lopez & Hamilton had two of the LOWEST b-ball iq's i have EVER seen.. ::) .. btw - agree with u about Hatten choz... peace!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 11:50:10 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

pmg911

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 11:50:20 AM »

Lopez & Hamilton had two of the LOWEST b-ball iq's i have EVER seen.. ::) .. peace!

Coming from a guy who never played a game after CYO level, that is comical...

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »

Lopez & Hamilton had two of the LOWEST b-ball iq's i have EVER seen.. ::) .. peace!

Get off my sack already "coach"(lol).. ;D .. btw - i'll take u ANYDAY on the court "chubbs".. 8) .. yawn.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:14:27 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

redstorm32

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 12:42:15 PM »
i find it hard to believe the number 1 recruit in the country had one of the lowest basketball iq's

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 06:27:23 PM »
i find it hard to believe the number 1 recruit in the country had one of the lowest basketball iq's

So did i 32... i was SHOCKED myself..  :o .. He did have a very good senior year however  after Fran finaly instilled some "discipline" in him & his game. Not to mention, Lopez & Hamilton had a chance to REDEEM themselves in the the '98 NCAA's... but CHOKED big-time against Detroit(66-64... f*ck!)... i think the two of them shot a combined 7 - 24 with 5 turnovers & Felipe BRICKED a wide-open three to win it.. :-[ .. peace!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 06:39:31 PM by oldred10 »

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »
PG: Mark Jackson, Boo Harvey, Erick Barkley
SG: Chris Mullin, Reggie Carter, Glen Williams
SF: Billy Schaefer, Billy Goodwin, Sonny Dove
PF: Walter Berry, Mel Davis, George Johnson
C: Zawoluk, Wennington, Paultz.
AND we won several NIT's when it was the premier post-season tourney. 

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2007, 09:43:36 AM »
PG: Mark Jackson, Boo Harvey, Erick Barkley
SG: Chris Mullin, Reggie Carter, Glen Williams
SF: Billy Schaefer, Billy Goodwin, Sonny Dove
PF: Walter Berry, Mel Davis, George Johnson
C: Zawoluk, Wennington, Paultz.
AND we won several NIT's when it was the premier post-season tourney. 

Bill S over Malik?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2007, 10:29:33 AM »
Bill S over Malik. He was Mullin before Mullin. He averaged (and correct me if I'm wrong) 24 a game one year.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »
Bill S over Malik. He was Mullin before Mullin. He averaged (and correct me if I'm wrong) 24 a game one year.

AZ - I will give u Billy S... but NO way u can take Goodwin over Sealy & BG was one of my favorite players.. 8) .. peace!

Poison

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 02:55:08 PM »

I think PPG averages, and stats are very hard to compare when ur talking about two different generations.
Sealy was one of the top 10 players in the nation. It wasn't just about stats. There were so many times,
he was on the bench, or others were scoring more, just because he wasn't needed as much.

Randomhero423

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »
i don't take stats from the 1950-70's that seriosuly.  such a diff game, not much talent or height.  and i mean really it's sucha long time ago.

for goodness sakes wilt chamberlain averaged 50 and 25 one year. need i say anymore?

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 03:05:03 PM »
How many games have you watched from the 50-70's?

Lets not talk out of our asses
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »
you can tell though the talent/height was completely diff wen a guy is capable of averaging 50 points and 25 rebounds...

redstorm32

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 03:53:56 PM »
not really

chamberlain would prob average even better numbers now with the lack of defense being played

guys actually played defense back in the 70s unlike today

and there are great players then that would be great today

pistol pete, jerry west, rick barry, elgin baylor, walt clyde frazier, bob cousy, john havilcheck, bill walton, lew alcindor

the list goes on

Randomhero423

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 03:55:25 PM »
don't get me wrong those are all great players.  wilt's numbers would be more like 30 and 14. 

pmg911

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 05:06:35 PM »

Get off my sack already "coach"(lol).. ;D .. btw - i'll take u ANYDAY on the court "chubbs".. 8) .. yawn.

I am sure you used to tear it up in intramurals @ St. Francis Prep....

The only ball you can bounce is the one in your boxers...

redstorm32

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2007, 05:08:31 PM »
oldred a st francis prep grad???

that is interesting to say the least

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2007, 07:21:32 PM »
Impossible task. Once you start to read into some of the teams in the 40's,50's 60's & 70's. I  list 8  guys who deserve a serious look. I never saw these guys play, but when they represented the "Redmen" their teams had great records & their individual numbers were impressive.  Tony Jackson, Bob McIntyre, Alan Seider, Bob Zawolak, Leroy Ellis, Dick McGuire, Jack McMahon & Harry Boykoff.        Guys I have seen...... Chris Mullin, Walter Berry, Malik Sealy, Sonny Dove, Mark Jackson, Reggie Carter, Joe Depre, George Johnson, Mel Davis, Billy Paultz, Billy Schaffer, Johnny Warren ,  David Rusell, Bill Wennington, Felipe Lopez & Marcus Hatten.

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »

I am sure you used to tear it up in intramurals @ St. Francis Prep....

The only ball you can bounce is the one in your boxers...

:D :D :D :D hahahahahhaha

"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap