Congrats from the Bona faithful

• 6 replies
Congrats from the Bona faithful
« on: November 18, 2009, 12:45:28 AM »
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a hard-fought win in a tough environment. Us Bonas fans are pretty crushed by the loss. It would have been a huge win for our program. Regardless, props to SJU for making the haul out to Rochester.

I've read some posts concerned with the close loss. If it helps, this isn't the Bonas of the last 5-6 years. We'll give teams all they can handle and we should have a couple of nice wins at home. Hopefully we can boost your RPI with solid play for the rest of the season.

In any event, we'll be rooting for you guys to do some damage in the Big East!

Again, congrats to you guys. We couldn't have lost to a classier university and fanbase.

Poison

Re: Congrats from the Bona faithful
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:49:50 AM »
Classy fan base? You must have us confused with another program.

No doubt the Bonnies are no pushover if you started off the season with a win against a successful NCAA team.

How good is Nicholson. Is he NBA ready?

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:52:38 AM »
Yea, the game was very exciting!  I used to say what did they do before T.V.  Guess the radio wasn't so bad   :D
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

sjd8886

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:57:24 AM »
bonnies def arent an open and shut win anymore, they toughed up last year...and looking at what other teams have done this season, winning is enough...ive watched uconn (bc sny televises them instead of us, the jack%$#'s they are) in 2 of their games get taken to the wire by william and mary and hofstra...and this is happening all over more often than not so far this season, minus with Tennessee tonight, bc i believe they won by double digits :P, so ill take a win any way we can get it as long as they keep coming...the only embarrassing thing the past 5 seasons have been the blowout loses...i really dont mind losing to any team in this conference, but losing by 20 or 30 just cant happen if you want people, and recruits, to take a program seriously

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 12:58:17 AM »
I'm certainly a Bonnie fan for the rest of the season. I'm thinking about that RPI already. I'm definitely keeping an eye on Andrew Nicholson for the rest of the year too. He sounds like a promising player.

Also thanks for coming over and posting the message. Feel free to keep discussion going. I've been reading the http://bonabandwagon.proboards.com for past few days too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:01:01 AM »
By the way this was our 3,000th topic on the boards!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:56:29 AM »
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a hard-fought win in a tough environment. Us Bonas fans are pretty crushed by the loss. It would have been a huge win for our program. Regardless, props to SJU for making the haul out to Rochester.

I've read some posts concerned with the close loss. If it helps, this isn't the Bonas of the last 5-6 years. We'll give teams all they can handle and we should have a couple of nice wins at home. Hopefully we can boost your RPI with solid play for the rest of the season.

In any event, we'll be rooting for you guys to do some damage in the Big East!

Again, congrats to you guys. We couldn't have lost to a classier university and fanbase.
Now that's class.  This ain't no Ucan't fan.