St. John's vs Fordham Post Game Discussion

• 78 replies
St. John's vs Fordham Post Game Discussion
« on: December 13, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »
Thoughts on todays game? 8-1 top 25?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: St. John's vs Fordham Post Game Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 06:32:02 PM »
We played well, a little sloppy in the second half but it's the same thing every game.  Fordham was a one man team tonight, they just didn't have the talent to hang with us.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »
We played like garbage. I'm disgusted that I had to watch this. 

Chris Gaston went unguarded for 40 minutes.
We let a freshman, that's right, a freshman drop 32 and 15 on us on our court.

Sean Evans played with zero focus, and very little effort.

It felt like this game was a joke to our guys. They came out sloppy, and they ended sloppy.

Coker was pretty good, but Roberts didn't play him enough.
I don't know what the logic is there. Probably isn't any.

0-14 from downtown? Man, I know this was a 17 point win, but it really felt a loss. Hofstra will beat us, if we keep up this head in the clouds basketball.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 06:44:48 PM »
i thought the game was sloppy all around. going up for rebounds with one hand, missing layups/dunks. i hope we are playing down to our opponents. although the game was never in jeopardy.

also, id like to thank to old fordham fan in white jumpsuit behind the bench. giving the student section the middle finger the whole game was real classy. class act.

oh and to the idiot that came up to the student section after the game saying that stj is trash and that we going to get destroyed by notre dame, needs to get his facts straight. nd lost 2 games already, one of which was to loyola marymount (4-7) at home.

and he went on too.....saying that we're not going to win any big east games.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »
0-14 from downtown?

damn....i knew it was bad, but not that bad.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
Fordham fans talking trash. Now, I've seen it all.
They are the worst team I've ever seen. Ever.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »
Thoughts on todays game? 8-1 top 25?

No top 25 becaue Wisconsin and Butler avenged their losses earlier in the week with impressive wins over Marquette and #13 Ohio State, respectively.
Also, the pollsters don't have much sense and Temple will surely be in the top 25 for beating #3 Nova today at home, even though we beat Temple comfortably at their place.  Also, factor in Kansas State's thumping of #18 UNLV.  They'll be in.

I can say with 100% confidence that we will be in if we run the Holiday Festival this weekend.  We'd be 10-1 and that win @ Temple is looking better every day.  They are running through some good teams--Va Tech, Penn State, Siena, Nova, lost by 1 at G'town...

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »
We won which was the most important thing. We also don't play a game for another week. This should give our coaches and players plenty of time to re-focus. 8-1 is pretty good.

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »
Lack of focus.

There were a lot of hustle plays made by Boothe. I haven't seen the box score but just going on what I remember there were still not enough assists. To his credit though he drove into the lane with conviction a few times (finishing hard not just lobbing bad shots as he did in the Georgia game).

The poor shooting percentage included at least 3 missed monster dunks and at least four 3-point shots from Boothe and Brownlee. Not letting them take those shots and finishing hard to the hoop would boost the percentage up to something respectable.

This looked like a practice scrimmage and in reality it was. It's hard to get up for games like this as a fan and a player. Thanks to the classy folks from Fordham who showed up to heckle the student section. That boosted the noise level up a little in what was an otherwise silent CA yet again. A few people did stand up to catch a T-shirt.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
Hopefully we got our bricks out of the way in this game, Brownlee's 14 and 14 was impressive

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »
boothe was the mvp

terrible shooting from everyone, douchebag fordham fans, lame admins threatening to kick out the only 30fans stj has for the season....not a fun game

its good to see that guys step up and we can win when we shoot that bad....dj making hustle plays with rebounds ect....boothe picking up the team with his drives....brownlee on the offensive glass....paris with his drives

we will have to play better than this against good teams, but its good to see that we still hustle like a team with a lot to prove

Poison

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »
One school in the nation has a worse fan base than us: Fordham.
Their students and alumni truly hate the basketball team.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »
boothe was the mvp

terrible shooting from everyone, douchebag fordham fans, lame admins threatening to kick out the only 30fans stj has for the season....not a fun game

its good to see that guys step up and we can win when we shoot that bad....dj making hustle plays with rebounds ect....boothe picking up the team with his drives....brownlee on the offensive glass....paris with his drives

we will have to play better than this against good teams, but its good to see that we still hustle like a team with a lot to prove

What went on at the game?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 08:02:13 PM »
our school administrators sent students to quiet the crowd......

then after the game some cockbag fordham fan came to the student section to inform me that stjohns sucks and we will lose to every team with a banner on the back wall. when i answered that beating fordham by 18 didnt mean shit, his sister threatened to beat me up lol.

but at least i got a free ice scraper

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »
one of the red storm people came over and told us the administration would kick us out for the rest of they year if we didn't tone it down.

but they really did a good job on kickng out fordham fans giving the middle finger. oh wait.......they didnt do anything.

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 08:10:29 PM »
oh and i think it was stupid that they gave out t-shirts for students who swiped in only.

i didnt swipe in since i didnt know it mattered. and they wouldnt give me one, i had to have a friend take one for me.

and little kids wanted t-shirts and they were told they were for "students only." i think thats messed up. they had about 900 tshirts. give the kids some.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:11:34 PM by theoffspring447 »

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
they shouldnt be kicking anyone out

that old dude giving us the finger was funny and he was having a good time....its just bullshit that they get upset when the fans actually get into the game.

there are seriously about 30 kids who i see at every game, and then threaten to kick us out for the season because we called guys yelling during our fts douchebags

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 08:14:18 PM »
Fordham is not a good team.  It was a cakewalk..we could've won by 40.

Sorry to hear you guys were getting hassled.  With attendance the way it is you would think the admin would do everything they could to pander to the people who actually show up.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 08:14:47 PM »

that old dude giving us the finger was funny and he was having a good time....its just bullshit that they get upset when the fans actually get into the game.

there are seriously about 30 kids who i see at every game, and then threaten to kick us out for the season because we called guys yelling during our fts douchebags

i agree man. the school threatens to kick out the heart and soul of the student section, year after year. its pathetic.

in my opinion, student tickets should be free at CA. and if they're afraid kids are going to get tickets and not show up, then make it that we have to swipe in to get in. first come first serve. then i think a lot more people would show up.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:17:35 PM by theoffspring447 »

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 08:26:02 PM »

i agree man. the school threatens to kick out the heart and soul of the student section, year after year. its pathetic.

in my opinion, student tickets should be free at CA. and if they're afraid kids are going to get tickets and not show up, then make it that we have to swipe in to get in. first come first serve. then i think a lot more people would show up.

I 100% agree, our tickets should be free.  I know so many kids who follow the bball team and are fans but simply cannot afford to spend 5 dollars for a ticket to our home games.