Its time

• 5 replies
Its time
« on: January 28, 2008, 03:49:52 PM »
I know this might be moved to another thread but I think we should start to forget about the rest of the basketball season and focus on a program that gets little to no attention on campus yet for some reason they do what we want a redmen team to do and they ACTUALLY MAKE THE NCAA TOURNAMENT! I am talking about the ST JOHN'S BASEBALL TEAM. This team succededs in a confrence that holds a big time recruiting school with Notre Dame and a southern school with South Florida (even though they have yet to prove themselves but Tino now serves as a bench coach for them). This team does not get the funding that basketball gets or the TV time (with the exception in 2005 when they were on ESPN when they killed Notre Dame in a three game series). This team are a bunch of great, disciplined guys who are in it for the love of the game and they try to act like they are humble about their success. It sucks that college baseball is dominated by southern/western schools but for a Northeast school, they do a great job landing recruits and Ed Blankmeyer does a great job in creating success. He is a master of the small game because in his practices, he always brings up the fundamentals of baserunning. When I attended St. John's, I worked for this team for a year before transferring to Fordham (by the way, I would have had the head student manager job my junior year and I left the year before they first returned to the tourney in the Bay Area) and the coaching staff were a great bunch of guys who brought the best out of my work ethic and other players too (unlike Jarvis who only brought out his ego on others). All I am saying is give these guys the attention they deserve. Once the basketball season ends, let us not abandon these boards until October or for the remaining ones call for Norm's head but instead let us focus on what is good about St. John's sports and give these players the appreciation they deserve because eventhough basketball is the moneymaker, baseball, soccer, and volleyball as of right now, is what makes me proud that I attended St. John's University. I apologize for offending anyone but I had to vent, sorry.

Re: Its time
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 04:09:41 PM »
lol I don't know if you're in Virginia now but basketball is not a moneymaker, less than 5,000 people besides this board go to the games but I think that is a good suggestion, baseball and soccer, while not as popular, are now our best sports

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »
SJU baseball games average maybe 50 people if that. I'll make up some sub boards for other sports soon so fans of theirs can have a place to talk.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:41:16 PM »
i hate that st.johns baseball team is better than the basketball team

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 06:01:23 PM »
i hate that st.johns baseball team is better than the basketball team

keep the hate to the hate thread haha too much haterade
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24