Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - VILLANOVA

• 284 replies
Re: Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2009, 06:58:13 PM »
Yikes I thought we had this kid in the Bag he always came to SJU games last season.But we all heard that comment before, we are not an option that usually means

he was in the bag when kimani was here. i told you guys that.  we still have a very good chance but it's not "in the bag" like it was.

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2009, 07:01:59 AM »
Yikes I thought we had this kid in the Bag he always came to SJU games last season.But we all heard that comment before, we are not an option that usually means

he was in the bag when kimani was here. i told you guys that.  we still have a very good chance but it's not "in the bag" like it was.

Maybe after a year off Kimani will be ready to rejoin the St John's staff.

pmg911

« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »
Wit full respct to Jay and Tom K, dont think any comparison to Mash should be taken.

If they're saying he's tough, and he's a Jamal Mashburn clone, I'm very confused.
Mashburn was a jump shooter. Like Chris Mullin.

Mash was nasty in high school. And I doubt Pinkston is nearly as versatile.

Pinkston couldn't hold Mashburn's jock in high school.

Jamal was never in good shape and only gave his best efforts at Hayes when there were college coaches around or he was match up against a player he felt might give him a challenge.

Even when he was coasting he dominated.

LJSA

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2009, 06:24:21 PM »
If I'm not mixing up games and stats, our own Shawnelle Scott posted a whopping 2 points against Hayes in the city championship. I'm not sure who else was on Hayes, but I'm guessing it was Mashburn that locked up Scott.

« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »
I posted a new scouting report on Jayvaughn Pinkston on my site, www.GothamHoops.com.

I have him as #2 in the class behind Tobias Harris.

Both different players and I still can't decided which one I would definitely want on my team.

http://www.gothamhoops.com/?p=1412 - Jayvaughn scouting report

http://www.gothamhoops.com/?p=1423 - Tobias scouting report

gonzalo

« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2009, 12:33:19 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/08/14/selby-considering-uconn-pinkston-collier-williams-plan-visits/

Bishop Loughlin forward Jayvaughn Pinkston visited Villanova and Tennessee last week and now has a series of other visits in the works.

Pinkston, a 6-6 forward who had a tremendous summer, will visit St. John’s, Seton Hall, Miami, Marquette and Arizona in coming weeks.

“We’re gonna visit St. John’s early next week and spend some time over there,” said New Heights AD Kimani Young, Pinkston’s adviser.

“We’re going to Marquette for their elite camp” at the end of August.

After Labor Day, Pinkston will also visit Seton Hall, Miami and Arizona.

“He’ll probably get over to Seton Hall like the first week in September, after Labor Day,” Young said. “We want to schedule a Miami visit in September also, and Arizona in early September.”

Pinkston wasn’t selected for next week’s Boost Mobile Elite 24 event and isn’t happy about it.

“He’s upset but he understands that with any all-star team selection there’s gonna be a lot of good players that are left out,” Young said. “He’s going to use it as motivation to get into the gym and keep working hard and have a good season his senior year.”

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »
Zags Blog

JayVaughn Pinkston, the top high school player in New York City in the Class of 2010, will take an unofficial visit to St. John’s today with New Heights AD Kimani Young.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:17:24 AM by Dave »

« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2009, 06:49:43 AM »
http://blog.northstarbball.com/

Jayvaughn Pinkston, SF, 6'5, Bishop Loughlin (NY), #78
Favorite: Tennessee
2nd in Line: Marquette
3rd in Line: Arizona
Watch Out for: St. John's, Miami
The sturdy combo forward seems to be considering eight schools at this point in Tennessee, Marquette, Arizona, St. John's, Miami, Villanova, Seton Hall, and Rutgers. The two NJ schools are probably at the bottom of the list, with Tennessee, Marquette, Arizona, and St. John's as the main four. Miami and Villanova are also in play, and should not be counted out. I think UM probably has a bit of a lead on Nova because of the NYC connection that already exists, with Durand Scott '09 and Malcolm Grant on the roster. Location does not seem to be something that is a major factor for Pinkston, who has been in the national spotlight for quite some time. Tennessee made a strong push over the summer and the Vols may well be in the lead for Pinkston, though it is tough to tell which single program is the favorite. Marquette is in great position to get Jayvaughn as well. Both Bruce Pearl and Buzz Williams would love to add the athletic NYC baller to their roster. Arizona is another program with a direct connection to the Big Apple, which is where assistant coach Book Richardson is from. He has already made recruiting inroads there, and St. Raymond's (NY) forward Sidiki Johnson '11 has popped for the Wildcats already. If Pinkston wants to stay local, it appears he will choose Norm Roberts and Co. over VU, RU, and SHU. At one point St. John's was considered to be the leader, but some other programs have made major pushes after Pinkston's great summer. Although there are nearly 10 schools involved, there seem to be four at the top, with six solidly in play.

gonzalo

« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2009, 01:29:15 PM »
I don´t like it.

Poison

« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2009, 06:44:34 PM »
to get a kid like that Norm has to prove that he can get it done at St.John's. So many people are saying it that and it's always reinforced. SJU is on the way back slowly.

Nothing will drastically improve until we get guys that can play at an elite level just about every night.

I think Pinkston, Lamb and the others are waiting to see how we now that we have an experienced All-Roberts team.

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2009, 08:12:36 AM »
Weneed to win games this year to land Pinkston. I think if we make the NITor NCAA's he will come.

Poison

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2009, 11:34:29 AM »
Weneed to win games this year to land Pinkston. I think if we make the NITor NCAA's he will come.

Someone will come. And that's all that matters.

kob24

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2009, 06:22:47 PM »
how can north star say who his favorite is?

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »

Not saying it's JP's favorite.  More of like a betting line. 

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2009, 08:59:14 PM »

I'm with you on this. When I first read it I assumed it was from an interview and JP said it to him. Then when you go back and read for a second time you realize that it's just the authors's opinion.

My opinion was that Lance was coming here, and we all know how that fared!

Memo to Jayvaughn: come to Queens, we'll get Bloomy to give you the keys to the city!!!

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »
The author isn't claiming this to be fact but just his opinion. The title of the post is "Commitment Projections"
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2009, 09:08:16 AM »
Does anyone else feel that if he signs early it will not be with us.

I really hope he waits and watches the improvement in our team. He stated that he wants to play in the NCAA. We need to make the NIT or the NCAA this year to show him that we are moving in the right direction.

With only 1 or maybe 2 ships this year and we need an impact kid. I really hope he decides late and for us at St. John's

« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2009, 12:07:23 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/10/25/pinkston-collier-to-wrap-up-visits-at-seton-hall-harris-barnes-nova-updates/

Pinkston, the top player in New York City, is considering Villanova, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Marquette and Tennessee.

Kimani Young of New Heights said that after the Seton Hall visit Pinkston will either decide to sign somewhere in the fall or wait until the spring.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2009, 12:37:05 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/10/25/pinkston-collier-to-wrap-up-visits-at-seton-hall-harris-barnes-nova-updates/

Pinkston, the top player in New York City, is considering Villanova, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Marquette and Tennessee.

Kimani Young of New Heights said that after the Seton Hall visit Pinkston will either decide to sign somewhere in the fall or wait until the spring.

Bwahaha, I'm sorry....is this even news? He's going to sign now or later, ya think?