Jaren Sina - PG - Gill St. Bernard's School - Gladstone, NJ - SETON HALL

• 280 replies

kjd01067

:tickedoff:http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/102866

http://saintjohns.scout.com/a.z?s=443&p=8&c=1&nid=5095094

Not sure if his name is Jaron or Jaren.  Anybody?  Listed differently on different sites
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:29:19 PM by kjd01067 »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
I'd only seen "Jaren" in Rivals and Zags and Northstar bball.

pmg911

This kid is NOT a Big East player right now. He needs to grow a lot of fill out quite a bit.

His Dad played ball @ Bishop Ford in Brooklyn and in college at both Rhode Island & Seton Hall.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Jaren Sina, coming to midnight madness:

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/27137958690[/tweet]

Jaren Sina ’13 of New Jersey – St. John’s- It was a really cool experience seeing a little preview of the team scrimmaging. The environment was awesome. There were a lot of people in attendance and you can tell that the school is excited about the direction Coach Steve Lavin is taking the program in.

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/recruits-breakdown-midnight-madness-2010
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

This kid is NOT a Big East player right now. He needs to grow a lot of fill out quite a bit.

His Dad played ball @ Bishop Ford in Brooklyn and in college at both Rhode Island & Seton Hall.

This kid is nasty! He has great range, good handle, sees the floor well, and can create his own shot. If he grows to be even close to his dad's height he's going to be a major problem.

Jaren Sina (Lake Hopatcong, N.J./ Gill St. Bernard's)
2013, PG, 6-1, 160 pounds
Sina is a tough, competitive floor general who is very skilled. He is thin and needs to add strength and at times he over dribbles, but his list of things he does well is much longer. Sina has a tight handle, can deliver the ball with either hand and knocked down deep and midrange jumpers off the catch or dribble. Sina has a great feel for the game as well and he does a great job of keeping his dribble alive until he knows what he wants to do. Sina makes great decisions when he reads and attacks on-ball screens. He just looks like he loves to play as he attacks defenders without hesitation. Seton Hall, Rutgers, St. John's, LaSalle, Alabama, James Madison, Florida State and Georgetown have all offered. Duke, Butler, Clemson, Siena and Miami are all in the process of checking out Sina, who dropped 22 points and handed out five assists in a hard fought loss to St. Anthony's.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5938851

This kid is nasty! He has great range, good handle, sees the floor well, and can create his own shot. If he grows to be even close to his dad's height he's going to be a major problem.

I played against his Uncle at Bishop Ford. He could shoot also

[tweet]http://twitter.com/ReggieRankin/status/21948184448208897[/tweet]

Just heard that Florida Asst Rob Lanier is headed to NJ to check out c/o 2013 PG Jaren Sina this week. Sina played extremely well when I

He's going to blow up nationally. If you want to compare him and Ryan Arcidiacono as sophomores no question that Sina is better.

He's going to blow up nationally. If you want to compare him and Ryan Arcidiacono as sophomores no question that Sina is better.
I caught his game last night. He would've had a triple-double, except his dad pulled him at the beginning of the fourth--a blowout. 20 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 turnovers, 2 steals. Lanier was there for Florida and I believe I saw Donnelly of Nova as well. He's got a high skill level and a precocious feel for the game. It'll be interesting to see how much more he can grow--particularly with his current skill level. His dad is conservatively seven inches taller than him now.

If he cuts the gap to his dad's height in half I think that scary with his skill set.

A few things I'd like to see him improve is his ability to drive the ball to the basket with his left. He often crosses back over to him dominant hand when going to the rim but even this is nitpicking. He's really good.

He'll add size and strength without a doubt because he works really hard. He told me what he does in terms of workouts and wow. Kid has drive and good work ethic. 

If he cuts the gap to his dad's height in half I think that scary with his skill set.

A few things I'd like to see him improve is his ability to drive the ball to the basket with his left. He often crosses back over to him dominant hand when going to the rim but even this is nitpicking. He's really good.

He'll add size and strength without a doubt because he works really hard. He told me what he does in terms of workouts and wow. Kid has drive and good work ethic. 

He still gives up his handle too quickly, which results in his jump passes, and could be even more effective if he changed speeds frequently, but, at this level, he won't have to worry about that until the state playoffs. He's got a beautiful stroke and immense range, but his shooting percentage would be even higher, if he cut down on some "bad" shots. As with Kyrie, I think he'd benefit at the next level from transferring to a better program and learning how to play alongside other high-caliber players, but, with his parents both affiliated with the school, he'll probably stick it out.

can we change the title, and get his name right please...it's "Jaren"

[tweet]http://twitter.com/ReggieRankin/status/26323247666565120[/tweet]

2013 PG Jaren Sina (Gill St. Bernard"s, NJ) drops 32 points and hands out 7 assist last night. Sina has been playing very well this season.

Shockingly...Sina just committed to Alabama

I talked with Sina a few weeks ago and he said he had 5 offers Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, LaSalle, James Madison.

In the article posted above David Berov reported that he had offers from Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Rhode Island, Alabama, La Salle, Rutgers, James Madison, Florida State, Georgetown and St. John’s.

Meaning he picked up another 5 offers. He certainly didn't visit all of these schools and I find it odd that he would commit. Either Evan got a bad scoop or I doubt this commitment sticks

Moose

I talked with Sina a few weeks ago and he said he had 5 offers Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, LaSalle, James Madison.

In the article posted above David Berov reported that he had offers from Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Rhode Island, Alabama, La Salle, Rutgers, James Madison, Florida State, Georgetown and St. John’s.

Meaning he picked up another 5 offers. He certainly didn't visit all of these schools and I find it odd that he would commit. Either Evan got a bad scoop or I doubt this commitment sticks

Did Evan break it or did Kline?
Remember who broke the Slice news

I find it hard to believe Jaren called up Alex Kline to break the news but he does have quotes to support it. I'd put my money on Evan though. Either way its unbelievable the hustle Kline has for getting stuff out there.