Beejay Anya - PF - Dematha HS - Hyattsville, Md - NC STATE

• 50 replies
Re: Beejay Anya - PF - Dematha HS - Hyattsville, Md
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2011, 09:44:35 PM »
I spoke with him the same day. He hasn't gone on any visits, hasn't talked to any coaches, hasn't thought about recruiting process yet. He was focused on getting in shape and playing ball. His recruitment will narrow in the summer.

I'd give Cuse an early jump on his recruiting. They have a good relationship with Keith Stevens his AAU coach which is what helped Jeremi Grant's recruitment there. Also Cuse has a good track record with bigs lately.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2011, 11:52:40 PM »
I spoke with him the same day. He hasn't gone on any visits, hasn't talked to any coaches, hasn't thought about recruiting process yet. He was focused on getting in shape and playing ball. His recruitment will narrow in the summer.

I'd give Cuse an early jump on his recruiting. They have a good relationship with Keith Stevens his AAU coach which is what helped Jeremi Grant's recruitment there. Also Cuse has a good track record with bigs lately.

Think we can make that list once he narrows it?

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 09:18:53 PM »

Think we can make that list once he narrows it?

Sure but I don't think St. John's will pursue. They have stronger relationships elsewhere that they'll probably go to instead of playing catchup or investing more time/effort here.

NYCoffey

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »
http://hot100hoops.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&Itemid=100&id=4885

still on his list as of now. Will probably trim it down this summer.

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 12:52:06 AM »
no shot.

Moose

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 08:46:12 AM »
no shot.

Who has a shot for him
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »
Dinkins posted this on RM yesterday;  surprised more people haven't commented on it:

According to an NBE article:

"Indiana is just one of the top programs Anya is currently considering."

“Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, Syracuse, Maryland, Georgetown, Connecticut, Ohio State, Villanova, Pittsburgh, St. John’s, and the list goes on,” said Anya.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0714/nike-global-challenge-recruiting-notes/

I know Dave said no shot, but is it possible we're trying to get back on Beejay?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:07:05 PM by desco80 »

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »
Highly unlikely IMO.

crgreen

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2012, 03:34:08 AM »
Don't think I've seen this mentioned on the board.   But per Daniel Martin (was checking his tweens for his update on Rysheeds status), Bejay commited last week to Mark Gottfried and North Carolina State.

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
Don't think I've seen this mentioned on the board.   But per Daniel Martin (was checking his tweens for his update on Rysheeds status), Bejay commited last week to Mark Gottfried and North Carolina State.
Gottfried was run out of Alabama and has been killing it on recruiting trail. Hate to say it but has recruited and gotten better on court results than coach Lavin imho.

Moose

Re: Beejay Anya - PF - Dematha HS - Hyattsville, Md - NC STATE
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2012, 01:57:31 PM »
Gottfried was run out of Alabama and has been killing it on recruiting trail. Hate to say it but has recruited and gotten better on court results than coach Lavin imho.

Lav and Gottfried are close- CR can expand on that.

I like Gottfried and think they will finish ahead of either Duke or UNC this year in the ACC.  But pressure is on.  McDonalds AA's on his team and high hopes this year off a very similar 1st year to what Lavin had here.  I know NCSU advanced in NCAA's and I think we would have with DJ healthy.
Remember who broke the Slice news