Aquille Carr - PG - Patterson - Baltimore, MD

• 82 replies

MVRT13

Re: Aquille Carr - PG - Patterson - Baltimore, MD
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »
Is he really 19 years old?

Sure doesnt look it :)

You're right Moose, I misunderstood a comment somewhere else.  They were saying he'll graduate in 2013 and be 19 or 20 years old.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 02:24:49 PM »
He was supposed to play in the Elite 24 this weekend, but was warned that he may lose his high school eligibility.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-08-24/sports/bs-va-sp-aquille-carr-0825-20110824_1_aquille-carr-eligibility-patterson

Dumb
I guess that's why Carr was able to play to the tune of 21 pts, 10 assts, 7 rebs.  It was stupid to say he couldn't play due to the possible interpretation of that rule.  For those that watched, did you see what he did to Nate Britt at times with his crossover? Nate is quick as they come, but Aquille is even quicker.  Both have an uncanny ability to get to the hole.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:25:30 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 06:35:39 PM »
He was supposed to play in the Elite 24 this weekend, but was warned that he may lose his high school eligibility.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-08-24/sports/bs-va-sp-aquille-carr-0825-20110824_1_aquille-carr-eligibility-patterson

Dumb
I guess that's why Carr was able to play to the tune of 21 pts, 10 assts, 7 rebs.  It was stupid to say he couldn't play due to the possible interpretation of that rule.  For those that watched, did you see what he did to Nate Britt at times with his crossover? Nate is quick as they come, but Aquille is even quicker.  Both have an uncanny ability to get to the hole.

Carr is one of, if not the quickest player in the country. Britt is not and if I had to find one flaw in his game it would be his lateral speed defensively. However if I want to win a game I'd take Britt over Carr any day.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 06:36:10 PM »
Is he really 19 years old?

Sure doesnt look it :)

You're right Moose, I misunderstood a comment somewhere else.  They were saying he'll graduate in 2013 and be 19 or 20 years old.

Yes he is pretty old.

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 11:05:55 AM »
I love his game he is one of those napoleon  complex type player who can just will a team to victory.he needs to refine his game but used right can be a really good college player.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Moose

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 04:13:16 PM »
Per 5 Star Basketball-

Aquille Carr says his current top 5 is UConn, Syracuse, Memphis, Kentucky & Seton Hall. He said all have offered.
Remember who broke the Slice news

gman

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »
Per 5 Star Basketball-

Aquille Carr says his current top 5 is UConn, Syracuse, Memphis, Kentucky & Seton Hall. He said all have offered.

What's the lyrics to the Sesame Street song?

One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things just doesn't belong.

How did SHU make his final five?  The kid can flat out score.

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
I'd be shocked if he ever qualifies, he misses about 70% of the time, plays defense about 10% of the time, but he is really exciting to watch because of his size.

ris

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »
“Probably the ones that I’ve seen that express the most interest are Seton Hall, Baylor, Loyola Marymount and Xavier,” Martin told SNY.tv by phone Tuesday. “They are probably the top four that have really been around.”

Martin has also heard from Texas, Oklahoma State and DePaul.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/12/20/four-working-hardest-on-aquille-carr/

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »
wow!  this kid is nice!  i know lav like's long guys, but this type of player can break down a zone to open it up for the others.  if he lives up to the hype, can quickly become one of the most exciting college players in the country.

Moose

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 10:13:01 AM »
“Probably the ones that I’ve seen that express the most interest are Seton Hall, Baylor, Loyola Marymount and Xavier,” Martin told SNY.tv by phone Tuesday. “They are probably the top four that have really been around.”

Odd mix of teams again.

sju89tr

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 10:54:53 AM »

Odd mix of teams again.

That usually means offers are not firm.

Moose

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 10:43:05 PM »
He's saying on Twitter he's thinking about committing tomorrow.

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 02:21:50 PM »
Willard getting the PG he'll need....Carr is quick as lightning, Earl Boykins quick...and tall....

https://twitter.com/scoutsfocus/status/155363328586301441
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:22:24 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »
Seton Hall!

I'd love to see this stick. He'd be really fun to watch in the Big East. Could be what Seton Hall needs to get the ball rolling in recruiting.

Moose

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
Seton Hall!

I'd love to see this stick. He'd be really fun to watch in the Big East. Could be what Seton Hall needs to get the ball rolling in recruiting.

My thought exactly about sticking.  I don't see this staying and its too bad because he would be fun to watch.
Thought Hall wanted Sina real bad.  Can't have both.  I guess positive would be it puts us in better Sina position.

gman

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 03:56:07 PM »
Doesn't he have grades.issues?

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
You have to actually show up and take tests to have grade issues.  Unless you live in baltimore
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 06:55:57 AM »
There was quote from the kid on Twitter yesterday; something along the lines that he "pretty sure" he would end up going to Seton Hall, I guess his verbal committment doesn't mean that much to him.

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »
His coach said he has not committed anywhere
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!