Joe Uchebo - C - Chipola JC - Raleigh, NC - PITTSBURGH

• 116 replies

desco80

Re: Joe Uchebo - C - Chipola JC(FL)
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »
So are we recruiting this kid or not?   Rankin's comments seem to indicate we are, and that it wasn't just smoke.

But I gotta believe that all else being equal, Pitt would have an advantage (besides the relationship) Pitt seems to have a lot more playing time available.

Moose

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
So are we recruiting this kid or not?   Rankin's comments seem to indicate we are, and that it wasn't just smoke.

But I gotta believe that all else being equal, Pitt would have an advantage (besides the relationship) Pitt seems to have a lot more playing time available.

I think Rankin is very good at what he does.  So I will side with Yes.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 12:29:49 PM »

Just to be clear Rankin retweeted the following. Unless I missed it, I have not seen info directly from him.

“@NextUpRecruits: 6'11 Soph Joe Uchebo Chipola C(FL) will take his 1st official visit Tom. to the University of Pitt! St Johns and Oklahoma also still in hunt”

ras

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
Where does the scholi come from?

Marillac

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »

Agree.  Rankin is top notch.

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »

If they are really recruiting him, then they must know somebody is transferring for sure

Poison

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2013, 08:46:15 PM »

The only one that makes sense is Marco. For all we know he's content not playing in games next season, getting his degree and going back to France with a degree from a top 150 academic institution.

Moose

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »

The only one that makes sense is Marco. For all we know he's content not playing in games next season, getting his degree and going back to France with a degree from a top 150 academic institution.

He's looking forward to playing in Europe FOR us this summer.
It won't be him.

LJSA

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »

I still think where there was Harvard smoke, there was fire. I'm not sure GGA comes back until we make it to June without news of a transfer.

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2013, 12:45:57 AM »

I still think where there was Harvard smoke, there was fire. I'm not sure GGA comes back until we make it to June without news of a transfer.

That's fine if you can find smoke beyond ridiculous conjecture on one of the boards.  Just like the ACC thread presently active, just because some yahoo posts it on JJ or RM doesn't make it smoke.

LJSA

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2013, 01:20:49 AM »
I don't even remember who first posted it, but I'm not sure I thought the poster was a yahoo at the time.

As of this morning, I thought there were three candidates for transfer -- and Moose just eliminated Marco. I think it comes down to Jones and GGA. And if it were Jones and he's replaced by Uchebo, if I were GGA I'd probably think about transferring anyway since Uchebo would cut into my minutes.

I have no clue if GGA has been taking grad classes already at St. John's. But if he's not and can get into a better school for grad school and get some more minutes on the court, I'm not going to be shocked if he pulls the trigger.

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2013, 09:47:34 AM »
I'm the Yahoo! I just reported what I heard---with the caveat that I didn't really believe it.  My source has since told me that his source (whom he deems reliable) has confirmed that it is a done deal.  I still don't know that it is true.  While I know who the second source is, I don't know where he gets his info from or whether it is reliable.

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2013, 10:08:41 AM »
I'm the Yahoo! I just reported what I heard---with the caveat that I didn't really believe it.  My source has since told me that his source (whom he deems reliable) has confirmed that it is a done deal.  I still don't know that it is true.  While I know who the second source is, I don't know where he gets his info from or whether it is reliable.
I had to read this 10 times and I'm still not sure whose source is who. lol

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2013, 10:22:08 AM »
A friend of mine told me that a friend of his told him.  Where that person got the information from, I don't know. 

MCNPA

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2013, 10:43:33 AM »
A friend of mine told me that a friend of his told him.  Where that person got the information from, I don't know.

Just to clarify, rumor is Uchebo is a done deal to come here or that Gift will transfer?

paultzman

« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
Pitt will get him IMO.

Gumby

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
Pitt will get him IMO.
You are spoiling Red's (or is it Yahoo Man) posts by being so direct. 
I do not think I have been so confused as reading Red's (Yahoo Man) two posts.  Red, I did confirm your post by talking to my gardener's cousin's deli man's godson, who got his information from his aunt's hairstyler's boy friend's cleaner's newspaper delivery person.  So you are right on!

By the way Paultzman, who is Pitt getting Joe, Red (aka Yahoo Man), or one of Red's contacts?

Moose

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »

Just to clarify, rumor is Uchebo is a done deal to come here or that Gift will transfer?

He's saying Gift will transfer.

Poison

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2013, 02:22:52 PM »

He's saying Gift will transfer.

I really hope this isn't the case. We have a big man who's bee. In the program for 2 years now. He's had ample time to work on his weaknesses. Guys get better. 9 points and 5.6 rebounds isn't bad. He can really help this team.

He certainly help everyone study.

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
If its gift or jones, I'd much rather jones stick around.  Gift is looking at 10 mpg or less and is gone after this year.  I'd sign up for jones and uchebo right now