Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO - BAYLOR

• 263 replies

paultzman

Re: Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2012, 08:41:15 PM »
At least we are on list fwiw.

“@TheRecruitScoop: Arizona offered Ishmail Wainright tonight. Here's my story on the 2013 Team Takeover SF who has around 25 suitors - http://t.co/InVa1JTQ

Chilleb

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2012, 09:27:06 PM »
At least we are on list fwiw.

“@TheRecruitScoop: Arizona offered Ishmail Wainright tonight. Here's my story on the 2013 Team Takeover SF who has around 25 suitors - http://t.co/InVa1JTQ
Where just decoration

paultzman

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2012, 09:31:16 PM »
Know we are not landing him, but he will be a solid player. Also has a great attitude and works hard.

« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2012, 02:05:01 PM »
Per Kline Wainwright is down to 12 schools and no surprise SJU is not on the list: Florida, Syracuse, Baylor, UCLA, Ohio St, Duke, Oklahoma St, Texas, Arizona, Tulsa, NC St and SMU.

Moose

« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2012, 02:05:54 PM »
Per Kline Wainwright is down to 12 schools and no surprise SJU is not on the list: Florida, Syracuse, Baylor, UCLA, Ohio St, Duke, Oklahoma St, Texas, Arizona, Tulsa, NC St and SMU.

Remember when STJ, Mizzou and Gtown lead? ha
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »

Remember when STJ, Mizzou and Gtown lead? ha

And Kansas as well as UCLA.  And he talked about a package deal with some of his guys to Kentucky.

paultzman

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
Assume we are not in it for this kid, but I pass this on for folks with access.

“@NYCHoops: http://t.co/yR16g2tN - Ishmail Wainright talks about the #RedStorm http://t.co/0yxFCcuz #STJBB #stjohns #bigeast”

Moose

« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »
Assume we are not in it for this kid, but I pass this on for folks with access.

“@NYCHoops: http://t.co/yR16g2tN - Ishmail Wainright talks about the #RedStorm http://t.co/0yxFCcuz #STJBB #stjohns #bigeast”

Along with those schools, Wainright said that he is also being pursued to some extent by the likes of Villanova, Georgetown, Arkansas, St. John's, Louisville, and Alabama. He said he holds offers from every school on both this list and the longer one.

"They were involved, but I haven't heard from them in a little while," Wainright said of the St. John's Red Storm.

Despite the fact that the Johnnies have been in touch much of late, Wainright said he would still be open to the Big East school.
"I'm pretty sure [I would be]," Wainright said. "It depends on how hard they come at me."

Wainright talked about his thoughts on St. John's at this point in time.

"They haven't been talking to me, but I really like coach [Steve] Lavin," Wainright said. "Their program is great. I have a guy [I know] from KC playing on the team right now, Jamal Branch. We grew up playing football on the same team."

Wainright, who said he no longer competes on the gridiron, noted that Branch is not trying to recruit him to come to St. John's.
"No, I haven't talked to him," Wainright said. "I just know him."

Asked about his thoughts on going to New York City for college, Wainright replied, "I've never been there. I wouldn't mind visiting."

paultzman

« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
Thanks Moose!

« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »
Sounds like we did not like our chances with him and have moved on.

He is all over the map.  He just did an interview with the Duke site at scout.com and indicated how excited he was about getting a Duke offer recently.

Terrific talent, would be nice if we could get in tight with him again.

« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
 Hearing we may not be dead yet with this kid fwiw.

« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »
Hearing we may not be dead yet with this kid fwiw.

hope its true. Love his game
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »
Wainwright's school fwiw;

H“@DanielJMartin_: St. John's coach Steve Lavin to take part in coaching clinic at Montrose Christian on Oct. 6. Jay Wright, Tony Bennett also among attendees.”

« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »
BTW-For the record it appears he spells his last name withOUT the second "W", W-A-I-N-R-I-G-H-T.

NYCoffey

« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2012, 03:57:59 PM »
1m 

dam Zagoria  @AdamZagoria   

Larry Brown is having a home visit today with Ish Wainrigh

desco80

« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2012, 08:18:05 PM »
1m

dam Zagoria  @AdamZagoria   

This I don't understand.   If you're looking at Florida, Syracuse, Duke, UCLA, Arizona etc why even entertain SMU?   They have no basketball success to rely on, there's no assurance Brown will still be there in 2 years, and they're stepping up into a conference were they're likely to struggle during your first few years in college.   I don't see the upside, unless you really think Larry Brown is going to get you to the NBA.  But I'd have a lot more faith in Thad Motta, Boehim, Donovan, Howland etc.  They're still hungry, is Larry???

Makes no sense to me. 

gman

« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »
1m

This I don't understand.   If you're looking at Florida, Syracuse, Duke, UCLA, Arizona etc why even entertain SMU?   They have no basketball success to rely on, there's no assurance Brown will still be there in 2 years, and they're stepping up into a conference were they're likely to struggle during your first few years in college.   I don't see the upside, unless you really think Larry Brown is going to get you to the NBA.  But I'd have a lot more faith in Thad Motta, Boehim, Donovan, Howland etc.  They're still hungry, is Larry???

Makes no sense to me.

Ask the Harrison twins. They have smu in their final 3

Moose

« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
1m

Makes no sense to me.

Return of the Pony Express?

desco80

« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »
1m

Makes no sense to me.

Return of the Pony Express?

Has to be, why else would high level prospects go to SMU for a coach who changes addresses like I change shirts?
And I thought it was a forgone conclusion that the Harrisons would end up at Maryland?  Isnt that the prevailing wisdom?

paultzman

« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2012, 09:00:01 AM »
“@AdamZagoria: Montrose Christian wing Ish Wainright was visited yesterday by #stjbb coach Steve Lavin, source tells @SNYtv”