Jordan Washington - PF - Pathways College Prep - Queens, NY

• 84 replies
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Washington-117160

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/104706/jordan-washington

Per ESPN Recruiting....

Jordan Washington (Queens, N.Y./Pathways College Prep)
2013, C, 6-7, 225 pounds | Team: New Heights
College: Undecided
Washington was a man among boys in the U-16 division. He's built like an NFL lineman with dancer's feet in the mold of Robert "Tractor" Traylor. He has incredible muscle mass and power to carve out space inside the paint along with the mobility to run the court charging downhill and quickly change direction. He plays with a ton of emotion that can sometimes be a liability but could eventually turn into an asset if he learns to harness it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6465017

NYCoffey

Re: Jordan Washington - PF - Pathways College Prep - Queens, NY
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:49:32 AM »
NBE's write up on him this weekend.

Jordan Washington (New Heights 2013) – At 6’7” 225 pounds Washington is a load in the paint at the 16U level. He has very broad shoulders and a muscular frame that allow him to bully opponents in the paint. Most of Washington’s scoring is done from right at the rim as he uses his quick feet and wide body to create space and has no problem absorbing contact and still putting the ball in the basket. He does have a tendency to pick up cheap offensive fouls because he is so much stronger than most defenders in his age group and loves to initiate contact. Going forward, he will need to learn how to channel his aggressiveness down low so that it can work in his favor but there is no doubt he has potential to be a low post scoring option at the high-major level.

Jordan Washington – Washington is undecided on whether he will return to Pathways for his junior season or seek a prep school option and won’t make a decision until later in the summer. He has received early interest from Villanova, Notre Dame and Oregon.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:25:43 PM »
Pathways HS Jordan Washington will be at NIA Prep in Newark, NJ next season per NYCHoops.net.
Remember who broke the Slice news

gonzalo

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/TheRecruitScoop/status/90820946507726849

2013 big man Jordan Washington of New Heights lists Arizona, Nova, Notre Dame, Tennessee & Miami.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 04:40:40 PM »
Playing at IMG next year reported by the recruit scoop

kob24

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »
he is going to nova. he is in love with that school

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »

They were all over him all summer. He needs to get into better shape.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 05:47:55 PM »

They were all over him all summer. He needs to get into better shape.

Kind of like the guy they already have coming in?  Markus Kennedy?

ris

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 09:53:46 AM »
Jordan Washington, who says he may soon commit to Villanova, has Pathways College Prep on the rise.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/jordan-washington-commit-villanova-pathways-college-prep-rise-article-1.990076

Chilleb

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »
Jordan Washington, who says he may soon commit to Villanova, has Pathways College Prep on the rise.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/jordan-washington-commit-villanova-pathways-college-prep-rise-article-1.990076

This would be another shame to have an absolute stud born and raised in queens commit to an outsider, this kid has his problems but he also has pro potential!! [legit] . Really hope the staff can do something before its to late. This kid is the goods!!

Moose

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 06:19:34 PM »

This would be another shame to have an absolute stud born and raised in queens commit to an outsider, this kid has his problems but he also has pro potential!! [legit] . Really hope the staff can do something before its to late. This kid is the goods!!

I think it was dead from the start. Being a Kimani kid pretty much makes Nova a slam dunk, no?

Chilleb

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 09:29:28 PM »

I think it was dead from the start. Being a Kimani kid pretty much makes Nova a slam dunk, no?

Yea you make a good point there but I had always thought we were involved, everything I read always had us mentioned until this article above

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
sounds like we are focused on Lawrence instead.

Moose

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 11:37:03 PM »
What a disaster.  Sorry Chilleb.  I don't know how this kid can be anywhere close to the best player in the PSAL.

He has horrible on court demeanour for starters which turns me off.  He has no touch.  Think he had 3 points.  Out of control with the ball. Traveled twice down low.  2 blatant charges where he channeled his inner Sean Evans/Magic Johnson trying to go coast to coast.  Then got tee'd up as well.  4 first half fouls.  Then you never saw him again.  Heights went with Obekpa, Flex, Jenkins, Williams and someone else, Harland (sp).  Washington needs a swift kick because he's had too many twinkies and grape soda  :2funny:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:37:23 PM by Moose »

Poison

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 11:41:09 PM »
What a disaster.  Sorry Chilleb.  I don't know how this kid can be anywhere close to the best player in the PSAL.

He has horrible on court demeanour for starters which turns me off.  He has no touch.  Think he had 3 points.  Out of control with the ball. Traveled twice down low.  2 blatant charges where he channeled his inner Sean Evans/Magic Johnson trying to go coast to coast.  Then got tee'd up as well.  4 first half fouls.  Then you never saw him again.  Heights went with Obekpa, Flex, Jenkins, Williams and someone else, Harland (sp).  Washington needs a swift kick because he's had too
many twinkies and grape soda  :2funny:

He sounds like a NYC high school basketball legend.

Chilleb

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 12:49:21 AM »

He has horrible on court demeanour for starters which turns me off.  He has no touch.  Think he had 3 points.  Out of control with the ball. Traveled twice down low.  2 blatant charges where he channeled his inner Sean Evans/Magic Johnson trying to go coast to coast.  Then got tee'd up as well.  4 first half fouls.  Then you never saw him again.  Heights went with Obekpa, Flex, Jenkins, Williams and someone else, Harland (sp).  Washington needs a swift kick because he's had too many twinkies and grape soda  :2funny:
Lol I can't argue I told you the kid is not disciplined and out of shape but you caught him on a Bad day, the kid is really talented. Don't get all those accolades with to many of those performances

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 01:53:25 AM »

Lol I can't argue I told you the kid is not disciplined and out of shape but you caught him on a Bad day, the kid is really talented. Don't get all those accolades with to many of those performances

I think he's benefitted from being the biggest kid on the block. That catches up to you at the next level.

I don't think he's a poor player but I don't think he's a great player. Personally I'd look in another direction recruiting but thats just my own taste. As for Villanova, Jay Wright followed Jordan Washington around all summer, this is no surprise.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 02:15:16 AM »

I think he's benefitted from being the biggest kid on the block. That catches up to you at the next level.

I don't think he's a poor player but I don't think he's a great player. Personally I'd look in another direction recruiting but thats just my own taste. As for Villanova, Jay Wright followed Jordan Washington around all summer, this is no surprise.

Which brings us to guys like Jermaine Lawrence and Chris McCullough...

Moose

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 08:49:17 AM »

Wright has another fairly out of shape big man in Markus Kennedy who I think is light years better than what I saw from Jordan last night.