Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

paultzman

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »
Wonder what his Rens team will be doing this summer.  I don't know much about the Rens, just heard from some other knowledgable posters they were an old program that hit the skids and are now rebounding.

Would love to see them! if you or anyone has info, let me know. Thx!

paultzman

« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2012, 07:42:47 PM »
Wonder what his Rens team will be doing this summer.  I don't know much about the Rens, just heard from some other knowledgable posters they were an old program that hit the skids and are now rebounding.

schedule on web site

http://therens.org/

Moose

« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2012, 07:49:25 PM »

schedule on web site

http://therens.org/

Snazzy site.  Good to see they are at the Rumble.  I will check them out there.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
Comments on Facey as well. Jermaine's length, as per photo, is rediculous.

“@ECoastBias: #stjbb recruiting update: interest rising in 2013 forwards Kentan Facey, Jermaine Lawrence http://t.co/OE5261bX

paultzman

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »
“@jeffborzello: And my cover today ... Spring Forward: 12 players who raised their stock during the April live period: http://t.co/ZdYsxtRD

Jermaine blowing up!

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »
“@jeffborzello: And my cover today ... Spring Forward: 12 players who raised their stock during the April live period: http://t.co/ZdYsxtRD

Jermaine blowing up!
Yep.  all of you knew he would if he plays the whole way.  Good for Jermaine - I hope he feels he fits in at St. John's.

boo3

« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2012, 06:05:28 PM »
  ‏ @JonRothstein
Everything is effortless for Jermaine Lawrence. When he decides he wants to score, the ball is going in the basket. Big time talent.

‏ @JonRothstein
Legit. Rutgers and Cincy also strong @gregschneider: STJ chances for Jermaine Lawrence?

paultzman

« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »
Savino quite a valuable assistant coach at Cinci!

paultzman

« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2012, 11:30:34 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Lawrence Wins MVP at Mary Kline, Recruiting Heating Up... http://t.co/whvLCB1z @mainestory44 @Coachhasson”

Happy

« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2012, 12:19:46 AM »

Heard tonight that cincy is really really strong with Jermaine .

Marillac

« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2012, 02:13:06 AM »

I can't see Lawrence at Cincy.  Once we start winning Lavin will ABC it.  Hopefully Moe goes high first round!

LJSA

« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2012, 06:09:32 AM »
Cincy is seriously starting to piss me off.

paultzman

« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2012, 07:24:27 AM »

I can't see Lawrence at Cincy.  Once we start winning Lavin will ABC it.  Hopefully Moe goes high first round!

Article notes we "remain in it"Long way to go, but don't underestimate Savino and Cronin IMO.

Lawrence's meteoric rise continues with Mary Kline Classic MVP - NYPOST.com http://nyp.st/JLWSAn via @newyorkpost

Gumby

« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »
I do not blame Cronin and company for going after our potential recruits.  That is college BB recruitment. We need to offer somethings that Cincy and the others do not have.

We will be underdogs to get Jermaine, as he will be a highly sought after recruit by not only Cincy, but by the top BB schools.  We need to have a strong showing this upcoming season.  Not only does our team need to win, but they need to be exciting.  Recruits look for both qualities. 

We had a down year last season due mainly to Coach's illness.  He and the team need to demonstrate that we are the place to be.  Afterall, we have Coach and his great staff, a good team chemistry, and MSG.

It would also help if Coach pulls in Chris O.

sju89tr

« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »
I do not blame Cronin and company for going after our potential recruits.  That is college BB recruitment. We need to offer somethings that Cincy and the others do not have.

We will be underdogs to get Jermaine, as he will be a highly sought after recruit by not only Cincy, but by the top BB schools.  We need to have a strong showing this upcoming season.  Not only does our team need to win, but they need to be exciting.  Recruits look for both qualities. 

We had a down year last season due mainly to Coach's illness.  He and the team need to demonstrate that we are the place to be.  Afterall, we have Coach and his great staff, a good team chemistry, and MSG.

It would also help if Coach pulls in Chris O.

The illness had nothing to do with our down season. We lost our ENTIRE team after NCAA appearance. Even if everyone had qualified, we would still have not made the tournament.

We almost have a full roster, I expect to battling for an NCAA bid.

Trust me when things are going well, Cincinnati despite Cronin and Savino will have nothing on us. 

Moose

« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2012, 10:30:21 AM »

Not as strong as us.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »

Not as strong as us.

Good, let's keep working!!!!

desco80

« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »
Does anyone have a sense of if Lawrence is the type of kid who will be easily persuaded by some of the big programs trying to get involved with him?    Sometimes a kid who's only visited Rutgers and Cinncinnati can get wowed pretty easily when the UCLAs and Kansases start calling,

boo3

« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
Does anyone have a sense of if Lawrence is the type of kid who will be easily persuaded by some of the big programs trying to get involved with him?    Sometimes a kid who's only visited Rutgers and Cinncinnati can get wowed pretty easily when the UCLAs and Kansases start calling,

It looks like everyone is going to want this kid. From all accounts, he is that good. Rothstein was gushing about him. It will basically come down to whether he wants to stay home or go away.  He could probably pick any school he wants.

You would probably not be human if you don't get persuaded by the UCLA's and UK's when you compare to Cincy and RU, and STJ, to a certain extent.

Lets hope he wants to play where he's home, plays at MSG, our style of ball, and tons of PT ( he'll get there anywhere though).

« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2012, 02:08:04 PM »

It looks like everyone is going to want this kid. From all accounts, he is that good. Rothstein was gushing about him. It will basically come down to whether he wants to stay home or go away.  He could probably pick any school he wants.

You would probably not be human if you don't get persuaded by the UCLA's and UK's when you compare to Cincy and RU, and STJ, to a certain extent.

Lets hope he wants to play where he's home, plays at MSG, our style of ball, and tons of PT ( he'll get there anywhere though).

NYC takes a backseat to nowhere, imo.  MSG is a fantastic home venue.  Lavin has already proven that he can recruit with anyone  and our staff is second to none.

The only thing lacking is a better fanbase---including the belief that we are as attractive a destination as just about any other school.  I can't wait until every game at MSG is a sea of red.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=youtube+st+johns+pitt

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:18:42 PM by simplyred »