Class of 2011 Final RSCI Rankings

• 16 replies
Class of 2011 Final RSCI Rankings
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:33:50 PM »
The Recruiting Services Consensus Index came out with their final rankings index for the class of 2011 on 6/28.  Participating services this year are:  Prep Stars combined rankings (Oettinger/Harrington), Hot 100 Hoops (Van Coleman), ESPN (Telep), Scout and Rivals.

Didn 't see a thread on it so thought I'd post. 

St John's Recruits final rankings.

35.  Dom Pointer
38.  Mo Harkless
40.  Jakarr Sampson
47.  D'angelo Harrison
51.  Norvel Pelle
73.  Amir Garrett

Marillac

Re: Class of 2011 Final RSCI Rankings
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
Just beautiful....

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 09:25:33 PM »

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »
Offtopic, but has anyone seen Brad Beal play? Florida is going to have some backcourt

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:29:17 PM »
Offtopic, but has anyone seen Brad Beal play? Florida is going to have some backcourt

I'd take him over rivers anyday
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »

Saw him a few times at the Peach Jam.  I'm a big fan of his game.  He's smooth and always seems to have a good attitude on the floor.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23:30 PM »

Saw him a few times at the Peach Jam.  I'm a big fan of his game.  He's smooth and always seems to have a good attitude on the floor.

Thanks fellas. If Florida has someone who can play down low with Patric Young, they are a top 5 team imo.

Also Nick Johnson at 22? Now Ive only seen clips, but Johnson impressed the hell out of me. Would have loved him at St Johns. I take him over Tony Wroten

Moose

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:41 PM »

Thanks fellas. If Florida has someone who can play down low with Patric Young, they are a top 5 team imo.

Also Nick Johnson at 22? Now Ive only seen clips, but Johnson impressed the hell out of me. Would have loved him at St Johns. I take him over Tony Wroten

Nick has moments when hes out of control or disappears.  His athleticism is off the charts and he has that special swagger.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 11:39:16 PM »
The Recruiting Services Consensus Index came out with their final rankings index for the class of 2011 on 6/28.  Participating services this year are:  Prep Stars combined rankings (Oettinger/Harrington), Hot 100 Hoops (Van Coleman), ESPN (Telep), Scout and Rivals.

Didn 't see a thread on it so thought I'd post. 

St John's Recruits final rankings.

35.  Dom Pointer
38.  Mo Harkless
40.  Jakarr Sampson
47.  D'angelo Harrison
51.  Norvel Pelle
73.  Amir Garrett

Amazing class, regardless of the fact that it is Lavin's first here.  It's notmeven including our two top 5 JUCO players nor Phil Greene.  Damn, things are getting exciting!

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »

Best scorer in the nation. 

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 02:40:32 PM »
 Yes we have a great class but it pales in comparrison to Norm's class lead by the immortal Ricky Torres.  :idiot2: :uglystupid2: :crazy2:

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 03:28:59 AM »
Video of Harkless from Nike EYBL last year taking it to #5 RSCI Quincy Miller (number 30 in blue and white colors). 
Maurice Harkless St. John's Bound @ Nike EYBL / Meet Me @ The Rim Blog
At 06 seconds Mo posts, then faces, then shoots a jumper over Quincy
At 16 seconds, Mo kills Quincy with a shot fake on the perimeter and finishes inside with an and one
At 20 seconds Mo beats Quincy down the court for an easy layup
At 24 seconds Mo gets an offensive rebound with Quincy on his hip and finishes
At 27 seconds Mo just blows by Quincy from the top of the key for an easy layup

Quincy is listed between 6-8 and 6-10 and Mo between 6'6 and 6'8, but they look to be the exact same height (and weight).  Looking at two players like this that appear to be the same size with similar skillsets and playing evenly (Q takes it to Mo a little bit in his highlight), it's not surprising that some guys ranked much lower pass top 10 talent at the next level.

Not a lot separates our guys from the top players in the country.  How much of a difference is there between #4 Beal and D'Angelo Harrison?  #8 Lebryan Nash and Dom Pointer?  What about #11 Khem Birch and Sampson?  Didn't those two just plain even at IS8?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:30:50 AM by Marillac »

MCNPA

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 06:40:41 AM »
Video of Harkless from Nike EYBL last year taking it to #5 RSCI Quincy Miller (number 30 in blue and white colors). 
Maurice Harkless St. John's Bound @ Nike EYBL / Meet Me @ The Rim Blog
At 06 seconds Mo posts, then faces, then shoots a jumper over Quincy
At 16 seconds, Mo kills Quincy with a shot fake on the perimeter and finishes inside with an and one
At 20 seconds Mo beats Quincy down the court for an easy layup
At 24 seconds Mo gets an offensive rebound with Quincy on his hip and finishes
At 27 seconds Mo just blows by Quincy from the top of the key for an easy layup

Quincy is listed between 6-8 and 6-10 and Mo between 6'6 and 6'8, but they look to be the exact same height (and weight).  Looking at two players like this that appear to be the same size with similar skillsets and playing evenly (Q takes it to Mo a little bit in his highlight), it's not surprising that some guys ranked much lower pass top 10 talent at the next level.

Not a lot separates our guys from the top players in the country.  How much of a difference is there between #4 Beal and D'Angelo Harrison?  #8 Lebryan Nash and Dom Pointer?  What about #11 Khem Birch and Sampson?  Didn't those two just plain even at IS8?

Actually I heard Jakarr outplayed Birch.  Even Birch In one of the articles commented on how difficult it was to guard Jakarr.  Jakarr is Birch's size, but is much better offensively and has much more skill in the open court, handling the ball etc.  Birch is a springy guy, who plays very hard and is a very hood rebounder and shot blocker, but lacks equivalent offensive skill set.  He rocketed to the top of the rankings but IMO is a little bit overrated in terms of ranking.  They have him as a top 10 guy, but I don't see it with his lack of offense and him being a bit shorter than he was listed this past year. 

Moose

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 06:59:52 AM »
Marcus-

You had to pick the one video of Moe playing for the Gauchos didn't you ;)

MCNPA

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
Marcus-

It was Marillac, not me.  Notice the absence of typos... ;)

Moose

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:03 AM »
Marcus-

It was Marillac, not me.  Notice the absence of typos... ;)

My bad.  Good point about the typos ;)  I was going to get an iPad but your scaring me.

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
Marcus-

LOLOL 
Didn't even think of that aspect of it.