Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
Per Rivals....  Jordan is a player who has "made a name" for himself, this month.

Rysheed Jordan
The Breakout Player of the Reebok camp, Jordan is a physical and athletic 6-foot-4 point guard. Reminiscent in some ways of a young Gary Payton because of his post-up game and prowess on the defensive end, Jordan should make a pretty big splash when rankings for the class of 2013 are updated.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1241452

Moose

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »
Per Rivals....  Jordan is a player who has "made a name" for himself, this month.

Rysheed Jordan
The Breakout Player of the Reebok camp, Jordan is a physical and athletic 6-foot-4 point guard. Reminiscent in some ways of a young Gary Payton because of his post-up game and prowess on the defensive end, Jordan should make a pretty big splash when rankings for the class of 2013 are updated.

Was Gary Payton 6'4?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 07:28:58 PM »

Rysheed Jordan

Was Gary Payton 6'4?

Yep.

Moose

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »

Rysheed Jordan

Was Gary Payton 6'4?

Yep.

Seems like he played a lot smaller than that.

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »
Hearing this kid is a becoming a priority.  I believe he is ahead of Terence Samuel in the PG pecking order for 2013.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »
Hearing this kid is a becoming a priority.  I believe he is ahead of Terence Samuel in the PG pecking order for 2013.

His size I would assume would be the factor that pushes him ahead.

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »

are you talking in terms of us or just in general fordham?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Gumby

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »
The mention of Gary Payton's name brings back bad memories.  I had lunch with Coach C. a few years ago and he said his two biggest recruiting mistakes were Gary Payton and Julius Erving.  Ouch!!!  Remember, Gary wanted St. John's real bad, but Coach C. already had Lewis and Broadnaux signed. Double Ouch!!!

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 09:43:27 AM »

are you talking in terms of us or just in general fordham?

SJU.

MCNPA

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 05:42:37 PM »
Alex Kline tweeted that we officially offered Rysheed Jordan today.  Kid is a best.  Certainly should be a priority.

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 07:28:02 PM »
Alex Kline tweeted that we officially offered Rysheed Jordan today.  Kid is a best.  Certainly should be a priority.

Per Maurice Wingate of Rivals:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1242326

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »
Per Evan Daniels (Scout.com)....

Guy that is under the radar but won't be for long? Rysheed Jordan. His name has yet to catch on a major level, but it will. 6'4 lead guard.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/#!/EvanDanielscout/status/93729107459846144[/tweet]

LJSA

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »
per zag's twitter:

2013 PG Rysheed Jordan confirmed he has offers from St. John's and Kansas and says he plans to visit #stjbb this summer

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »
Per Zags....

“St. John’s offered me,” Jordan said late Wednesday by phone.

A source close to the staff said St. John’s was “very high on his game.”

Jordan said he planned to visit St. John’s “probably this summer, probably in August.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/21/st-johns-kansas-offer-rysheed-jordan/#more-54928
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:37:02 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
Kid is a high priority for 2013.  Staff will be following him around starting tomorrow.  Don't let this staff get a head start on a kid!!!  LOL!!

Scout and Rivals all hint when they revise their 2013 rankings he will debut fairly high.  Kansas offering him this early is evidence of that.

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Kid is a high priority for 2013.  Staff will be following him around starting tomorrow.  Don't let this staff get a head start on a kid!!!  LOL!!

Scout and Rivals all hint when they revise their 2013 rankings he will debut fairly high.  Kansas offering him this early is evidence of that.

Jordan will be in Vegas on tomorrow, right?  I wouldn't want to deal with our staff--head start or not--if I were most schools.  LOL   

I bet if Jordan plays well over the weekend then he'll probably be a top 20-30 player once Rivals and Scout revise their respective rankings after the summer.

MCNPA

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »
Need to get this kid visiting this summer and working on him.  Rysheed Jordan for 2013, McCollough for 14' and a few others.  Things lining themselves up pretty well... :)

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »
Once our current roster starts tearing things up and playing brand of athletic and fast basketball that few teams can match, it is going to get very easy for Lavin and co. to close on the top talent.  The kids want to see the on-court product.

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
Per Zags....

Georgetown hosted Rysheed Jordan, a 2013 point guard from Pennsylvania, for an unofficial visit on Friday. Jordan called the visit “good.” Hoyas coach John Thompson III watched the rising junior play last Sunday at the End of Summer Classic. Jordan is hearing from the Hoyas, St. John’s, Kansas, Pittsburgh, Villanova and more. No visit date has been set to St. John’s.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/06/carolina-offers-warren-parker-recruiting-rundown/#more-55660

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2011, 03:53:37 PM »
Looks like Chiles with his years of coaching in Philly at Drexel is paying off.  First it was Nuri and now possibly Rysheed.

No its because of Sean Evans :)  (Calling Bobre)

LOL  Your call might get him to answer.   Then again, he might be tired of the incessant internet links or analyses of players no one has seen.   ;)   I guess there is no one on here who has never had any inside info.   ::)   

And to think you agreed with me just the other day.  Make up your mind.