shout out on Hot 97

• 12 replies
shout out on Hot 97
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:51:05 PM »
someone on twitter just posted our recruiting class just got a shout by DJ Bobby Trends on Hot 97 (for those that don't know, it's the #1 hip hop radio station in NYC and possibly the country).

Anyway its crazy the amount of publicity we're getting 3 months from the start of the season!  if this team can pull off a couple of upsets early, and with the NBA on lockout, our team WILL OWN NYC.

Re: shout out on Hot 97
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:35:32 AM »
I dont think this is the first time either I think like a month ago Hot 97 shouted out the STJ and the class and it might have been Flex but I dont remember

Moose

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »
I dont think this is the first time either I think like a month ago Hot 97 shouted out the STJ and the class and it might have been Flex but I dont remember

Wasn't Flex a staple at games in during the Artest/Barkley years.  I think I remember him at some Cook/Hatten games as well.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »

Wasn't Flex a staple at games in during the Artest/Barkley years.  I think I remember him at some Cook/Hatten games as well.

Wouldn't surprise me he has alot of NY pride but it would great to see him at the Garden this year. Having probably the #1 hip hop DJ in the world at your games would be great publicity

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 05:14:19 AM »

Flex was around a lot then.  Jay-Z was in attendance at times back then too and weren't Barkley and Bootsy in a Nas video?

Every little bit helps.  Glad Flex is still reppin St. John's.  We need all the help we can get because this whole Syracuse is NY's team b.s. makes me sick.  It's also not cool to see NYC kid waring UNC, Duke, or Ketucy gear.  Get real...that's like wearing a Yankees hat when you live in New Mexico.

I'd like to see J. Cole get involved.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:15:00 AM by Marillac »

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 02:58:08 PM »
i think it was reggie jesse who was in the nas video
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »

Song was "Nas is like"

Artest and Jesse were in the video for a second. 

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »

Flex was around a lot then.  Jay-Z was in attendance at times back then too and weren't Barkley and Bootsy in a Nas video?

Every little bit helps.  Glad Flex is still reppin St. John's.  We need all the help we can get because this whole Syracuse is NY's team b.s. makes me sick.  It's also not cool to see NYC kid waring UNC, Duke, or Ketucy gear.  Get real...that's like wearing a Yankees hat when you live in New Mexico.

I'd like to see J. Cole get involved.
You just named 3 of my most despised teams.  I am frothing at the mouth to have my teams in red wax the crap out of them.  You all are welcome to attend the opening game at the Barclays Center next year and watch the Terps upset Kentucky.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »
It was probably Ron Artest in the Nas is like video that song came out in 1999 and Nas and Ron grew up a block away

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 04:54:58 PM »
It wasn't Flex - it was DJ Clue. He's a Queens native & wore a SJU Jersey on the inset of one of his albums. He also had a few of the guys on that 1999 team on his radio show a few times that season. Clue is one of the most notable and popular DJ's in the world. I'm sure you'll see him at a few games this year.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 07:52:25 AM »

Song was "Nas is like"

Artest and Jesse were in the video for a second.

this seems good for post #1.  it was artest & jessie but that was queensbridge connect. Nas actually includes both in the cd insert thank yous for the album "i am"

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »
Who or what is Flex?

Moose

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 10:01:33 AM »
Who or what is Flex?

He's the Funkmaster :)
Remember who broke the Slice news