Worst starting PG's in the last 20 years

• 7 replies
Worst starting PG's in the last 20 years
« on: August 23, 2011, 04:03:48 PM »
Based on the Turner discussion I just rated the 5 worst starting PG's over the last
20 Years.

I would rate as follows

1.)Eugene Lawrence
2.) Tarik "Turnover" Turner
3.) Mo Brown
4.) Malik Booth
5.) Colin Charles

Enjoy!!!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:04:25 PM by 19854ever »

Re: Worst starting PG's in the last 20 years
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:26:37 PM »
C'mon!  Really?  I wasn't exactly a fan of none of those kids mentioned, but I wouldn't make a thread with the sole intention of dissing players of the Johnnies (amateurs, as well). 

I hope a mod delete this thread.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:27:52 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
Lawrence was bad. No doubt about that. However, in addition to having Norm Roberts as a coach almost all of the talent he had around him was below his own level of talent. Hill got hurt. Mason was always hurt. Hamilton was pretty good, but that's where it ended.

Occasionally, Geno would score points, run the offense, rebound and d up. By his senior year, he was exhausted, and he was left with raw freshman to lead, and he started to phone it in. Still, while he was bad, he did improve over time, and we can point to games where he played with guts, and kept us competitive.

Turner became somewhat decent for about 4-5 games when Artest, Lopez, Z, Grant and Jessie were on the floor so that no one even bothered to guard him. He was overmatched as a freshman, and so was Lawrence. YET, as a freshman, Lawrence had nothing to work with. Turner walked onto the court and he was surrounded by NBA talent.

All he had to do was get the damn ball to Hamilton and Lopez, and he couldn't handle it. He couldn't dribble. He couldn't pass. He couldn't play defense. He couldn't board.

I'm happy for how his life has turned out, but that is a tribute to Tarik and the University he went to. At the end of day he is a success, because it's student athlete before anything else. That is an advertisement for the school.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »
C'mon!  Really?  I wasn't exactly a fan of none of those kids mentioned, but I wouldn't make a thread with the sole intention of dissing players of the Johnnies (amateurs, as well). 

I hope a mod delete this thread.
I 2nd this  !!

You want to list the top XX and exclude players- fine.
Molloy '71

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
C'mon now!

This aint what the Jungle is about!
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »
Inappropriate,  Only question did  they try    and they did!   

Poison

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
Malik Boothe had a quality senior year. There is no reason to pick on a 4 year guy who played hard and contributed in turning this program around. Maybe of he had Lavin for 4 years, things would have turned out differently for him.

RedVet

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
Knocking former Johnnies who put their sweat & sometimes blood on the court just isn't the way to go. Being a slacker -- which none of these guys was -- is one thing, but being knocked for not having superior talent is something else again.