Carlos Galan - PG - Gompers - Bronx, NY

• 103 replies

NYCoffey

Carlos Galan - PG - Gompers - Bronx, NY
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »
TheRecruitScoop RT @NYPost_Brazille: Steve Lavin of St. John's saw 2013 Gompers (NY) G Carlos Galan. The Red Storm offered & Lavin has seen him 3 times.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:57:33 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Carlos GalanI-Gompers-
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
TheRecruitScoop RT @NYPost_Brazille: Steve Lavin of St. John's saw 2013 Gompers (NY) G Carlos Galan. The Red Storm offered & Lavin has seen him 3 times.

Our next Dominican player. Lav needs Felipe to sit next to him a few times over the next year to solidify his recruitment of this promising point guard.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »
Supposed to be a lights out shooter

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:42:09 PM »
Not much shown but still

carlos galan

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 09:43:18 PM »
the kid is from the bronx.  get hardy on the phone with him.

Re: Carlos Galan - PG - Gompers - Bronx, NY
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »
When Gompers HS junior Carlos Galan, a free-spirited shooting guard who exudes a playfulness as one of the city’s top scorers, and Yohan Almonte, a buttoned-down point guard who breathes the game, come together, things click. It’s a chemistry built on shared life experience.

Growing up blocks from each other in Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic, Almonte and Galan were seldom apart.

Whether it was walking to school together or playing basketball in their neighborhood of San Carlos, their friendship was a bond.

Read More:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-12-20/news/30540123_1_gompers-coach-ned-jackson-yohan-almonte-bilingual-teachers
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

kob24

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 01:45:05 AM »
He already knows him if I'm not mistaken

SJUFAN

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 02:25:07 AM »
Can he run point?

MCNPA

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 04:28:12 AM »
Can he run point?

I've heard he's a combo type but Lavin loves those types of guards.  D'Angelo wasn't a pg either, but he had 7 assists as our SG the other day.  As somebody had said before, Lavin is not a traditionalist with his offensive style.  He recruits guards and forwards and that's it.  His recruits fall into one category or the other.  I think you'll continue to see combo type guards fill these roles and the use of two primary ball handlers in the backcourt.  Both will be able to handle, pass, shoot and score.  Don't expect us to often go after pure pg types.  Lavin seems to like his pg's to be able to play like sg's as well.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:49 AM »
I'll get on the phone with him!  I'm Latin my wife is Dominican and I grew up in NYC.  No better place in the world for Dominicans than NYC.  NYC has the largest Dominican community outside DR.  That said, if Pitino gets involved we will have our hands fill. Pitino has had a lot of success with Latino players.

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »
I'll get on the phone with him!  I'm Latin my wife is Dominican and I grew up in NYC.  No better place in the world for Dominicans than NYC.  NYC has the largest Dominican community outside DR.  That said, if Pitino gets involved we will have our hands fill. Pitino has had a lot of success with Latino players.

Pitino announcing his retirement probably won't be favorable to quite a few recruits down the line.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 10:46:31 AM »

Pitino announcing his retirement probably won't be favorable to quite a few recruits down the line.

Very true. Completely forgot about that.

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 11:49:37 AM »
wow 19 years old in the fall of your junior year. I understand hes from the Dominican but thats crazy
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
wow 19 years old in the fall of your junior year. I understand hes from the Dominican but thats crazy

Not unusual when dealin wit non-English speaking immigrants comin into the NYC public system.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 02:15:17 PM »

This is the last season he's eligible to play in New York...he'll have to prep to play as a senior.

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
Let's hope he doesn't prep at RISE

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 02:27:18 PM »
Let's hope he doesn't prep at RISE

Haha.

Think hes older than 19? The baseball players that come over in some cases aren't as young as they say
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:48:49 PM by Marco Baldi »

MCNPA

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 02:55:09 AM »
I hope he heads to Bridgton. 

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 11:59:21 AM »
I hope he heads to Bridgton. 

+1 or south kent
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.