In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...

• 138 replies
Re: In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2012, 12:25:33 PM »
I'll still take Anthony Davis over Melo at the "5".  Melo maybe 7 feet tall and AD may be only 6'9"-6" 10, but Davis' wingspan makes him a true 5.  Better all around game , better rebounder, and better shot blocker. 

I can't say Sullinger is a center. He's the definition of a power forward. 

He plays center on his college team, boo.  So, he's a center for now.  He'll probably project as a power forward on the NBA-level, but he's currently a center. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:38:19 PM by mjdinkins »

boo3

« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2012, 12:40:08 PM »
 Well,  he's( Sullinger) listed as a forward on his teams roster. davis is listed as F-C.

When Anthony Glover played center for us, he was still a forward IMO.  Meaning, I wouldn't compare him to other centers, I'd compare him to other forwards.

It's all semantics anyway.  I wish we had a guy like Melo on our side.

« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »
Well,  he's( Sullinger) listed as a forward on his teams roster. davis is listed as F-C.

When Anthony Glover played center for us, he was still a forward IMO.  Meaning, I wouldn't compare him to other centers, I'd compare him to other forwards.

It's all semantics anyway.  I wish we had a guy like Melo on our side.

Yes, it's all semantics, but he's manned the middle on many occasions for Ohio State.  I wish we had Davis or Sullinger, instead.  LOL   ;)       

redslope

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »
Having seen Melo as a frosh and again this year, you can see growth.  but he is still a project.  It is as if he is still learning.  at his size to have had only 3 rebounds against us is not impressive and his averaging less than 6 a game for the year is not great.  However, you can't teach 7 feet.  That is something that will get him a shot in the pros.  He should stay for another year and develop his footwork. 

The low numbers could also be caused by the style of offense/defense he plays in their system.  with a lot of 3 point attempts the rebound is not going to the person playing the center position.  The size he brings to the middle of the zone is intimidating and allows the rest of the players a little more freedom in the zone as they know there is a big load sitting under the basket behind them.

Poison

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »
Did it occur to anyone that no one goes near the paint just because he's there?
He had 3 rebounds against us but none of them had to focus for a minute to beat us.
They've only played one top ten team, and he was key in beating them. That's when it became clear just how big of a step he's taken. And it's true, he is a project, but the things he does on d make him a huge weapon.

« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
Did it occur to anyone that no one goes near the paint just because he's there?
He had 3 rebounds against us but none of them had to focus for a minute to beat us.
They've only played one top ten team, and he was key in beating them. That's when it became clear just how big of a step he's taken. And it's true, he is a project, but the things he does on d make him a huge weapon.

'Cuse's long zone was key in limiting (Florida's) Young.  It wasn't just Melo.  Besides, Florida scored 32 of their 68 points in the paint against 'Cuse.  Stop exaggerating to prove some lame point.  He's a good cog in what they are doing, but he's not the sole one like you were spewing a couple of nights ago.  You said, he was the best center in COLLEGE hoops, and now that you've been debunked, you're going this way and that way to deflect what you stated earlier.  There are several guys at his position in college hoops that are better overall players.   

Contrary to what you might believe, 'Cuse's opposition have attempted 429 FTs to their 453.  In conference play, the opposition is 285-429, while 'Cuse is 316-453.   In conference play (prior to Melo's absence), the oppositions FTs were 98-148, while 'Cuse were 106-148.  Most people know you usually get to the line while being fouled near the basket.  That isn't the only way to get to the foul line, but it's generally the quickest route there.  So, I guess teams aren't going near the paint.     
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:55:03 PM by mjdinkins »

Tha Kid

« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2012, 04:06:03 PM »
Mason Plumlee over Fab Melo for collegiate centers if you want to continue the list.  Mason got 17 boards against us to Melo's 3.  But explain to me again, Poison, how his 3 rebounds are a sign of just how amazing he is?
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »
Mason Plumlee over Fab Melo for collegiate centers if you want to continue the list.  Mason got 17 boards against us to Melo's 3.  But explain to me again, Poison, how his 3 rebounds are a sign of just how amazing he is?

He had 3 boards in a landslide. They have a balanced scoring attack when he's in the game. Mason Plumlee? Are you self medicating? That loser just lost to Miami.

Tha Kid

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2012, 05:03:32 PM »
Poison, you realize basketball is a team sport, right?  Fab Melo is by no means winning games alone, and Mason Plumlee is not losing them (in fact, Duke would have at least a few more losses without him, as he is their best player).

"That loser" is a national champion.   What has Fab Melo done other than, according to you, been the driving force in a 1 loss season through early February?

You are a joke.  Im beginning to think you are Jim Boeheim ---- or Laurie Fine.  They both seem like big whiners.

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2012, 05:31:34 PM »
Poison, you realize basketball is a team sport, right?  Fab Melo is by no means winning games alone, and Mason Plumlee is not losing them (in fact, Duke would have at least a few more losses without him, as he is their best player).

"That loser" is a national champion.   What has Fab Melo done other than, according to you, been the driving force in a 1 loss season through early February?

You are a joke.  Im beginning to think you are Jim Boeheim ---- or Laurie Fine.  They both seem like big whiners.

Unbelievable!  He's calling Plumlee and Drummond "losers" because their respective teams lost games against the likes of Miami, Seton Hall and Rutgers, respectively.  He's talking up Fab Melo like he's the SOLE reason Syracuse has only 1 loss.  I would think Melo was Patrick Ewing, if I didn't know any better.

A joke is an understatement.   
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:31:54 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2012, 05:35:10 PM »

Mason Plumlee is a national champion? Seriously Kid. That's what you got?

Poison

« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »

Unbelievable!  He's calling Plumlee and Drummond "losers" because their respective teams lost games against the likes of Miami, Seton Hall and Rutgers, respectively.  He's talking up Fab Melo like he's the SOLE reason Syracuse has only 1 loss.  I would think Melo was Patrick Ewing, if I didn't know any better.

Melo is the main reason why SU is a top ranked team this year. That is absolutely the case. If you can't see that, you don't know the first thing about college basketball. To ignore how they played without him is nice personic. It happened. Try paying attention.

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2012, 05:43:33 PM »

Melo is the main reason why SU is a top ranked team this year. That is absolutely the case. If you can't see that, you don't know the first thing about college basketball. To ignore how they played without him is nice personic. It happened. Try paying attention.

First of all, don't even use the word "nice personic" or any other word that takes away from one's intelligence.  Melo is part of the reason....  Not the main reason, fool! 

This particular quote fits you fine: Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Poison

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2012, 06:19:15 PM »
He's not the main reason? Oh really? Who is then? Since you know so much, answer it!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:19:55 PM by Poison »

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »
He's not the main reason? Oh really? Who is then? Since you know so much, answer it!

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Poison

« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Answer the question you woman.

« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »
Melo makes syracuse unbeatable against us. Not sure what it does against other teams but he is huge presence for them on the defensive end. As uncoordinated, clumsy, and dumb he is.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2012, 07:25:02 PM »
Melo makes syracuse unbeatable against us. Not sure what it does against other teams but he is huge presence for them on the defensive end. As uncoordinated, clumsy, and dumb he is.

He is all of things, but for these homers to deny how much he changes the game is just sad. Dikembe was awkward too at first, too.

Tha Kid

« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
Plumlee averages roughly 12 and 10 with a couple assists and 1.5 blocks.  Melo averages 8 and 6 and 3 blocks.

If you were constructing a college team, most people would pick plumlee.  And drummond.  And anthony davis (everyone would pick davis).  And sullinger.  And zeller. 

For syracuse because they are a very deep team, yes, melo might bring an "x" factor that someone like plumlee or drummond would bring.  But to the vast majority of teams, plumlee and drummond would help more.

If you even attempt to argue anthony davis might not be as helpful, you are out of your mind.

And you call someone a loser bc their team is 19-4, yet disregard the fact they have won a national title?  What makes someone a loser, just their most recent loss?  My definition of a loser is a st johns fan who bootylicks a rival school all day every day in as many threads as possible.  Do you have an alert set up that emails you any time cuse is discussed on this board?  Are you a syracuse booster? Did jim boeheim smile at you once? Or did Bernie?

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
Plumlee averages roughly 12 and 10 with a couple assists and 1.5 blocks.  Melo averages 8 and 6 and 3 blocks.

If you were constructing a college team, most people would pick plumlee.  And drummond.  And anthony davis (everyone would pick davis).  And sullinger.  And zeller. 

For syracuse because they are a very deep team, yes, melo might bring an "x" factor that someone like plumlee or drummond would bring.  But to the vast majority of teams, plumlee and drummond would help more.

If you even attempt to argue anthony davis might not be as helpful, you are out of your mind.

And you call someone a loser bc their team is 19-4, yet disregard the fact they have won a national title?  What makes someone a loser, just their most recent loss?  My definition of a loser is a st johns fan who bootylicks a rival school all day every day in as many threads as possible.  Do you have an alert set up that emails you any time cuse is discussed on this board?  Are you a syracuse booster? Did jim boeheim smile at you once? Or did Bernie?

Kid....  Remember this quote: Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.