In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...

• 138 replies

Poison

Re: In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »
If I'm building a college team, and I'm starting with the center position, I'd take a center.
Melo is my choice. If you watched SU play without Melo you'd see that he's a lot more than a contributor.

All of you nerds are too caught up in stats. Melo controls the paint. No one else on that team plays interior defense.
Games against ND, Cinci and WV proved that, but hey, forget the evidence that I just provided, I'm an idiot. Even when I'm right.

Kid, I don't like your Duke balls sucking any more than you like me giving SU credit for developing talent. If you don't like it, you can start by cutting the crap yourself before you call me out. And yes, again, Plumlee is highly overrated. A national champion. Please. So was the equipment manager.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:57:47 PM by Poison »

« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2012, 08:04:11 PM »
'Cuse would be even better with Anthony Davis at center instead of Melo. That's not really debatable. Anyone who's watched college ball this year will tell you that. Davis can do everything Melo can...but a lot better. I would even argue the same for Drummond. They only thing Melo does better than Sullinger, Zeller and Plumlee is block shots.

Your argument might make sense if you were trying to argue who's the best shotblocking center (although Davis is better than Melo there as well), but he's not even close to better overall than any of the guys mentioned.

Poison

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »
'Cuse would be even better with Anthony Davis at center instead of Melo. That's not really debatable. Anyone who's watched college ball this year will tell you that. Davis can do everything Melo can...but a lot better. I would even argue the same for Drummond. They only thing Melo does better than Sullinger, Zeller and Plumlee is block shots.

Your argument might make sense if you were trying to argue who's the best shotblocking center (although Davis is better than Melo there as well), but he's not even close to better overall than any of the guys mentioned.

Cuse would be even better than the 20-0 they are now with Melo? Really? How exactly can you better than undefeated?

Tha Kid

« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
If I'm building a college team, and I'm starting with the center position, I'd take a center.
Melo is my choice. If you watched SU play without Melo you'd see that he's a lot more than a contributor.

All of you nerds are too caught up in stats. Melo controls the paint. No one else on that team plays interior defense.
Games against ND, Cinci and WV proved that, but hey, forget the evidence that I just provided, I'm an idiot. Even when I'm right.

Kid, I don't like your Duke balls sucking any more than you like me giving SU credit for developing talent. If you don't like it, you can start by cutting the crap yourself before you call me out. And yes, again, Plumlee is highly overrated. A national champion. Please. So was the equipment manager.

I graduated from Duke University which is why I also root for them.  Everyone knows that, and I think it's a pretty legit reason.  And I definitely do not sweat the Duke team like you sweat Syracuse.  Never have.  What's your excuse with Syracuse?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »

Cuse would be even better than the 20-0 they are now with Melo? Really? How exactly can you better than undefeated?

So, according to you Murray St. just as good as Syracuse. Are you really so close minded that you can't see that although a team is undefeated there is still room too get better? Which would be the case if 'Cuse had Davis instead of Melo.

Poison

« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2012, 08:34:28 PM »

I graduated from Duke University which is why I also root for them.  Everyone knows that, and I think it's a pretty legit reason.  And I definitely do not sweat the Duke team like you sweat Syracuse.  Never have.  What's your excuse with Syracuse?

My excuse is that after watching them trounce us for two decades, I've come to respect them. Thank God they're leaving. I've had enough of being their punching bag.

Poison

« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »

So, according to you Murray St. just as good as Syracuse. Are you really so close minded that you can't see that although a team is undefeated there is still room too get better? Which would be the case if 'Cuse had Davis instead of Melo.

Did Murray State beat Florida? Did they beat anyone?

« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »

Do you just change your argument every time someone points out the flaws in what you're saying? You've done it many times in this thread alone.

Poison

« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »

Do you just change your argument every time someone points out the flaws in what you're saying? You've done it many times in this thread alone.

When I make a great point, you ignore it. Syracuse is just another team without him. I provide evidence, you ignore it. Call me names, and provide an argument that makes zero sense. Well done. Did you watch him on Saturday? Did you see how friggan' big that guy is? It wasn't even fair having him on the court.

I said he was the best center in the country, and I said that in large part due to his performance, and in large part due the fact that he's a REAL center. Calling Sullinger and Drummond centers just because they play center is no different than calling Gift or Harkless a center because they've played center this year. They're NOT centers.

Poison

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »
Drummond doing his thing tonight. Sucking. But hey, what's hard evidence really worth?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:54:37 PM by Poison »

« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
I'm really sorry that I started this argument with my "Melo sucks" post.  100 posts later, someone is still trying to argue that Melo is the best big man in college basketball.  Smh!

Poison

« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2012, 09:57:58 PM »
I'm really sorry that I started this argument with my "Melo sucks" post.  100 posts later, someone is still trying to argue that Melo is the best big man in college basketball.  Smh!

It's not Melo. Whenever he plays Syracuse sucks. Andre Drummond is the best center.

Poison

« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »
He is the ONLY center. There is no one else.

So, you can have Melo, Drummond, Davis, or Sullinger to play center for SJU, you're taking Melo? You keep dodging this
question.

It's apparent that he's full of it, 212.  He's manipulated the discussion (at least, he attempted) and dodged questions.  LOL   

I'd take Henry Sims over Melo.

Of course you would. And you'd also take his 1-12 from the floor last night.

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »
All I can say is I am sure glad we don't have 7' center Fab Melo protecting our basket against G'town on Sunday like the cuse had last night when he had 6 blocked shots (11 pts 7 rebs). Besides we have GG who is poised to pile up another rebound against G'town like the one he posted against Cincy. Yeah Melo sucks geniuses.

« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2012, 11:08:38 PM »
All I can say is I am sure glad we don't have 7' center Fab Melo protecting our basket against G'town on Sunday like the cuse had last night when he had 6 blocked shots (11 pts 7 rebs). Besides we have GG who is poised to pile up another rebound against G'town like the one he posted against Cincy. Yeah Melo sucks geniuses.

There's a difference between sucking and not being the best center in the country.

« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2012, 11:11:39 PM »

There's a difference between sucking and not being the best center in the country.
Poster after Poison's positive post said he sucked PAL!

« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2012, 11:24:30 PM »

Well, you said "geniuses," so assumed you were referencing me as well. Sorry.

« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2012, 11:50:44 PM »

LOL 212. Sorry, just frustrated over the way things have been going in Redmen land.

« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »

LOL 212. Sorry, just frustrated over the way things have been going in Redmen land.

It's all good. And, you're right, these last few days have been pretty depressing.