In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...

• 138 replies

Moose

Re: In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 12:57:20 AM »
Melo will be an NBA player.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is blinded too much by their Cuse hate.  I hate them more than anything but he sucked like crap last year and improved tremendously this year.  I'm sure it will only get better for him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »
Melo will be an NBA player.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is blinded too much by their Cuse hate.  I hate them more than anything but he sucked like crap last year and improved tremendously this year.  I'm sure it will only get better for him.

I'm not one of those 'Cuse haters.  I only "hate" one team in the Big East and it ain't the 'Cuse.  Melo will be an NBA player, but I'm not sure he'll have a long career.  I'm not a big fan of his. 

Poison

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 01:13:53 AM »
No, he's not Dwight Howard, but what center in college is better than him?

More bootlicking, Poison?  I can name a few collegiate centers that are better than him. 

You can? Start with one.

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 01:18:04 AM »

More bootlicking, Poison?  I can name a few collegiate centers that are better than him. 

You can? Start with one.

I'll give you a few....  Anthony Davis, Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones, III, Patric Young, and Tyler and Cody Zeller.  Heck!  Henry Sims of G'town is better than him, IMO.  Those are just a few.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:19:29 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 01:20:50 AM »

You can? Start with one.

I'll give you a few....  Anthony Davis, Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones, III, Patric Young, and Tyler and Cody Zeller.  Those are
 just a few.

What are you talking about? I said CENTERS. Not power forwards. And seriously, Patric Young? Melo batted him around like a bunny. Hate all you want, but don't let it get in the way good sense.

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2012, 01:23:58 AM »

You can? Start with one.

I'll give you a few....  Anthony Davis, Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones, III, Patric Young, and Tyler and Cody Zeller.  Those are
 just a few.

What are you talking about? I said CENTERS. Not power forwards. And seriously, Patric Young? Melo batted him around like a bunny. Hate all you want, but don't let it get in the way good sense.

LOL   Those guys play CENTER on their respective COLLEGIATE teams.  You said, better college centers, correct?  Hate?!  I don't hate anything about 'Cuse.  Besides, that is a trite and overused word. It wasn't like Melo was guarding Young one-on-one.  So, don't get it twisted like he kept him in check all by his lonesome.   

Don't allow your constant bootlicking to override your train of thought is more like it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:25:34 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:08 AM »
I don't think you know what a center is. Gift plays center, but he is not a center. Sullinger is great. Davis is great too, but they are not centers. You've lost this one. End it before you embarrass yourself further.

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2012, 01:28:23 AM »
I don't think you know what a center is. Gift plays center, but he is not a center. Sullinger is great. Davis is great too, but they are not centers. You've lost this one. End it before you embarrass yourself further.

Stop contradicting yourself, bootlicker.  I know what a center is.  Just because someone doesn't look like Shaq it doesn't mean they aren't a center.  You said, center in college.  Those kids play center on their respective teams.  I named some guys who are better and then you start talking out of your anus.  Predictable.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:29:34 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2012, 01:29:55 AM »

You can? Start with one.

You think Fab Melo is the best center in the country right now? Are you serious? The guy has grabbed double digit rebounds in one game this season (10 against Pitt). He only averages 5.7 per game. He's not a scorer. He's a shot blocker, not much more. He will probably get drafted and be a backup Center in the NBA, but he'll never be anything special in my opinion. You think he's better than Davis, Sullinger, and Drummund? They all play Center for their teams.

Poison

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2012, 01:37:26 AM »
Not the best center. The only center. Don't give me this BS that Sullinger is a center. You can't look at stats alone and judge a player's impact and importance to a team. Clearly, I've been watching bball longer than you guys have.

Don't think Melo is that good. What's Syracuse's record with him in the line up?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:40:29 AM by Poison »

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2012, 01:41:32 AM »
Not the best center. The only center. Don't give me this BS that Sullinger is a center. He'll be lucky to play the 4 in college.

So a center is only what you decide is a center? Not guys that actually play the position in college? They are not in the NBA yet, we're talking about college. Sullinger plays the center position for the Buckeyes. And Drummund will prob play center in the NBA. Both are way better than Melo. Anthony Davis plays center for Kentucky, and blocks more shots, scores more, and averages more rebounds than Melo.

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2012, 01:44:15 AM »
Not the best center. The only center. Don't give me this BS that Sullinger is a center. You can't look at stats alone and judge a player's impact and importance to a team. Clearly, I've been watching bball longer than you guys have.

Don't think Melo is that good. What's Syracuse's record with him in the line up?

So suppose St. John's has the choice of Davis, Sullinger, Drummond, and Melo to play center for us for the rest of the season. Who you taking?

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2012, 01:44:59 AM »

Yeah....  You can attempt to manipulate the argument all you want, but those kids play center for their respective teams.  I think most folk will agree they are better than Melo.  'Cuse has only lost one game all year.  Quite frankly, I think they lose that game even with Melo.  So, what is your point? 

I don't care how long you've been watching the game.  I've been watching the game since '79 and I believe I have a good wealth of knowledge.  So, don't play that card here. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:48:04 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2012, 01:46:08 AM »
Drummond sucks. Uconn has 4 losses in the BE. They lost to Seton Hall and RU.
Ask Herb Pope if he'd rather face Melo or Drummond?

And again, I'm talking about REAL centers. Not bullsh*t centers. How do you not see
that Melo is the reason why Syracuse is 23-1? I don't understand how that isn't obvious
to anyone who follows the game.

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2012, 01:46:31 AM »
Not the best center. The only center. Don't give me this BS that Sullinger is a center. He'll be lucky to play the 4 in college.

So a center is only what you decide is a center? Not guys that actually play the position in college? They are not in the NBA yet, we're talking about college. Sullinger plays the center position for the Buckeyes. And Drummund will prob play center in the NBA. Both are way better than Melo. Anthony Davis plays center for Kentucky, and blocks more shots, scores more, and averages more rebounds than Melo.

He even said, the best center in COLLEGE.  Now, he's contradicting himself like a criminal during interrogation.

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2012, 01:47:35 AM »

And again, I'm talking about REAL centers. Not bullsh*t centers. How do you not see
that Melo is the reason why Syracuse is 23-1? I don't understand how that isn't obvious
to anyone who follows the game.

So, you think Melo is the sole reason 'Cuse is 23-1?  LOL   I've had my laugh for this early morning. 

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2012, 01:48:16 AM »
Yeah cuse would probably be a .500 team right now if they didn't have Melo and his 5.7 rebounds.  ::)

Poison

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2012, 01:48:27 AM »
20-0 with Fab Melo in the line up. 2-1 with a blowout loss and two very close wins against average BE teams.
You have may been watching. Try paying attention.

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2012, 01:50:20 AM »

'Cuse has a better team than UConn.  Your point?

Ask Herb Pople who he'd rather face between Melo or Drummond?  I don't know what he'll say, but I think he wouldn't wanna face 'Cuse's long zone is more like it.   You're reaching for straws.

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2012, 01:51:14 AM »

So suppose St. John's has the choice of Davis, Sullinger, Drummond, and Melo to play center for us for the rest of the season. Who you taking?

You haven't answered my question yet.