In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...

• 138 replies

Poison

Re: In Honor of Fab Melo.. this Sat's chant should be...
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2012, 11:15:34 AM »
He is the only player on that team who isn't replaceable. Everyone else is interchangeable.

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
He is the only player on that team who isn't replaceable. Everyone else is interchangeable.

You continue to manipulate the discussion.   ::)    Your credibility is shot.  LOL   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:18:01 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »

You continue to manipulate the discussion.   ::)    Your credibility is shot.  LOL   

Like I said, we'll see. We'll also see who is here to admit they are wrong, and who has zero accountability.

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »

Like I said, we'll see. We'll also see who is here to admit they are wrong, and who has zero accountability.

What will we exactly see?  Enlighten the board....  Myself, redstorm212 and boo stated who we thought was better than Melo when it came to the best centers in COLLEGIATE hoops.  Then, you stated Melo was the SOLE reason the 'Cuse was 23-1.  Shortly afterwards, you tried to blame Drummond on UConn's losses to Seton Hall and Rutgers.  Not to mention, you've attempted to manipulate the disccusion as a whole to prove some shoddy point of yours. 

You asked me to name one.  I named several; redstorm named a few; and boo named one.  What else do you want?  Once again, continue to manipulate the discussion and act like a toady for the 'Cuse.  Suit yourself. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:11:19 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2012, 12:27:32 PM »
You named zero. A REAL center. I don't give a f if they play center.

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »

LOL what does that even mean? "A REAL center. I don't give a f if they play center."

« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2012, 12:37:01 PM »

LOL what does that even mean? "A REAL center. I don't give a f if they play center."

LOL  It means nothing, 212.  Just more manipulation and contradicting of the discussion.  I'm quickly finding out that he's silly beyond belief.

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »

LOL  It means nothing, 212.  Just more manipulation and contradicting of the discussion.  I'm quickly finding out that he's silly beyond belief.

He just keeps digging himself deeper. I mean he honestly said in this thread that he'd rather SJU have Fab Melo at the 5 than Anthony Davis. That's comical.

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »

He just keeps digging himself deeper. I mean he honestly said in this thread that he'd rather SJU have Fab Melo at the 5 than Anthony Davis. That's comical.

He knows he's dug himself in a hole, and that is why you're getting the manipulation and silly arse rebuttal from him.  I'd take Anthony Davis all day long over Melo.  It's a no-brainer.

Poison

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
We'll see smart guys.

« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »
We'll see smart guys.

We'll see if Melo is drafter higher, and becomes a better pro than Anthony Davis?

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »
Btw, I hate UK too, but Anthony Davis is just an amazing story.  To grow 6 inches in one year and to have the agility and quickness at his size is incredible.  Sad that Cal can just pick any kid he wants and he's almost guaranteed to get them.

Poison

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
We'll see smart guys.

We'll see if Melo is drafter higher, and becomes a better pro than Anthony Davis?

Um, no. That's not what I said.

derk

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »
He is the ONLY center. There is no one else. What has changed about that team from last year to this year? Basically, they added Melo to the starting line up, and graduated Rick Jackson. Who, to his credit was a solid 4 year player who improved every season.

What else has changed about Syracuse? Waiters is better. Scoop, Triche, Joseph and Fair are basically the same as they were. So, yes, I absolutely believe that he is the key to that team's success.

We will see this week and next how Melo stands up against GT and Uconn. So far, I distinctly remember him taking Young and Pope completely out of their games. It isn't fair to discount those performances. Like it or not, he's the most improved player in the nation.

There's plenty of room to agree with both of you. I believe Melo is largely responsible for their record. I also believe he is not the best center in college - largely.

Poison

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2012, 11:34:59 AM »
We'll learn a lot about Melo's significance when he faces Uconn, GTown & Louisville. Legit competition for him there. Last Saturday, not so much. He didn't even have to try against Gift.

derk

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2012, 11:47:50 AM »
We'll learn a lot about Melo's significance when he faces Uconn, GTown & Louisville. Legit competition for him there. Last Saturday, not so much. He didn't even have to try against Gift.

No doubt.

« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »

No doubt.

So, if 'Cuse wins those games then it means Melo is the best center in the nation?   Because, it seemed Drummond was the sole reason UConn lost to Seton Hall and Rutgers, respectively.   LOL   

Let me hear this great logic. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:51:31 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »
Melo is the key to Syracuse. He is the most important player on a team that is 23-1.

I can't explain it any better. Either you get it, or you don't.
If you've been watching basketball for as long as you say you have you should have
more respect for defense.

That is what separates Melo from everyone else. Drummond, please. Overrated.

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
Melo is the key to Syracuse. He is the most important player on a team that is 23-1.

I can't explain it any better. Either you get it, or you don't.
If you've been watching basketball for as long as you say you have you should have
more respect for defense.

That is what separates Melo from everyone else. Drummond, please. Overrated.

A couple of days ago, you stated he was the SOLE reason for their record.  In essence, the 'Cuse other players didn't much matter.  I never said, Melo wasn't an important cog in their record.  But, do not act like for one second that his team isn't practically carrying the load.  The guy has only had one double-digit rebounding game.  'Nuff said.  Not to mention, you blamed Drummond for UConn's losses to Seton Hall and Rutgers.  I also never mentioned Drummond when I gave you kids who are better than Melo(redstorm212 mentioned him).  But, I think Drummond is on par, if not better than Melo.   

You've contradicted yourself and attempted to manipulate the discussion to gain some form of advantage.  Your initial argument was Melo was the best COLLEGIATE center in the nation.  Myself and a few others have came up with other names who are better than him.  Then, you came up with some lame arse reply about who is or isn't a center. 

Give it up, dude!  You're full of it. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:12:45 PM by mjdinkins »

boo3

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2012, 12:23:06 PM »
 I'll still take Anthony Davis over Melo at the "5".  Melo maybe 7 feet tall and AD may be only 6'9"-6" 10, but Davis' wingspan makes him a true 5.  Better all around game , better rebounder, and better shot blocker. 

I can't say Sullinger is a center. He's the definition of a power forward. 

I haven't seen enough of Drummond to have an opinion.